Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New threats for Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I've gotten to the point of nearly hating Israel and their diplomatic policy.
    I agree after what happened in Lebanon, I can imgine them (Israel) getting heavily taken over by surrounding countries, only a matter of time but don't threat! America Will come to the rescue, oh wait there still tied up in Iraq therefore you'll proberly just recieve more Nukes to use then By the way thats not really a anti-American post it's just that I don't like Isreal that much and well I'm pretty sure America won't miss out on the chance to attack another Middle-east country..
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    but seriously...syria doesnt stand a chance
    Seriously?! nAW D4wG! Man that's the biggest load of BS I've head from you werty man! Come'on!
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

Violence doesnt solve violence, it creates new violence.

Something the USA and their allies never understood. It is now paying off for them. Propaganda-machines are running like crazy to keep up with all the bad news for them

This has very little to do with Americans. focus on the issue at hand.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Israel is surrounded by countries that dont accept it. it should try to take steps to come to some peaceful terms with its neighbours but has it? no, just the opposite.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

Mel Gibson was right.

Quote Originally Posted by aiasib View Post
    Mel Gibson was right.
    I am not sure what to say to that.

And Coventry, I know that kind of phrase literally does not say "I do not believe Israel has the right to exist". I cannot help my natural reactions however, and I admit it. Naturally, I take that as a sort of "In your face" type statement. I wish I didn't, as I see that it is simply a figure of speech that need not have any genocidal connotations to it, it just.....is my natural reaction. I cannot help my natural reaction, as I am merely human, as are you, and I hope you forgive me this weird instinct.

As for the assasinations and fighter jets issue.....the scientists I can understand their reasoning, but I do agree that it is wrong. I can see why - Israel is very paranoid, and very afraid that Iran is trying to get nuclear weapons. Whether or not Iran is indeed attempting to get nuclear weapons, is entirely another issue, and mostly irrelevant. The assasination was wrong - nuclear physics might be tied with the most deadly of weapons, but the results of nuclear research are key to allowing a civilization these days to bring itself farther. Iran is not the most modernized of countries, and nuclear weapons regardless, will someday need nuclear based-technologies to modernize itself.

On the point of the land being split, before Israel became a country - Alright, even if England did not actually make the choice in the end, that does not change that the Palestinian leader(s) refused to take what they were offered simply because they were not given all of it. I have looked deeper into the matter, and you were right - it was the UN's plan. However, the Arab nations rejected this compromise. After Israel's war of Independance when five neighboring countries jointly attacked Israel, Israel once again offered a compromise to let refugees back to their lands, give all frozen bank account funds to the refugees, and also to compensate ~100,000 refugees for their losses. Considering Israel had barely been in existance for a full year yet and were barely able to support themselves, and had spent alot of this year fighting a war in which they were vastly outnumbered, this is rather generous. The Arab nations refused, partly on the basis that it would be a recognition of Israel's existance. Israel later still went through with parts of this compromise. As there were more situations like this, I cannot blame some of the older Israeli's to be distrustful of their neighbors. I am not saying they are in the right to be distrustful, I am just saying that when you have very little to offer, but offer it anyway, and they refuse simply because they do not want to acknowledge your existance....That does not build the foundations of trust, and memory is what the vast majority of human opinions and beliefs are based on (subconciously).

As a note, various Arab countries for a very long time refused to acknowledge Israel's existance. However, I am pretty sure that this has mostly ended.
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...s-israel_x.htm This, is a step in the wrong direction. However, this following Washington Post article, desribes a step in the right direction.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...092101635.html

On to the BBC article and the statement by the Iranian president. I really want to see the article you are referring to, as that is the type of thing where I want to see evidence saying that I would be wrong to believe that statement. I will look for it later when I have time (Junior year is horrid....standardized test prep and my school makes a point of making its junior year the most hellish even compared to most private schools....ugh).

Rock, you brought up a good point. I am not referring to you, I am just making the following clear - I do not want to seem like a whiny little pro-Israel ignorant little jerkoff, for the reason Rock made clear - it makes people hate Israel. So, if at any moment anyone feels I am becoming unreasonable/closed-minded, tell me. I want to be pro-Israel, and I do hope to lessen anti-Israeli feelings and/or raise pro-Israeli feelings, but I do not want to alienate myself from this community, or a particular person. I like this community
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    but I do not want to alienate myself from this community, or a particular person. I like this community
    Criticize the USA and it happens over here

This has very little to do with Americans. focus on the issue at hand.
    It has more to do with the USA then you think. A large amount of rich American Jews fund the state of Israel. The media is also largely owned by rich American jews. They also have a very high influence on the White House. They gave Israel nuclar bombs and weapons. They protect Israel diplomatically and they do many more things.
    But anyway i was really referring to the style of foreign policies done the last few years, namely "Shoot first, talk later...". It isnt just the USA and Israel that do this, but too many other "allies" too. Iran however is kind of willing to talk, but that gets little attention at all, in the 3rd propaganda war.

DISCLAIMER(sad it is needed) :

Please read this below before posting !

Dont take this as if I am anti-jews. I have never talked knowingly to one and have little knowledge about their culture. I try to remain neutral, regarding the PEOPLE and culture of a nation. I will only criticize governments and policies, dont take it personally please, that's never my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    I try to remain neutral
    And you fail completely by the looks of things...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

A large amount of rich American Jews fund the state of Israel. The media is also largely owned by rich American jews.
    Those two sentences made me laugh, the second more so than the first. I don't know why. I understand your intentions are not to offend, but the way you word things...
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Criticize the USA and it happens over here

It has more to do with the USA then you think. A large amount of rich American Jews fund the state of Israel. The media is also largely owned by rich American jews. They also have a very high influence on the White House. They gave Israel nuclar bombs and weapons. They protect Israel diplomatically and they do many more things.
    But anyway i was really referring to the style of foreign policies done the last few years, namely "Shoot first, talk later...". It isnt just the USA and Israel that do this, but too many other "allies" too. Iran however is kind of willing to talk, but that gets little attention at all, in the 3rd propaganda war.

DISCLAIMER(sad it is needed) :

Please read this below before posting !

Dont take this as if I am anti-jews. I have never talked knowingly to one and have little knowledge about their culture. I try to remain neutral, regarding the PEOPLE and culture of a nation. I will only criticize governments and policies, dont take it personally please, that's never my intention.
    I am Jewish, so you know that you have talked to a Jew before

Even as I was reading that, I did not take offense. I nearly did, but it wasn't like you were saying "JEWS CONTROL THE MEDIA". I also know that it actually is true that alot of the people who own these types of businesses, are Jewish (Hollywood, anyone?).

Also, Israel created its own first nuclear weapon, with some help - it originally was a secret (it quite literally was one of those "underground" facilities that you normally only hear about in books and movies), but its starting to get out. DImona. A facility that was hidden under the guise of a desalination plant, and built largely with the help of not America, but France, who supplied parts and nothing else.

EDIT: BTW, not sure about the Iran peace talks....but Israel is stuck when it comes to Syria. Israel wants to engage in the peace talks Syria is initiating (Especially as Syria and Spain are starting talks), however, America is pressuring Israel to not make any diplomatic contact with Syria at all. I would not be suprised if this was not the only situation with this happening.
    Last edited by CdocZ; 02-25-2007 at 11:21 AM.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I've gotten to the point of nearly hating Israel and their diplomatic policy.
    Amen..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And you fail completely by the looks of things...
    Could you explain your opinion please ? I'm curious what makes you think so. The things i posted here are what i take for facts mostly... Everyone is free to correct.

Could you explain your opinion please ? I'm curious what makes you think so. The things i posted here are what i take for facts mostly... Everyone is free to correct.
    The fact that you always blame the US for everything and that everyone the US is against are the nicest and most collaborating people in the world.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The fact that you always blame the US for everything and that everyone the US is against are the nicest and most collaborating people in the world.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, SNAAAAAAP.

Thread Information