Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice On Cooling Case!

Advice On Cooling Case!

ADVICE NEEDED!:

Ok i was looking at a 120mm fan, and a few red neons to update my case, since I got the big upgrade in performance recently, yet i didnt change the case atall. I then stumbled across this

Its called the iCute Gamer ATX Case. Which would basically eradicate any cooling problems I may have. It has a 250mm turbine
    at the front, with 2 120mms at the side, and 1 120mm at the rear. Its only £49.99!

What do you think?

"turbine" --- a hole with fins stuck in it
    Doesn't do anything as the fna is a 120 fitted behind and above,

Couldn't find any noise specs for it, so make sure you get a listen to one before committeing unless it's going to hide under your desk.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

what does the 2nd sentance of what you just said mean in english :P

The best option, though a bit big in size:

haha. ok ill go with that.

As concerns the case anyway, I'm looking at a broad range of methods, including replacing some of my 80mm fans with 120mm fans, and making the window case GREEEN.

Looks pretty cool, the iCute. Both my computers are dead boring, bog standard items, the laptop is slightly more of a visual interest. The laptop is silent, no noise comes from it what so ever, the oldest computer (2001) makes a fair bit of noise and the 2004 computer is so frickin noisey it can be heard through walls and 3 and a half floors down in the hallway!!!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

yeah i have a case that sounds like a vaccum cleaner. if i put hepa filters on it or get ionic breeze technology it'll be an air purifier. it looks like a cool case but might be noisie.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

yeah, thats what im finding out, and its one of the things i want to get rid of. SO the replacement of my 80mm fans with quieter 120mm fans looks to be the case now. Excuse the pun.

So im gonna make the entire inside of my case GREEN now

I was going to get this case until I found out that all the huge fan does is create turblence, ruining the airflow. Then I saw it in real life and it looked like cheap plastic tack ... so that pretty much made my decision. You're better off getting the £38.99 Coolermaster Centurion RC-532 ... it'll do alot more for your computer and it doesn't look cheap. I use these for both of my editing suite PCs ... they're sex and cooling is excellent. One is running a brand new DX10 Gaming Card for testing and the other a brand new DX10-compliant editing card for work. Both are overclocked and it copes happily with stock fans. The editing card is passively cooled using a whopping heat-sink so it's also good for passive cooling.

The Cooler Master Centurion 5 has very nice cooling for a nice price.

If you're willing to spend big get a Cooler Master CM Stacker.

What's your budget? I can point out a few good ones for you

This Silverstone has nice cooling
    http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=487038

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    The best option, though a bit big in size:
    Wow, you dont need much to live on do ya???...
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 03-27-2007 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    unless it's going to hide under your desk.
    That does nothing, I can assure you.

I seem to have ended up with the noisiest computer on the planet.

First to go was the stock case fan; a bit quieter, but not enough.

Then the CPU fan; quieter still, but not enough.

A new PSU, quite quiet, but not enough.

I now have to contend with the GFX fan whirring away making an almighty racket, and the HD sounding like a cement mixer full of screwdrivers (no, it isn't broken - it's a maxtor). I am wondering whether to keep upgrading this one or replace it entirely.

If I was to replace it, I fear I'd have to build it myself so that I could stick all the bits I can carry over in, but I can't be bothered to go through the rigmarole of researching which components are the "best" I can afford, wading through the obligatory fanboy rubbish that exists (AMD vs Intel, ATI vs Nvidia... ), only to be irritated by the fact that 3 months after I bought my expensive spangly new bits, they will all be bargain basement prices and old-hat.

Damned computers. Sometimes I wish I didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige: View Post
    I was going to get this case until I found out that all the huge fan does is create turblence, ruining the airflow. Then I saw it in real life and it looked like cheap plastic tack ... so that pretty much made my decision. You're better off getting the £38.99 Coolermaster Centurion RC-532 ... it'll do alot more for your computer and it doesn't look cheap. I use these for both of my editing suite PCs ... they're sex and cooling is excellent. One is running a brand new DX10 Gaming Card for testing and the other a brand new DX10-compliant editing card for work. Both are overclocked and it copes happily with stock fans. The editing card is passively cooled using a whopping heat-sink so it's also good for passive cooling.
    you have all that? I dont understand.. a few years back I talked to you and you were a student, right? How can you afford a DX10 rig let alone 2 lol. I worked my ass off for my x1900xt dual core rig

anyways. Those cases you're using looks really flash. Especially the ones you use for 'editing suit pc's'. I'll bookmark them, but for the time being, I'm gonna replace my fans with 120mm's, and get the inside glowing green. I'm bored of this blue. Besides, I plan to revamp it all in summer. So I'll come back to this thread

25cm upright desktop fan should do the trick.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information