Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Just test drove...

They tie. Every time.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

But... that means they both lose... or... oh well! I love the 1.9TDi. Seriously looking at Seat Ibiza 1.9TDi PD Sport. Insurance is group 7... and for the same engine in a Fabia, it's group 9, the Audi A4 is about group 11/12... so seems I may be making a canny decision!

It's like in hockey. If the game goes to overtime, both teams get a point. They don't necessarily win, but they don't lose either.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    But... that means they both lose... or... oh well! I love the 1.9TDi. Seriously looking at Seat Ibiza 1.9TDi PD Sport. Insurance is group 7... and for the same engine in a Fabia, it's group 9, the Audi A4 is about group 11/12... so seems I may be making a canny decision!
    You know my opinion...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    You know my opinion...
    Luddite

The 1.9TDi VAG engine had "Pump Duse" - which was supposed to be a Commonrail equivalent. Something I find strange though is that the Golf Mk4 could be bought with a 150PS version of the TDi, whereas the new Mk5 2.0TDi is "only" 140PS...

As I've already said to Sam, I'm after a 2006 Vectra SRi with the 1.9CDTi 150PS engine. It's actually more fuel efficient than my 1.4 petrol - and with twice as much punch.

I've looked at the stocklists at my local dealerships and managed to find a few 6,000 mile-old cars for £11,200, but the colour choices SUCK. Walk into a dealership in the UK right now and unless you like grey, you're screwed. I may settle for silver but I'd prefer a pearlescent red or the blue that I have now. My main critisism with new Vauxhall cars is the colour choices (they've removed all the decent colours from the Astra and Vectra ranges as of last year). If they want to shed the boring image, they need to paint their cars with something other than primer.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    The 1.9TDi VAG engine had "Pump Duse" - which was supposed to be a Commonrail equivalent. Something I find strange though is that the Golf Mk4 could be bought with a 150PS version of the TDi, whereas the new Mk5 2.0TDi is "only" 140PS...

As I've already said to Sam, I'm after a 2006 Vectra SRi with the 1.9CDTi 150PS engine. It's actually more fuel efficient than my 1.4 petrol - and with twice as much punch.

I've looked at the stocklists at my local dealerships and managed to find a few 6,000 mile-old cars for £11,200, but the colour choices SUCK. Walk into a dealership in the UK right now and unless you like grey, you're screwed. I may settle for silver but I'd prefer a pearlescent red or the blue that I have now. My main critisism with new Vauxhall cars is the colour choices (they've removed all the decent colours from the Astra and Vectra ranges as of last year). If they want to shed the boring image, they need to paint their cars with something other than primer.
    there is 170 version of the 2.0tdi, the 150 version of the 1.9tdi wasnt that common anyway, not compared to the jumpy 130. The vectra will be good for blending in with all the reps.

As far as pump duse goes, and this has already been discussed on this forum, its an entirely different approach to generating fuel pressure at the injector. Common rail is just that a cmmon rail with a common pump, Vw use individual pumps inside each injector, like old diesels, thats unit injection.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    there is 170 version of the 2.0tdi
    That's recent then. Last time I checked it was just the 140PS version. I say it's 170 + superchip time.

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    The vectra will be good for blending in with all the reps.
    That's why I want a non-rep colour...actually around where I live, the BMW 5-Series is the rep car (half of the houses in the vicinity of mine have BMW's on the driveways - all of them bought for the "image") and next door has a black Vectra SRi as his own car.

In fact, as well as our experiences with New Minis, I've seen plenty of evidence that BMW's don't deserve the reputation (the drivers do though! ). The BMW assistance van was at one time a more frequent sight than our postman. Actually, maybe the postman isn't a good example to use...!
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Haha, testament that the 3 series outsells the mondeo, Around here the fleet cars are the mondeos, lagunas, vectras, avensis, etc..you see young oil engineers in them and you get the distinct feeling they never bought them.
    autozine.org

Clive, try WhiteRose Vauxhall, Liss, Petersfield, Hampshire's website, I think they've got some decent examples in there, if you find one you like see if you can get them to bring it up to you.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information