Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Koenigsegg CCGT

Koenigsegg CCGT

Press Release:

Competition Coupe GT
    DOWN TUNED TO 600+ HP in order to comply with race regulations.

Koenigsegg has created a new race car - the CCGT, based on the production CC-model range. The CCGT complies with the ACO and FIA GT1 regulations.

The CCGT engine is based on the Koenigsegg CCX production engine with the superchargers removed but enlarged to 5.0 litre.

The reliability of the race engine is expected be exceptional as it is based on the proven strength and durability of the signifi cantly more powerful road car engine.

The minimum weight allowed for a GTI race car is 1,100 kg and most manufacturers struggle to meet this target, having to undergo massive weight saving programs.

Due to the fact the Koenigsegg CC cars are very light and stiff in road confi guration, the racing CCGT weighs in at just under an astounding 1,000 kg. This gives the possibility to place 100 kg of ballast freely within the car structure, still following the set rules. This should give Koenigsegg an interesting advantage over the competition.

The CCGT has very short overhangs, which could be seen as an issue when it comes to generating enough downforce. However, by further developing the clever and "slippery" design concept of the CC range, Koenigsegg believes they have created a unique package incorporating a surprising amount of down-force combined with a very compact package and optimal weight distribution. Since the CCGT has a short overall length and low overall height, whilst still maintaining adequate track width and length, it is thereby gifted with superior agility compared to most of the competition, which should be evident in future heated racing combats.

The Koenigsegg CCGT development team, headed by Dag Bölenius, has done a superb job by refining the CC into the CCGT.

The race engine is being developed in-house in parallel with the production units by Koenigsegg engineers, supported by Anders Hoglund from Cargine engineering and JP Motorsport.

Flower Power
    When thinking about supercars, one of the last things that spring to mind are their environmental friendliness.

Even though the very low and exclusive production volume of Koenigsegg can hardly be considered to have a measurable impact on the Co2 problem that global society is facing, it is an impressive statement that even a small and extreme company like Koenigsegg can afford to develop environmentally focussed solutions.

By following conscientious and forward thinking strategies, Koenigsegg has managed to create the Bio Fuel Powered CCXR - environmentally friendly 1200 with even more spectacular performance than the standard CCX.

These two almost confl icting results are made possible due to the simple fact that the ethanol in biofuel has the positive side effect of cooling the combustion chambers, as well as a higher octane value, well over 100 RON, which gives the high power. Due to the fact that the biofuel has higher octane and cooling characteristics, the power has gone up to 1018 hp at 7200 rpm and the torque to 1060 nm at 6100 rpm.

It is natural to expect a substantial gain in power when optimizing the engine for E85(biofuel) instead of Petrol. Still the actual gain obtained even surprised the enthusiastic engineers at Koenigsegg.

Following the long term strategy of Koenigsegg, all previous CCXs will have the possibility to be converted by the factory to accept the biofuel option and reap the performance and environmental benefi ts of this wonderful and eco friendly fuel.

The CCXR Biofuel upgrade has been developed in-house on the factory's engine dyno by the skilled technicians at Koenigsegg, led by Christian Koenigsegg, Marco Garver and Anders Hoglund from the Koenigsegg partner company Cargine Engineering.

Curiously enough the CCXR is the first homologated car currently in production to reach over 1000 BHP.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Looks like something from a Burnout game!

(That is a good thing.)

ironic it comes out at the same time of the Pagani Zonda R

wonder which is better on the track

Stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    ironic it comes out at the same time of the Pagani Zonda R
    How is it ironic?

Always loved the Koenigseggs, now I'm a loyal fan for life. 1000+hp, 1000+nm, and 1000kg all on a car that could already go 250mph. I love these small supercar manufacturers, Saleen is another favorite but I don't see them coming out with anything special pretty much ever again and they for some reason don't want to validate the S7?! Koenigsegg! Koenigsegg! Koenigsegg!
    If you are content to follow the trends of society, you will forever be a slave to it.
    If you forge your own path and start your own trends, society will follow you.

I think I am going to cry. This is amazing, I mean really in the last two days we've now had the Zonda R, the Gumpert Apollo R and now this. This is amazing though, I mean I love Koenigsegg and I am quite sure they can do no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    How is it ironic?
    2 supercars release a gt version at the same time. ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by DieFrage View Post
    Always loved the Koenigseggs, now I'm a loyal fan for life. 1000+hp, 1000+nm, and 1000kg all on a car that could already go 250mph. I love these small supercar manufacturers, Saleen is another favorite but I don't see them coming out with anything special pretty much ever again and they for some reason don't want to validate the S7?! Koenigsegg! Koenigsegg! Koenigsegg!
    Umm, RTFA??? In the very second line it states that the car is detuned to just over 600bhp, and there is no mention of torque figures. The car has a minimum legal weight of 1100kg. You seem to have plucked those figures out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    2 supercars release a gt version at the same time. ironic.
    Coincidental? Yes. Ironic? No.

In fact, scratch that. The Zonda R isn't even a GT car, just an uber-exclusive trackday weapon, so the two aren't even related at all.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

ccxr just released.1000hp
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

Sorry if I cannot express myself correctly, but I don't know English as good as I want, so my answers will probably be the same in many cases.

So this is race legal then, how about the Ethanol version, could that go in to Le Mans?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Oh my lord. I am just about to leave for a Milwaukee auto show and I doubt anything their will be a sweet as this. Does anyone know if this car has been built yet? or is it a just a really good chop. Im at home on an old monitor and cant tell.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Interesting that the ACO let this one but the MC12 isn't allowed...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Koenigsegg CCGT

Koenigsegg Competition Coupe GT

Competition Coupe GT
    DOWN TUNED TO 600+ HP in order to comply with race regulations.

Koenigsegg has created a new race car - the CCGT, based on the production CC-model range. The CCGT complies with the ACO and FIA GT1 regulations.

The CCGT engine is based on the Koenigsegg CCX production engine with the superchargers removed but enlarged to 5.0 litre.

The reliability of the race engine is expected be exceptional as it is based on the proven strength and durability of the signifi cantly more powerful road car engine.

The minimum weight allowed for a GTI race car is 1,100 kg and most manufacturers struggle to meet this target, having to undergo massive weight saving programs.

Due to the fact the Koenigsegg CC cars are very light and stiff in road confi guration, the racing CCGT weighs in at just under an astounding 1,000 kg. This gives the possibility to place 100 kg of ballast freely within the car structure, still following the set rules. This should give Koenigsegg an interesting advantage over the competition.

The CCGT has very short overhangs, which could be seen as an issue when it comes to generating enough downforce. However, by further developing the clever and "slippery" design concept of the CC range, Koenigsegg believes they have created a unique package incorporating a surprising amount of down-force combined with a very compact package and optimal weight distribution. Since the CCGT has a short overall length and low overall height, whilst still maintaining adequate track width and length, it is thereby gifted with superior agility compared to most of the competition, which should be evident in future heated racing combats.

The Koenigsegg CCGT development team, headed by Dag Bölenius, has done a superb job by refining the CC into the CCGT.

The race engine is being developed in-house in parallel with the production units by Koenigsegg engineers, supported by Anders Hoglund from Cargine engineering and JP Motorsport.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Thread Information