Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work Experience

Work Experience

Well, I'm off to the local Subaru garage to have a weeks work placement.

For those that dont know, Work Experience is basically working for a week in a selected place, doing various tasks.

I'm absolutely crapping myself, but I'm sure it will be fun.

So where did you go and what did you do on work experience?

It isn't anything official, but i go and work voluntarily at my uncle's company in the weekends. This way i get some more hands-on experience. After my current education i want to work for some big company for a few years,to get work experience before starting on my own.

Try to stay alert for the "new-guy" jokes and have fun !

I worked in a local electrical retail store, where I vacuumed floors, sold hoovers and repossessed tv's!

Many useful skills I use to this day
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

I worked at Gerald Dale Motorsport, who prep Minis for racing in the Mini Miglia with £35k carbon-fibre Minis. They also race E-types and other cars, and they prep other peoples car. Did alot of work with a rolling road and other things to do with race cars. Was a right laugh

I guess I'm an experienced Delivery Man.

Is the work experience thing required or something?

After I dropped out of college I started working at an autobody shop and a restoration shop to get some experience before I start going to auto body school in april.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    Is the work experience thing required or something?

After I dropped out of college I started working at an autobody shop and a restoration shop to get some experience before I start going to auto body school in april.
    As I understand it for the different countries yes. In my third year I will have to do this for 6 moths too. However I am thinking of doing a special thing, namely work 4 days + 1 day school and evening lessons for the last two years.

It isnt really required but they like you to do it. It is also a good thing to put on your CV.

Basically what happens is youget a week off school, to go out to work for a week, and not get paid for it. Well at least it will be something I am interested in and i wont get bored.

Will probably be posting a day by day account , maybe in another thread tomorrow.

Hours are a but rubbish, 8am until 5:30pm. Al well just have to get used to it!

We have a week (or two, I don't remember) of what one might call work experience in school when kids are 15 years old. It's not mandatory, but the other option is to go to school for that week or two so most of them find a place to "work".

I was in a local phone company and practically all I did was being there when the company men installed phone cables etc. Boring as hell.

i have a summer internship with New York City's Housing Authority. its a nice lil job that pays well!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

I'm a professional couchpotato...

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser View Post
    It isnt really required but they like you to do it. It is also a good thing to put on your CV.

Basically what happens is youget a week off school, to go out to work for a week, and not get paid for it. Well at least it will be something I am interested in and i wont get bored.

Will probably be posting a day by day account , maybe in another thread tomorrow.

Hours are a but rubbish, 8am until 5:30pm. Al well just have to get used to it!
    Try 6:30am-8pm.

I've interned for the New York Power Authority, General Motors in the engineering department, my towns administration supervisor, and a funeral home. All of this was in high school as part of an AP program. This summer I will hopefully have a position lined up at a local car dealership. Hopefully...

And like rock I'm also an experienced delivery man.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Adam, work experience was one of the most fun weeks I ever had. I went to a school, the one where mum worked at the time, to be a Music teacher/secretary for a week. Brilliant. Never had so much fun!

Aside from that, jobs include paper boy, rent boy, checkout boy, and recently I upgraded to lose the 'boy' from the title and be a waiter.

I did my work experience in the aviation industry - at a company that was contracted to build custom aircraft for the military. I had myself a good time
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thread Information