Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GT 40 returns with anniversary Falcon

Just reminder what the thread is about .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Why can't we have such Fords in Europe...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Why can't we have such Fords in Europe...
    the word 'undeserving' springs to mind..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    the word 'undeserving' springs to mind..
    We gave you the Focus and the Mondeo, which aren't bad at all...
    Visca Catalunya!

Someone snapped some pics of an FPV GT-P registered to Ford of Europe around the Nuerburgring, take of that what you will..

Come 2010 though there'll be no reason for the Falcon not to reach LHD mainland Europe.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    We gave you the Focus and the Mondeo, which aren't bad at all...
    Well the mondeo was horrible here

Focus I grant you is a fine runabout and when our enginerrs dropped the 5 cylender turbo volvo motor in it

Also FP-V Wouldent suprise me if prodrive does some testing there....dick johnson was aiming at the euros too he could have something to do with it?(some might remember his modifed XR8s)
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    Focus I grant you is a fine runabout and when our enginerrs dropped the 5 cylender turbo volvo motor in it
    All our engineers wouldve done is soften the suspension to cope with our rougher roads. The XR5 is only a rebadged ST.

Also FP-V Wouldent suprise me if prodrive does some testing there....dick johnson was aiming at the euros too he could have something to do with it?(some might remember his modifed XR8s)

Well it has Euro registration which includes the mandated rear fog light, apparently registered to Ford Europe so nothing private or with Prodrive. Could be some harmless evaluation, could be an Orion mule but who knows.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    All our engineers wouldve done is soften the suspension to cope with our rougher roads. The XR5 is only a rebadged ST.

Well it has Euro registration which includes the mandated rear fog light, apparently registered to Ford Europe so nothing private or with Prodrive. Could be some harmless evaluation, could be an Orion mule but who knows.
    I thought our model was unique? the yanks have a very lame (imo) svt version and as far as i knew the poms and the rest of the world didnt. Nothing stopping me from being wrong

If its a mule its likely to be crushed by now
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Someone snapped some pics of an FPV GT-P registered to Ford of Europe around the Nuerburgring, take of that what you will..

Come 2010 though there'll be no reason for the Falcon not to reach LHD mainland Europe.
    Great!
    Well the mondeo was horrible here
    Why here is regarded as a very competent family saloon. And the ST220 is probably one of the best and most underrated Q-cars on sale today. And the new one seems to be great too.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yeah they have an SVT Focus, but its the equivalent of the old Mk1 ST170. Basically the same engine, but the body looks alot more stock and therefore worse IMO. Theyre still basically building the Mk1 there, despite its recent heavy facelift, and the rest of the world are on the Mk2 Focus. But our XR5 is still an ST Focus in everything but name. We wouldve gotten it as an ST, but someone in Fords marketing department woke up at work and decided the XR name has a following here. The only smart thing that departments done the past decade...

The mule was apparently a BF2 though, so maybe its still getting around.
    I am the Stig

Well their useing a dated non vvti iron blocked v8 in the xr8 which is matched by its (apprently) lesser sohc in the XT 0-60 and have made virtually no effort to increase the power of it or the turbo motor (5kw is nothing thats the same bullshit tactics holden used to employ) and lets not mention the biggest change on their premium model since 03 when it was intorduced is the dampers we are talking about on this page....yeah utter motoring brilliance build the best car in 03 and pussy foot around when the competion comes back stronger.

The XR5 is something I hear ood stories about the only gripe I imagine is like alot of previous turbo 4s in fords line up being that they are pricey (tx3 for example able vehicle but was within 3k of a v8 falcon) but being the beast that it is (so many imported parts) the price is unlikly to be anything but exy...if I find one in the wholesale yard though....

We can hope prodrive seem to have an aversion to getting more hp out of their motors so at least we can hope they will continue to refine the suspesion and the rest of the driveline which seems to be their main focus.

Well their useing a dated non vvti iron blocked v8 in the xr8 which is matched by its (apprently) lesser sohc in the XT 0-60 and have made virtually no effort to increase the power of it or the turbo motor (5kw is nothing thats the same bullshit tactics holden used to employ) and lets not mention the biggest change on their premium model since 03 when it was intorduced is the dampers we are talking about on this page....yeah utter motoring brilliance build the best car in 03 and pussy foot around when the competion comes back stronger.
    Ive heard a few stories for why they sat on their arse. FPV have claimed that because Ford did nothing to the XR8, they did nothing to the GT but i guess seeing as FPV assemble both of the motors that was a side note. Theres also a matter of limited budget restricting development, and FPV being involved in Orion development fairly early. Cars such as the Force 6 and 8 are an embarrasment in BF guise, but for Orion the names will be established in the range. The Boss/Hurricane engine wont be ready for 2008 as its debuting in the 2009 F150 but we should hopefully get it when its time to update.

The XR5 is something I hear ood stories about the only gripe I imagine is like alot of previous turbo 4s in fords line up being that they are pricey (tx3 for example able vehicle but was within 3k of a v8 falcon) but being the beast that it is (so many imported parts) the price is unlikly to be anything but exy...if I find one in the wholesale yard though....
    At $36K i cant say ive heard too many people complaining, not like the ST170 at least which was $37K and only available in blue.

We can hope prodrive seem to have an aversion to getting more hp out of their motors so at least we can hope they will continue to refine the suspesion and the rest of the driveline which seems to be their main focus.
    Theyve apparently gotten 310kw for the 2008 GT, but that wont be enough for long. People in the aftermarket industry though have gotten plenty more than that simply through cams and some extra revs. It should be no trouble at all for Prodrive to fit some stronger rods or something and let it do 6500rpm with the cams to keep it breathing.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by syko View Post
    Just reminder what the thread is about .
    Don't forget this is the Australian section where nothing stays 100% on topic for very long.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Ive heard a few stories for why they sat on their arse. FPV have claimed that because Ford did nothing to the XR8, they did nothing to the GT but i guess seeing as FPV assemble both of the motors that was a side note. Theres also a matter of limited budget restricting development, and FPV being involved in Orion development fairly early. Cars such as the Force 6 and 8 are an embarrasment in BF guise, but for Orion the names will be established in the range. The Boss/Hurricane engine wont be ready for 2008 as its debuting in the 2009 F150 but we should hopefully get it when its time to update.

At $36K i cant say ive heard too many people complaining, not like the ST170 at least which was $37K and only available in blue.

Theyve apparently gotten 310kw for the 2008 GT, but that wont be enough for long. People in the aftermarket industry though have gotten plenty more than that simply through cams and some extra revs. It should be no trouble at all for Prodrive to fit some stronger rods or something and let it do 6500rpm with the cams to keep it breathing.
    Even still its a sad state of affairs even little things like a revised exhaust, computer tweak etc could of been some improvement rather then reporting to the people we havent done a damn thing.

course you havent heard many complaining many didnt buy them in the first place another 2k and you have a wrx and a few other various handy items in that bracket.

Quoteing power figures this early is a dangerous game given how light a tune holden really has on the genIV (still plenty of kws to be liberated from minor mods) and im guessing no torque figure? shame really its kws that sells cars not something thats more useful (and what hps based off anyways)

I'd be surprised if its less than 540nm. The current motor is 520, but many people would be satisfied with that number, just peaking lower. Most people by 2008 will probably me more interested in the F6 anyway
    I am the Stig

Thread Information