View Poll Results: How will the Iran nuclear tech be used?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like Libya: as a pre-nuke test to trade for global acceptance.

2 5.88%
  • Like N Korea: as a post-nuke test for bargaining chips and influence

6 17.65%
  • Their nuke facilities will get targeted by America or Israel.

9 26.47%
  • Nothing, and they'll use it for electricity as they claim.

6 17.65%
  • Nothing, and they'll use them to threaten Israel and gain political weight in the region.

4 11.76%
  • They will give in to UN sanctions and international pressure.

0 0%
  • There will be an internal revolution that will change the current nuclear policies.

1 2.94%
  • Other; I don't know; It's too hard to tell;

2 5.88%
  • It doesn't matter, Ahmedinejad is a true nationalist, good for Iran.

1 2.94%
  • It doesn't matter, Ahmedinejad is a true madman, this can only end in tears.

3 8.82%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iran Nuke POLL Edition

Iran Nuke POLL Edition

How do you think this will Iran thing will end?

please specifiy in comments if you choose 'other'.

i know its complicated poll, but you gotta admit this is a complicated situation
    Last edited by aiasib; 03-25-2007 at 02:37 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

I think the Bush administration is better off focusing on stability in the region and let them mind their own business. It's the people that should do the job, not some dumbass x000 miles away. But offcourse they can gain no good propaganda from it, so they threaten Iran, who respond with other threats. Thereby giving Washington free propaganda. It's like the Iraq cycle happening all over again.

i don't know anywhere near enough to reach a confident decision; however, they do seem pretty eager for a fight, and if they have nukes..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    I think the Bush administration is better off focusing on stability in the region and let them mind their own business. It's the people that should do the job, not some dumbass x000 miles away. But offcourse they can gain no good propaganda from it, so they threaten Iran, who respond with other threats. Thereby giving Washington free propaganda. It's like the Iraq cycle happening all over again.
    Hands up anyone who is surprised by this post.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Hands up anyone who is surprised by this post.
    hey, i honestly believe that Iran is made more of a threat by the media and the propaganda then it really is. They have an old-fashioned army, far from something like a nuclear bomb while they are seen by most normal people as a highly advanced army with a gazillion nuclear bombs...

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    hey, i honestly believe that Iran is made more of a threat by the media and the propaganda then it really is. They have an old-fashioned army, far from something like a nuclear bomb while they are seen by most normal people as a highly advanced army with a gazillion nuclear bombs...
    well, they seemed to be able to capture 15 british royal marines easily the other day
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i don't know anywhere near enough to reach a confident decision; however, they do seem pretty eager for a fight, and if they have nukes..
    You mean America & Israel, right?

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    You mean America & Israel, right?

i thought them wanting a fight was a given, i was referring to iran in this case

Iran knows how to push America/Israel's buttons (geddit?) on the issue. it's highly hypocritical of the US to allow Israel access to nuclear technology but not other countries in the region.

This won't end well but i can't see it getting to the stage of total nuclear war - somehow i don't think the conservatives are that ingrained into society anymore. what with their good security ensuring no terrorist attacks in America for nearly 7 years now.....

Wait, it's coming up to an election. cue scare mongering......now.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Imo there's a few poll choices that could co-apply. Eg I voted #3 but #10 and others seem equally valid

Observers far more credible & knowledgable than me have been increasingly heard voicing their serious concern and pesimism of America's true intent regarding Iran. Apparently a wide range of signals coming out from the US are not good, and eerily familiar to America's ramp-up into war against hapless Iraq. And similar to Iraq the Iranian Prez is equally as nutty as not just Saddam was, but is GWB as well. If nothing else the ongoing Iraq fiasco has proved that it only takes two religious fundamentalist headcases to destroy a nation, and again it will be the invaded country's innocent citizenry who are stuck in the middle and bear the dreadful cost

well, they seemed to be able to capture 15 british royal marines easily the other day
    They were in inflatable rafts...

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    it's highly hypocritical of the US to allow Israel access to nuclear technology but not other countries in the region.
    Actually the French sold the secrets to Israel and also to Iraq. The Israelis were smart enough to bomb Iraq's reactor in 1981. Bush should invade France next to win the war on terror.

When Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says he wants to wipe Israel off the face of the earth and bring America to its knees, I believe him. Please dont forget that even if Iran cannot make its own nuke it is only one airplane flight away from obtaining a North Korean one.

In my opinion, Tel Aviv is the most likely target.

I honestly think it will be used for electricity. Maybe I'm just naive.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Maybe this thread will stay on topic and end with all sides agreeing with each other?

Just kidding, I'm not really that optimistic.
    Having an advanced army doesn't really have anything to do with that. Given the right circumstances one could capture anyone using sticks and stones.

edit:

My thoughts on the poll is that I believe it will come to a non-violent solution.
    Last edited by Pando; 03-25-2007 at 10:16 AM.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Whenever some new guy with an agenda comes to power they are looking for a fight, especially a hot war. It's happened too many times for me to have to explain it out in this post. No one can keep nukes out of the hands of people who want them bad enough. Now that Iraq is pretty much out of the picture Iran feels pretty high and mighty, they want to flaunt whatever technology, culture, influence and regime they have and say "LOOK AT ME". I really don't think that Iran, N. Korea or any other of these countries will use nukes on any scale beyond electrical power and research because the ramifications for such small countires would be devastating. Think of it, they'd have not just the US (under any president) come after them but most powerful U.N. members as well much like Gulf War I when Saddam felt he was strong enough to conquer Kuwait and get away with it. Besides, these countries would have a hard enough time accuratly launching these weapons anywhere past the middle east, or Sea of Japan in N. Korea's case, wether that be their intentions or not they are not a threat to many but something to watch for sure.
    If you are content to follow the trends of society, you will forever be a slave to it.
    If you forge your own path and start your own trends, society will follow you.

Thread Information