Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New threats for Israel

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    Israel didn't have the same built up structure beforehand to try to live off until new industries could be opened up enough. To give even more detail, ALOT of Israel's tourism is focused on the beach's and waterfronts. Which is where the Egyptian navy was.
    So by blocking Lebanon and Syria's ports preventing fishing and moving troops northward means that the Lebanese and Syrians will be supported by you when they retaliate against Israel for preventing economic development, causing food shortages and eliminating tourism?
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    So by blocking Lebanon and Syria's ports preventing fishing and moving troops northward means that the Lebanese and Syrians will be supported by you when they retaliate against Israel for preventing economic development, causing food shortages and eliminating tourism?
    Never said I completely supported the reasoning for the Six Day War.

Reasons for that post:
    1) I can understand their reasoning, and it makes sense to me - even if I disagree, I cannot possibly imagine myself in that kind of situation, making that decision. So, I give them the benefit that at least they didn't go and do it for nothing. They had reasons, which I can understand. No homicidal insanity and illogical sociopathic desire that I can see.
    2) Matra left out some key points in the circumstances surrounding the war. I do not believe it to be fair to say "Israel invaded them first" and be done with it.

Also, back then, Israel was constantly being told or hearing about how ministers of all ranks in the surrounding countries were saying "we want war, death to Israel". Virtually all of them made it open policy that they 1) did not recognize Israel politically (until reforms started happening, some would not even allow maps to have Israel on them), and 2) that they had a goal of annihalating the state of Israel that the rest of the world believed in. It is understandable why Israel would 1) take up the very specified and deliberate military threats of its neighbors when they all are moving their militaries towards Israel, and 2) would be pressured and scared.

Once again, not saying I believe it was the right thing....but I cannot let myself say what was considering what pressures and fears they had to deal with.

Also, just as a small point that is mostly irrelevant - If Israel moves its troops north, that does not mean much. They don't exactly have much land to move them around in.
    From CIA.Gov
    20,770 sq km = Israel's total area - slightly smaller than the state of New Jersey
    185,180 sq km = Syria's total area
    437,072 sq km = Iraq's total area
    1,001,450 sq km = Egypt's total area

From what I read (which can easily be wrong considering I am utterly exhausted) it seems like you consider Israeli military movements north to be aggressive. PLEASE tell me if that is right or wrong. If I was right, then the above applies, if I was wrong, ignore it
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Cdoc, I liked your posts.

They sound the same as the current machinations of the British and US governments. "intellignece" .. "aggression" ... etc etc.

I only suggested you should view the actions from teh other side.
    I didn't bring up every detail as it was unecessary
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Cdoc, I liked your posts.

They sound the same as the current machinations of the British and US governments. "intellignece" .. "aggression" ... etc etc.

I only suggested you should view the actions from teh other side.
    I didn't bring up every detail as it was unecessary
    I did do my best to view it from both sides. However, I have never seen much info from Egypt from this time period, heh. So, I just went with what I had. Show me something and I will gladly look at it and take it into account.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Thread Information