Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Koenigsegg CCGT

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Leon, I wasn't think that the Koenigsegg could go faster than the SSC but I was just trying to illustrate that there is more to it than sheer power. What Bleeding Heart said was:

Possibly inferring that it was strictly a power thing. The CCX hit 402 km/h and the SSC 412 km/h. The CCXR has over 200 hp more than the CCX.

Would it top the 412 by the SSC?
    I agreed with you, probably I didn't express myself properly. And still agree.

Didn't know the CCX hit 402 km/h. so with the additional power it's possible to top the SSC, but probably without the wing as I suppose the car was when running at 402 km/h. While IIRC the SSC doesn't have any kind of wing, standard or additional, but at the same time I don't know if it needs the wing to be sufficiently controllable as the CCX isn't without the wing.

So, considering the Veyron in the v-max mode isn't usable but just on a straight line, considering the Koenigsegg reaches its top speed (presumingly) without a very-suggested-to-be-bought-wing, I prefer a car like the SSC which can reach its top speed without being tuned/tricked for the occasion. as the old F1 was, or the XJ220 or the EB110 and so on.
    I'm aware some of those, and even moern ones, have active aerodynamic, but the changes made by the computer aren't as relevant (relatively) as stopping the car, using an additional key, removing completely the huge rear wing and lowering it to 45mm.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Koenigsegg CCGT #02
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

Is this car being raced? Will this car ever be raced?

Everything seems to be very quiet.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    A friend have tested the car, because they wanted to race it. It had two breakdowns within one hour of testing.... Project was cancelled and they will go on racing BMWs instead.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Is this car being raced? Will this car ever be raced?

Everything seems to be very quiet.
    Mr Von Koenigsegg told my father that they are still testing the car but have realised that they are too late to enter it in the current GT1 class. The new FIA GT regulations have tight homologation regulations with regards to production figures. Apparently aimed to keep racers for the road like the Koenigsegg and Pagani out. So it is doubtful whether the car will ever race competitively.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Mr Von Koenigsegg told my father that they are still testing the car but have realised that they are too late to enter it in the current GT1 class. The new FIA GT regulations have tight homologation regulations with regards to production figures. Apparently aimed to keep racers for the road like the Koenigsegg and Pagani out. So it is doubtful whether the car will ever race competitively.
    I knew a certain MC12 too.

yeah Koenigsegg told me the same thing at Geneva couple of days ago... he also drops idea of starting at Le Mans, due to domination of diesel. besides, why would he want to race against peugeots and audis?
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    yeah Koenigsegg told me the same thing at Geneva couple of days ago... he also drops idea of starting at Le Mans, due to domination of diesel. besides, why would he want to race against peugeots and audis?
    maybe he planned to enter in GT1 or 2, but due to the attention diesel cars are receiving, even a class win would be quite ignored, or at least if compared to the effort required.

Sorry for the revive, but its for a good cause.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Thread Information