Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ford Focus ST for sale in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    Along with other non US sold cars, I'm glad I moved here.

Ditto. Just stay out of Mexico City, you'll be fine.
    What else is sold there that's not sold here, French cars? Where did you move from? How bad is Mexico City?
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    What else is sold there that's not sold here, French cars? Where did you move from? How bad is Mexico City?
    Well, for example was have Renault (including the Clio Sport and Megane Sport) Peugeot, SEAT, Smart, Opel (Sold under the Chevy badge), Fiat...

I moved from Miami to Mexico to start a business, which has been profitable. I was born in Mexico moved to the US when I was 7 years old and came back recently. My father ( a former Mexican Diplomat) was born in San Francisco, hence I have dual citizenship. Long story...

As far as Mexico City goes, yes, it's bad. Unfortunately, it has the highest crime rate in the country. To give you an idea...150 cars are stolen every day. 30% are car jackings.

Well, for example was have Renault (including the Clio Sport and Megane Sport) Peugeot, SEAT, Smart, Opel (Sold under the Chevy badge), Fiat...

I moved from Miami to Mexico to start a business, which has been profitable. I was born in Mexico moved to the US when I was 7 years old and came back recently. My father ( a former Mexican Diplomat) was born in San Francisco, hence I have dual citizenship. Long story...

As far as Mexico City goes, yes, it's bad. Unfortunately, it has the highest crime rate in the country. To give you an idea...150 cars are stolen every day. 30% are car jackings.
    You guys are lucky. I wish we still got Renaults here. I wish we got the ST here...

That's pretty cool, the dual citizenship and what not. I always like to hear that someone is doing well, so congrats on the profitability.

It's a shame to hear that Mexico City is that bad. I've always wanted to visit Mexico; now, I know to stay out of Mexico City.

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

You guys are lucky. I wish we still got Renaults here. I wish we got the ST here...
    I'm glad too. I'm just sad that we didn't get the Pontiac GTO when it was in production and you have to special order the Shelby GT 500, it goes for $90,000.00 USD here!! Import tax and all.

That's pretty cool, the dual citizenship and what not. I always like to hear that someone is doing well, so congrats on the profitability.
    Thanks dude.

It's a shame to hear that Mexico City is that bad. I've always wanted to visit Mexico; now, I know to stay out of Mexico City.
    It's really too bad, it's a beautiful city with lots to do and see. And it's huge, 20,000,000 people!! If you ever come to Mexico let me know.

I'm glad too. I'm just sad that we didn't get the Pontiac GTO when it was in production and you have to special order the Shelby GT 500, it goes for $90,000.00 USD here!! Import tax and all.
    Wow, that's obnoxious. That's I think I'd rather a SVT Cobra R for that money.

It's really too bad, it's a beautiful city with lots to do and see. And it's huge, 20,000,000 people!! If you ever come to Mexico let me know.
    I have heard that's a really interesting city and country for that matter, my neighbor is immigrated from Mexico so I'd say he's a reliable source.

With 20,000,000 people the crime isn't that shocking, but it's still a terrible thing, and it makes me sad to hear it. I'll definately get in touch if I ever make it down there, and I hope I do.

thats like...the entire population of Australia, in one city. sweet jesus
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thanks for the info Quiggs, I guess I should have specified, I was talking about how they match up performance wise.
    Car & Driver tested the GTI at 6 seconds flat to 60 and the 1/4 in mid 14's; .84 on the skidpad. They list the ST at 6.5 to 60. I'm having some trouble finding more stats on the ST.

Depends, the Mustang GT is in that price range here too and I've seen quite a few GTI's along with Mustangs on the road here. Guess it comes down to personal preference.
    True enough.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    thats like...the entire population of Australia, in one city. sweet jesus
    Haha, you ain't kiddin'. Traffic is just nuts, if you can drive and Mexico City, you can drive anyware!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Car & Driver tested the GTI at 6 seconds flat to 60 and the 1/4 in mid 14's; .84 on the skidpad. They list the ST at 6.5 to 60. I'm having some trouble finding more stats on the ST.
    Hmm, the GTI has 200 hp, the ST 220 hp. The GTI must be lighter I guess.

Hmm, the GTI has 200 hp, the ST 220 hp. The GTI must be lighter I guess.
    Stock 2.0T's dyno regularly at 190+whp. They're very underrated from the factory.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Stock 2.0T's dyno regularly at 190+whp. They're very underrated from the factory.
    I would love to stick that engine in my Pointer GTI.

A lot of that 0-60 would be down to the DSG, also GTI = 1364kg and ST = 1442kg. Though the ST has 40nm more torque.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

*sigh*
    For an old guy I suppose I should keep my over exuberance in check.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    A lot of that 0-60 would be down to the DSG, also GTI = 1364kg and ST = 1442kg. Though the ST has 40nm more torque.
    Ok, so the GTI is a bit faster 0 - 60, what about handling and braking? Anyone have info?

Pretty much just as good as each other pretty much from most reviews I've read
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I found this TG review on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQM1NUmK3qA

If I have time, I'll go out and test drive it.

Thread Information