Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan vs. Carlos Mencia

Joe Rogan vs. Carlos Mencia

Don't know if any of you heard about the recent spats between Joe Rogan and Carlos Mencia a.k.a. Ned Holness.

The essentials are that Joe is pissed off with Carlos for ripping off other comedians' material, while Carlos of course denies this high-and-low.

I had a look at the videos and radio snippets and so far the only conclusion I could draw is that Carlos is a fake and, generally, an a..-hole.

The thing is Carlos called out Joe, Joe stepped up and revealed some interesting things about Carlos - on-stage - and basically made Carlos seem like a boob. After that, the club where this happened banned Joe and allowed Carlos to continue performing there (with other people's material)...
    Pretty crappy I think.

But enough about my subjective viewpoints. Go here for the complete details.

I saw that video online somewhere, I for one love it. I can't stand Carlos Mencia - even if he wasn't stealing other comedians' material, the guy just sucks. His show is terrible, he's not funny, and he always seems so fake when he's telling a joke, they always come out forced. The video presents a pretty solid case against him. I hope it's true, because maybe the people that actually think he's a good comedian will see the light and he'll just quietly disappear from the public eye...
    Signature? We don't need no steenking signature

Quote Originally Posted by Sackalack GT View Post
    he'll just quietly disappear from the public eye...
    As much as I want it to, that day will never come. He's not going to do anything quietly, and he seems like the sort of person who craves attention.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    But enough about my subjective viewpoints. Go here for the complete details.
    Right because Joe Roagan's official website is going to be completely un-biased.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Right because Joe Roagan's official website is going to be completely un-biased.
    Actually, the links provided on his site contain some objective stuff as well.

Feel free to post information from other sources as well. I have a feeling there's not much out there that would give Carlos a leg to stand on anyway...

Yeah I don't like Carlos Mencia one bit. I tried watching him perform on Comedy Central once and I noticed immediately that all of his content was exactly like Dave Chappelle's

Carlos Mencia tries too hard. He tries to offend you and all he does is run around and claim hes funny and offensive. Its too much. I too wish he would disappear out of the public eye but the truth is that even if Joe Rogan is right, Mencia is more popular right now and will continue to be so Rogan is out of his element and will most likely be unable to bring him down because the general public will side with Mencia because for some unknown reason people think hes funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Carlos Mencia tries too hard. He tries to offend you and all he does is run around and claim hes funny and offensive. Its too much. I too wish he would disappear out of the public eye but the truth is that even if Joe Rogan is right, Mencia is more popular right now and will continue to be so Rogan is out of his element and will most likely be unable to bring him down because the general public will side with Mencia because for some unknown reason people think hes funny.
    The reason is known. People are morons.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Feel free to post information from other sources as well. I have a feeling there's not much out there that would give Carlos a leg to stand on anyway...
    I'm not backing either one of them, but saying enough of the subjective views and then giving a link to one of the involved parties might not give the best point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    I'm not backing either one of them, but saying enough of the subjective views and then giving a link to one of the involved parties might not give the best point of view.
    That's just it though. Joe Rogan is the only one so far with the guts to bring this to light, so that's pretty much the only place where you'd actually be able to get the videos and radio-links.

In the one video, you can count about 6 other comedians also accusing Mencia of stealing, so it's not just Rogan that's doing the accusing even though his site's pretty much the only one where you can get access to the info.

I know it's not perfect and for the most part it is still pretty much subjective, but if you watch the videos and listen to the audio you can pretty much decide for yourself. After all, it contains Mencia baking up some pretty weak excuses (mostly to the tune of "that's not true" or "that's bulls..." or "you're a whiny b....". Both sides state their cases, only thing is Rogan added in some snippets in the one video supporting his claims.

I get your point though.
    Last edited by Kooper; 02-24-2007 at 07:03 PM.

i'm all for Russell Peters, dunno if u kno who he is. funny indian comedian
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    Just did a search for him on YouTube, got the one on why parents should beat their kids.

Freaking funny!

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    Funny CANADIAN comedian who's parents are Indian.

This is how I look at this JR/CM situation. Really JR pisses me off. HE is overbearing and a pain in the neck, but he is right. I wouldn't have a problem with CM if he went up there and said these jokes aren't mine but I am gonna tell them. If people still like him, fine. Why do think I believe JR? How many people would accuse someone of cheating that they didn't kow was cheating. Really now - it seems far more likely that CM is cheating and denying it than JR is making this all up for PR or some other weird reason to me at least. Hell, mabe I am wrong. Nothing is as it seeeeeems!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Really now - it seems far more likely that CM is cheating and denying it than JR is making this all up for PR
    you never know, people do weird stuff...CM's career is hot and JR's is down the shitter, think about it.

I know you never know but sometimes you know that... Ok my porsche, I get it. I am a believer in that thinking to - anything may be possible, and all that. But if someone put a gun to my head and told me to chose a side I would side with Rogan.

Thread Information