Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my iPod nano dies. Again

my iPod nano dies. Again

Ok, My 2nd iPod nano(new one sent to replace busted one) has died.

This is the longest period of time I've ever had an iPod, my 1st one died 3 days after I bought it, this one died almost a year after I got it.

I hope the next one (I'm still covered) will last for 2 years.

edit-It suddenly came back to life!

PRAISE GOOGLE and/or God (if he does exist, probably laughing at me).
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

How is this multimedia?
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Whoops! I thought I clicked on misc. but that was too late.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Eh, a shame that someone's iPod does that. Maybe it's because you're a Windows user

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    Eh, a shame that someone's iPod does that. Maybe it's because you're a Windows user
    What annoys me is when people compain that their iPod's broken after they've treated it like just any other item that goes in their pocket (girls that stuff the iPod into their handbags where there are keys etc. for example) and the people that have dropped it many times...it's not, as I've said before, a basketball.

Then there are the ones that just generally don't take care of them. I've had my iPod Photo since around April 2005, treated it well and it's never put a foot wrong. I've seen others with iPods that after a week are scratched as if they've been sandpapered. In fact, iPods seem to be able to withstand quite a lot.

Also there are the ones that do something stupid with the software (I.E. ejecting the iPod when it's transferring data) then complain that it's "died". In reality all they need to do is a factory reset.

What was the cause of this problem KOTR?
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Ah, but Clive, as it's an Apple product it surely has to be inferior...

You're totally right. We've had a 40Gb 3rd gen iPod since about 2002, and it's still working a treat. No battery life problems, hard drive problems, etc. Come to think of it, my iPods that I battered around between Years 10 and 12 at school worked really well- including my Shuffle getting run over by a truck!

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    What annoys me is when people compain that their iPod's broken after they've treated it like just any other item that goes in their pocket (girls that stuff the iPod into their handbags where there are keys etc. for example) and the people that have dropped it many times...it's not, as I've said before, a basketball.

Then there are the ones that just generally don't take care of them. I've had my iPod Photo since around April 2005, treated it well and it's never put a foot wrong. I've seen others with iPods that after a week are scratched as if they've been sandpapered. In fact, iPods seem to be able to withstand quite a lot.

Also there are the ones that do something stupid with the software (I.E. ejecting the iPod when it's transferring data) then complain that it's "died". In reality all they need to do is a factory reset.

What was the cause of this problem KOTR?
    I didn't drop it or anything in the past week (it's only been dropped ONCE in the HARD CASE) and it just froze while playing Afraid by David Bowie. (no, the iPod doesn't hate British people.)

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    I didn't drop it or anything in the past week (it's only been dropped ONCE in the HARD CASE) and it just froze while playing Afraid by David Bowie. (no, the iPod doesn't hate British people.)
    Hmm perhaps you have overloaded it with crap music...

yeah... but I thought adding the greatest song ever would make me invincible

(Accepterais-tu by Jacques Villenuve.)

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    All I can say is, welcome to the world of electronics. Preprogrammed death for your further spending pleasure.

And people wonder why I rail against this stuff. All it takes to understand is a look around to see how cheaply the vast majority of this stuff is made and how often it breaks.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Ah, but Clive, as it's an Apple product it surely has to be inferior
    *QFT.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Hmm perhaps you have overloaded it with crap music...
    You're laughing but it could have been the track for all we know from the information so far presented to us. A bad file will cause any digital music player to freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    *QFT.
    ...what?

I agree... 'what?' indeed. Speak English, Rocke!

I agree... 'what?' indeed. Speak English, Rocke!
    Rocke's always complaining about iPod fanboys where he's from, his typical quote being something like "ZOMG!!1 u have an ipod!!!1"...

...I don't know if it's a U.S. thing but I've never seen people go crazy over iPods here - everyone's already got them.

BTW, I bought that Kensington FM transmitter for my iPod / car and it works really well. Definitely CD-quality sound. The RDS feature only works with iPod Nano / Video models though.

QFT = Quoted For Truth. Planned obsolescence (thats it's official name) is nothing new - it's just the time which products have been engineered for has become significantly decreased.

As for apple, they make decent Mp3 players.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information