Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New aston martin called DBX

Bentley Hunaudieres! I've been looking for that for effing ages!
    Have they stopped making the Vanquish's now then?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post
    The DBS will probably be put into production around the end of the year. It will be revised prior to launching, because apparently the new owners have a different vision of the car.
    Do you know what they'll be revising or what-not?

By new owner I would assume it's only Richards that's doing the changing - I figured the Kuwati group that bought the other half would be a silent investor.
    Remember in the thread about the buying of AM by the new group some people were kinda arguing it wouldn't matter really who AM sold too. It looks like it does, as these owners are making changes already - and hopefully for the better (considering it was Found On Road Dead that owned them last).

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige: View Post
    So that's why they've been known to sell for £750k.

At the time the V8 Zagato was a massively powerful car. Think of it this way ... the power hike from the standard V8 to the Zagato would be around about the equivalent of hiking the current V8 Vantage from 380bhp to over 600bhp. The design was also very modern and quite futuristic. It was a special, exclusive car.

And no, this isn't the new Vanquish. The DBS is the Vanquish replacement, hence the final Vanquish being released just before the release of the DBS, to mark the end of the production of this series. If they do make this car, it will be something Aston hasn't actually tried yet, and will be in similar walk of life as the Bentley Hunaudieres (and probably destined to fail just as quickly, shortly after leaving the design studio).
    i was saying that on looks alone. it sounded as if they intended to base the looks on the v8 zagato, which wouldnt work with the modern day astons atall.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini View Post
    Which means it could be a supercar, a small hatchback or an SUV.
    I think they could be making an SUV, if its priced above the Cayenne then it will have the "mega-priced 4x4" niche to itself. Footballers would buy them in the thousands.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

can't wait for moreee!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t View Post
    I think they could be making an SUV, if its priced above the Cayenne then it will have the "mega-priced 4x4" niche to itself. Footballers would buy them in the thousands.
    Footballers would buy them in the tens.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    i was saying that on looks alone. it sounded as if they intended to base the looks on the v8 zagato, which wouldnt work with the modern day astons atall.
    No you didn't. You said:
    yeah but the v8 zagato isnt much of an influencial car to base the new supercar on
    And from what I know, looks are only a small factor in influence.

The Vanquish is still in production; a final version with a REAL gearbox is coming soon, and then it will be discontinued.

well I assure you, I took a photo of the zagato, and thought to myself that it was a strange car to base the new supercar on. I regard looks to be a big factor in influence. Therefore thats why i found it strange.

And no, this isn't the new Vanquish. The DBS is the Vanquish replacement, hence the final Vanquish being released just before the release of the DBS, to mark the end of the production of this series. If they do make this car, it will be something Aston hasn't actually tried yet, and will be in similar walk of life as the Bentley Hunaudieres (and probably destined to fail just as quickly, shortly after leaving the design studio).
    So let me get this straight, this DBX thing is slotted above the Vanquish? Wouldn't that be treading on Carrera GT, Ford GT and maybe Enzo territory? No wonder that you're saying that it is a risky move for Aston Martin. If they do it wrong they're in big trouble.

Stupid name imo.

So this is gonna be a supercar then or is it still not known?

Any idea about the engine guys?

The Vanquish is still in production; a final version with a REAL gearbox is coming soon, and then it will be discontinued.
    I think it's already available, and current owners can have their Vanq chnaged over to proper manual as well.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    If they do it wrong they're in big trouble.
    How?

Most of there revenue is coming from V8 & DB9 sales anyway.

They have an engine and the basics of a chassis with the VH platform.

All that needs to be done is for it to be screwed together and sold at a hefty premium.

They're talking about £350,000 - a DBRS9 is only £175,000 and that includes composite bodywork and all of the trimmings that go into a race car.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Stupid name imo.
    Why?

The Roman numeral for ten is X; DBX = DB10, but with added "X"iness.

They do seem to have backed themselves into a corner with the naming scheme, going double-barrelled on the numbers doesn't sound quite right. Perhaps in light of the new ownership the new flock of Astons will begin with a "DR1"?

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post

Why?

The Roman numeral for ten is X; DBX = DB10, but with added "X"iness.

They do seem to have backed themselves into a corner with the naming scheme, going double-barrelled on the numbers doesn't sound quite right. Perhaps in light of the new ownership the new flock of Astons will begin with a "DR1"?
    I just think DBX doesn't fit Aston. Maybe they should think of a different name now/no more DB...

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    So let me get this straight, this DBX thing is slotted above the Vanquish? Wouldn't that be treading on Carrera GT, Ford GT and maybe Enzo territory? No wonder that you're saying that it is a risky move for Aston Martin. If they do it wrong they're in big trouble.
    The Ford GT seems a bit out of its depth in that trio, but i think theres considerable gap between where the Vanquish is now, to where it would be as an Enzo competitor. In a similar veign, perhaps it'll become an SLR competitor, in the GT-Supercar sense.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information