Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fiat is new main-sponsor for Yamaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Imakuni View Post
    My personal opinion is that he should join Nitro Nori in World Superbikes, just to prove to all the speculation wrong. I'd like to see him ride a less advanced machine as this would really test his skills.
    Eh?! Why on earth would he leave the world's premiere bike series to further his career by joining a less competitive series? That's just a silly suggestion. It would be like Fernando Alonso saying, "Well, I've won everything in F1 now. I think I'll go try my hand at GP2."
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Imakuni View Post
    3. Rossi likes to suprise, so I think he wouldn't go for the predicted move to Fiat/Ferrari, instead, he'd scoot off to Citroen. He's friends with Loeb and Loeb is 'keen to have him (Rossi) join the team'. Obviously Rossi enjoyed the fact that the WRC king, Loeb, was saying this, and apparently showed interest in Loebs suggestions.
    Rossi might like to surprise but I'm sure Citroen won't want to have an unexperienced driver who has showed no promise in their works team.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Eh?! Why on earth would he leave the world's premiere bike series to further his career by joining a less competitive series? That's just a silly suggestion. It would be like Fernando Alonso saying, "Well, I've won everything in F1 now. I think I'll go try my hand at GP2."
    If Alonso had won every race series he had ever competed in as he climbed the career ladder and then DOMINATED F1 as Rossi has then he might well consider it.
    Valentino is the greatest talent ever on a bike, it must get very boring that there is little challenge left for him. Even moving from THE best bikes to a losing team didnt' stop his progress for long
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-07-2007 at 04:42 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I think they need to make an R1-engined Panda now.

Thread Information