Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Koenigsegg CCGT

No, it's a race car. They fold back you jam a fuel filler nozzle in them then spring back when it's taken out.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    No, it's a race car. They fold back you jam a fuel filler nozzle in them then spring back when it's taken out.
    Exactly like it is on new Renaults.. Works very well.
    Newer forget fuel-filler cap on the roof again ftw!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    You can't tell how much downforce is generated simply by looking at it.

If the basic shape of the Koenigsegg is low drag/low lift, then it does not the raft of additional spoilers that some cars have.

It was the Mercedes CLR that "flipped" by the way, and it wasn't the only one.

The Porsche 911 GT1 also flipped, and a number of other cars came very close.

People always point to the CLR, because it was the most publicised, but in reality it was a generic flaw in the aerodynamic concept being applied at the time.
    no I know you can't, but you have to agree it doesn't have as much spoilers and other tools to create enough downforce as other cars do, and I'm assuming they don't have them just for the fun of having spoilers and such . so I was just thinking that it won't have enough downforce needed for stability and acceleration, the standard ccx also had trouble in that area. And on the point on the CLR, I'm sorry you were right, it was the CLR, was confused with it's predecessor, wich was the CLK-GTR, apologies, in my post, it was just to make a point I know it wasn't the only but as you said it is the one most people know about.
    Last edited by sjoerd9718; 03-05-2007 at 10:18 AM.

I see your point that it doesn't have the abundance of wings, louvres, splitters etc that some racers have, but you have to remember that this is intended for competition in the GT1 class. It will not be competing with the LMP type cars with the huge downforce they create.

I'm not an expert on the exact regs for GT1 but if you look at the other regular class competitors (Aston DBR9, Corvette C6R etc) then you'll see that the aero package basically consists of a big front splitter, a big rear wing, and a big rear diffuser, along with plenty of louvres for cooling and reducing high pressure in the wheel arches etc. This Koenigsegg definitely looks like it'll have a big splitter and hefty rear wing. The problem may be with the diffuser and underbody; as RacingManiac points out there isn't much of a rear overhang for a diffuser to be fixed. However, it should have a very wide, flat underbody which will no doubt be of benefit aero-wise. Also, I wouldn't expect what we see in these pics to be the final racecar. It looks to me like a standard road car with a wing bolted on and a few louvres over the wheelarches. I'd expect to see plenty of revisions from windtunnel and track testing and the like before we ever see it racing.

the standard ccx also had trouble in that area
    Are you basing that assumption on that Top Gear episode where the Stig crashed? I wouldn't read too much into that. The Koenigsegg in standard trim (ie without the wing) is clearly designed for low drag, top-speed performance. The original 240mph claim was the headline grabbing selling point of the car so the press cars were generally set up for that kind of performance. A huge rear wing like that in the pics should be plenty to keep it more than stable.

And yes it was definitely the Merc CLR that flipped at Le Mans (3 times in fact), not the CLK-GTR.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

well, he did crash, and I don't think they'll have done that just for the fun of it, but you're right they're mostly just c**king about.

Quote Originally Posted by sjoerd9718 View Post
    it doesn't have as much spoilers and other tools to create enough downforce as other cars do
    Yes, but:

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    If the basic shape of the Koenigsegg is low drag/low lift, then it does not need the raft of additional spoilers that some cars have.
    Don't forget that the number of wings and things depends on the circuit, so it isn't much good comparing one car in maximum downforce setup to this generic deployment.

Furthermore, it may be that this was just a mock up for promotional purposes, and the finalised aerodynamic package is still in development.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Umm, RTFA??? In the very second line it states that the car is detuned to just over 600bhp, and there is no mention of torque figures. The car has a minimum legal weight of 1100kg. You seem to have plucked those figures out of thin air.
    I meant that the production car is capable of 1000hp, 1000nm and weighing only 1000kg what with the ethanol compatabilities and all. It mentions 1060nm on the 29th line, third from the right.
    If you are content to follow the trends of society, you will forever be a slave to it.
    If you forge your own path and start your own trends, society will follow you.

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost View Post
    Exactly like it is on new Renaults.. Works very well.
    Newer forget fuel-filler cap on the roof again ftw!!
    Renault have that on their production cars? That's pretty cool
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Are there any more photos? of the inside and outside?

Is this car going to drive at Le Mans?

Quote Originally Posted by EL Nino View Post
    Is this car going to drive at Le Mans?
    It complies with ACO regulations, so probably yes.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Anyone know how much HP this thing would make without the air restrictor?

Anyone know the mass of the engine?

Thanks.

Are there any videos or more photos of this race car?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Anyone know how much HP this thing would make without the air restrictor?
    I'm betting on a lot...

Now seriously, I doubt the number will ever be available.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I'm betting on a lot...

Now seriously, I doubt the number will ever be available.
    That makes me very sad.

Thread Information