View Poll Results: How will the Iran nuclear tech be used?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like Libya: as a pre-nuke test to trade for global acceptance.

2 5.88%
  • Like N Korea: as a post-nuke test for bargaining chips and influence

6 17.65%
  • Their nuke facilities will get targeted by America or Israel.

9 26.47%
  • Nothing, and they'll use it for electricity as they claim.

6 17.65%
  • Nothing, and they'll use them to threaten Israel and gain political weight in the region.

4 11.76%
  • They will give in to UN sanctions and international pressure.

0 0%
  • There will be an internal revolution that will change the current nuclear policies.

1 2.94%
  • Other; I don't know; It's too hard to tell;

2 5.88%
  • It doesn't matter, Ahmedinejad is a true nationalist, good for Iran.

1 2.94%
  • It doesn't matter, Ahmedinejad is a true madman, this can only end in tears.

3 8.82%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iran Nuke POLL Edition

I don't know enough about Iran to make a decision. But what I do know is this. The closer and closer we get to west vs middle east war, the more vulnerable we get because theres nothing stopping them bringing entire villages into our country and taking it from the inside out.

as far as nukes go. I'll believe it when I see it.

Theres some Xenophobia here that i'm really, really not liking.

while i agree multiculturalism only works when people are willing to assimilate into the culture they are entering by the same token trying to keep things "pure" is like trying to stop a waterfall with a sink plug.

I'd die if i couldn't experience other people's cultures and ways of living - if only for the food <licks lips>

I think the types of people - those who move but wish to change their adopted society - often for the worse - should be dealt with accordingly.

However if you make these people loyal to their country, you will have no problem.

Does this make sense to anyone else?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by speednine View Post
    Good logic. You know what, the hell with the law against letting felons and convicted murderer's buy guns, we should just give them to them for free also!!!

Hell, here's a novel idea, why not, instead of letting iran develop nuclear technology, we just give them ours so they can sell it to terrorists and other countries who hate the west....
    What does the law have to do with Iran. They are their own country and the U.S cannot make laws for them. If they want to give guns to felons, well we can't stop them.

Plus how do you know some American isn't helping Iran. The U.S government helped Osama Bin Laden years ago. And then when the U.S learned he was conducting terrorist activities, they went after him getting him kicked out of his own country... Then look what happened. He fought back!

I am not saying give them stuff (like sell some country in the middle east F-16 fighters, like they did) But why argue when you know they will eventually get pissed and strike back.

The U.S is like a bully. The bully picks and taunts others, until one day the people that, that bully picked on, fight back. If you look at what has happened to the U.S. Most of the attacks where the results of the U.S pissing people off, so they strike back.
    Last edited by Equinox; 03-28-2007 at 09:06 AM.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    What does the law have to do with Iran. They are their own country and the U.S cannot make laws for them. If they want to give guns to felons, well we can't stop them.

It was a metaphor, apparently it wen't over most of your heads. thanks for reading though....

Plus how do you know some American isn't helping Iran. The U.S government helped Osama Bin Laden years ago. And then when the U.S learned he was conducting terrorist activities, they went after him getting him kicked out of his own country... Then look what happened. He fought back!
    Because when our government is threatening sactions against a nother ocuntry for trying to develope nuclear weapons, i doubt we would be helping them. If it was some schmuck, i could care less. America isn't one person.

The U.S is like a bully. The bully picks and taunts others, until one day the people that, that bully picked on, fight back. If you look at what has happened to the U.S. Most of the attacks where the results of the U.S pissing people off, so they strike back.

Right because, we initiated the middle east terrorists to conduct 911?? What are you trying to say? So tell me w hat did we do to the middle east, to piss everyone off before 911?

you want a list on how the US actually gave weapons to Iraq during it's war with Iran (1980 - 1988)? or how about supporting Afghani Rebels in the 80's as well?

there is a lot of previous efforts the US has managed to somehow look at with rose tinted glasses.

Couple this to it's ties with Israel (which many arab countries wished did not exist) and it's obvious why their is animosity.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    you want a list on how the US actually gave weapons to Iraq during it's war with Iran (1980 - 1988)? or how about supporting Afghani Rebels in the 80's as well?

there is a lot of previous efforts the US has managed to somehow look at with rose tinted glasses.

Couple this to it's ties with Israel (which many arab countries wished did not exist) and it's obvious why their is animosity.
    Thank you for the back up. And yes, there is alot that the U.S did to lead up to the attacks. There is alot of documenteries and the like to back up these claims.

If you have the Biography channel or something. The next time a Bio about Bin Laden comes on, or something to do with the Middle East... Watch it and you will see, that the U.S government did supply Bin Laden with alot of resources when they were allies. Because I think Bin Laden had alot of soldiers, rebels or whatever they where called on his side, and the U.S wanted him to help them with Iran because Iraq was invading Iran at the time. (Not sure on how it went but it was something like that).

I can't remember if the deal went through or not. But the U.S did sell some middle eastern country F-16 fighter's a while back. Which at the time where the most advanced Jet in the world. Don't say, "well thats because Lockheed Martin or Boeing sold the jets to them"... No, the U.S government authorized it and gave them a deal. (I think it was Isreal or Iran, but I'm not sure).
    Last edited by Equinox; 03-29-2007 at 08:39 AM.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by speednine View Post
    So tell me what did we do to the middle east, to piss everyone off before 911?
    Start at the beginning by looking here - a history lesson definately worth reading

http://www.kinghussein.gov.jo/kabd_eng.html

The present catastrophe may be laid almost entirely at your door. Your government, almost alone in the world, is insisting on the immediate admission of 100,000 more Jews into Palestine—to be followed by countless additional ones. This will have the most frightful consequences in bloody chaos beyond anything ever hinted at in Palestine before.

Personally im worried more about what BUSH will do than what Ahmadinejad will ...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    Personally im worried more about what BUSH will do than what Ahmadinejad will ...
    Bush is just about finished.. he's only got another year to his term.

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    If you have the Biography channel or something. The next time a Bio about Bin Laden comes on, or something to do with the Middle East... Watch it and you will see, that the U.S government did supply Bin Laden with alot of resources when they were allies. Because I think Bin Laden had alot of soldiers, rebels or whatever they where called on his side, and the U.S wanted him to help them with Iran because Iraq was invading Iran at the time. (Not sure on how it went but it was something like that).
    No that was in Afghanistan. The US government helped Bin Laden and the Taliban fight the worst enemy of them all, Communism.

edit:
    Oh and look what I found for all you firefox users:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3792
    It made me lol.
    Last edited by Pando; 03-29-2007 at 12:39 PM.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Bush is just about finished.. he's only got another year to his term.

True, but god speaks to him, and when god speaks to people the shit usually hits the fan...

Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    No that was in Afghanistan. The US government helped Bin Laden and the Taliban fight the worst enemy of them all, Communism.

edit:
    Oh and look what I found for all you firefox users:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3792
    It made me lol.

Actually Communism is only evil because America claims it to be, and brainwashes its citizens to believe it as well. Oh, and it wasnt the Taliban, it was the Mujahadeen...

Actually Communism is only evil because America claims it to be,
    It's not evil, just a pipedream.

Actually Communism is only evil because America claims it to be, and brainwashes its citizens to believe it as well.
    I've heard Communists eat children. As it is a different ideology the logical solution is to declare a war on it. Wars on ideologies are essential for the spreading of happiness, freedom and democracy. Always. Remember - only commies think different.
    Oh, and it wasnt the Taliban, it was the Mujahadeen...
    You're right about that, the Taliban movement didn't exist back then under that name, but it rose from the chaos when everyone was fighting each other.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    Wars on ideologies are essential for the spreading of happiness, freedom and democracy.
    Strength through joy, etc.

Thread Information