Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 24 Hours of Le Mans (24 Heures du Mans) Entry List

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    6 DBR9s! One better win it's class!

This will probably be their year, but I'm pulling for the Oreca S7Rs. After their Saleens got updated last year they have been very competitive. Every one will be making alot of hype over Corvette Vs. DBR9, and I think it would be so damn cool to see one of the Saleens take their class.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    This will probably be their year, but I'm pulling for the Oreca S7Rs. After their Saleens got updated last year they have been very competitive. Every one will be making alot of hype over Corvette Vs. DBR9, and I think it would be so damn cool to see one of the Saleens take their class.
    i think the GT1 class is alot more interesting than the proper LM1 cars.... they have been in past years any ways maybe this year with 5 disels it might shake things up a bit

i im with The_Canuck but, i hope the aston Martins win, they such a good racer and well sound oh so cool...... yeah but i just wish we could watch it here in aus without having to get cable or pay tv.........der people watch this sorta stuff at midnight when there is nuffin better to do lol

come on TV in Australia!!!!! anyone else with me on this?
    Last edited by KFA-R; 05-24-2007 at 04:03 AM. Reason: typo
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Quote Originally Posted by KFA-R View Post
    i think the GT1 class is alot more interesting than the proper LM1 cars.... they have been in past years any ways maybe this year with 5 disels it might shake things up a bit

i im with The_Canuck but, i hope the aston Martins win, they such a good racer and well sound oh so cool...... yeah but i just wish we could watch it here in aus without having to get cable or pay tv.........der people watch this sorta stuff at midnight when there is nuffin better to do lol

come on TV in Australia!!!!! anyone else with me on this?
    Can you please using proper English and punctuations; this post is very hard to read.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Can you please using proper English and punctuations; this post is very hard to read.
    Re reading this it might be hard to read if your not a slang talking bogan like i am

May i re type

i think the GT1 class is alot more interesting than the proper LM1 cars.... they have been in past years anyway, maybe this year with 5 disels it might lift the standard of the main class and give some interesting viewing

i im with The_Canuck but, i hope the aston Martins win, they are such a good racer on paper and sound so cool...... but i just wish we could watch it here in Australia without having to get cable or pay tv.........come on!! people watch this sort of stuff at midnight when there is nuthing better to do... i know i would lol

(damn my bogan language has taken over sorry all )
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Speaking of Le Mans, does anyone know where this is a reliable source of laptimes, pole positions times, distance covered, and average speed? I have poked around on tehnet but had no luck so far - other than Wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Speaking of Le Mans, does anyone know where this is a reliable source of laptimes, pole positions times, distance covered, and average speed? I have poked around on tehnet but had no luck so far - other than Wikipedia.
    The official Le Mans 24hr site has an archive of race results and qualifying times and the like - http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...orique_gb.html
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

What would I do without you. I was getting junk off google and never figured to check their actual site. Thanks J_B!

EDIT: Am I blind or are there no fastest lap designations?
    Last edited by Kitdy; 05-25-2007 at 04:05 PM.

Here is the official entry list:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I've got a newbie question for you Le Mans experts: do teams load up on one car and have one desgnated #1 car, keep the cars rougly balanced, or does it depend on the team? Take Audi for example. Does the #1, #2, or #3 car having any advantage over their sister cars in your opinion? What is the strongest car if there is an edge?

Also, does anyone know why Audi runs in North America over Europe? Is that purely a marketing decision?

Also, does anyone know why Audi runs in North America over Europe? Is that purely a marketing decision?
    Because the Europeans are afraid of the R10

Seriously though, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Because the Europeans are afraid of the R10

Seriously though, I'm not sure.
    I'm afraid of the R10. If I was out on the road playing I wouldn't hear it coming till my skull cracked against the road when it ran me over.

It should be banned.

I've got a newbie question for you Le Mans experts: do teams load up on one car and have one desgnated #1 car, keep the cars rougly balanced, or does it depend on the team? Take Audi for example. Does the #1, #2, or #3 car having any advantage over their sister cars in your opinion? What is the strongest car if there is an edge?

The #1 and #2 should be about equal. Audi's drivers are usually the same pace wise. So, I think they pair up the drivers so they have an equal chance at a win.

The #3 is for the "rookies", the new Audi works drivers.

I think Audi is running the R10 in North America because they have committed to the ALMS. Although the LMP1 field is rather pathetic this year...
    In Autosport, it was reported that Audi will do a Le Mans Series round after the 24, so they should have at least one car at the 1000km of the Nurburgring.

Worth noting, is that the R10s at Utah were 2006 chassis, so there must be at least 5 in existence (2 from 2006 ALMS, 2 for 2007 ALMS and Le Mans, and 1 for the "rookies" might be the test car...)

Ok then, why did Audi decide to commit to the ALMS over the LMS then? Maybe Wouter knows...

Ok then, why did Audi decide to commit to the ALMS over the LMS then? Maybe Wouter knows...
    Probably a marketing decision more than anything else.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Just imagine how crazy France would be if Peugeot wins this year

Thread Information