Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto IV Trailer now available.

Grand Theft Auto IV Trailer now available.

And it's awesome!

http://www.gametrailers.com/

Right now, your best bet is to see it here. Rockstar's site is becoming overcrowded very, very fast.

So, for some new facts. The city is Liberty. But it is now more accurately based upon New York City (Brooklyn Bridge, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty City, Times Square). You're also a Russian fella this time. Biggest news, but watch for yourself.

And yes, this game looks freaking amazing!
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I am buying an XBox 360 and pre-ordering this game asap.

I'll also buy Colin McRae when it comes out. That's enough videogaming for me.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Great. I now have to work harder to buy myself a friggin' PS3. Good news is, the game isn't here before October, so I have enough time.

The game looks stunning... a big departure from the old RenderWare platform. I wonder how big Liberty City will be and if New Jersey will be included as Shoreside Vale was in GTA III.
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 03-29-2007 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Punctuation
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Not sure fiset. I do know this isn't the same LC as in GTAIII, but more of a NYC w/ LC's name. I only recognized the L-Train in Portland, and that was it.

But I have a pre-order already set.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    Not sure fiset. I do know this isn't the same LC as in GTAIII, but more of a NYC w/ LC's name. I only recognized the L-Train in Portland, and that was it.

But I have a pre-order already set.
    Well, I also only recognized the L-Train, and also the boat we see at the harbor looks a bit like the one that was bombed in GTA III. Other than that, it looks completely different. I'm pleased to see the city is quite an exact replica of New York. I guess there will probably a lot of references to LC as easter eggs.

I envy you and your pre-order. I'm so broke I won't be able to pre-order it until this summer. Are you ordering it for the X360 or the PS3?
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    and if New Jersey will be included as Shoreside Vale was in GTA III.
    Lets hope not. Unless they have more hookers and blow.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Trailer wasnt that good, it only SEEMED good because of the graphics. I woulda liked to see more cars, weps, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Well, I also only recognized the L-Train, and also the boat we see at the harbor looks a bit like the one that was bombed in GTA III. Other than that, it looks completely different. I'm pleased to see the city is quite an exact replica of New York. I guess there will probably a lot of references to LC as easter eggs.

I envy you and your pre-order. I'm so broke I won't be able to pre-order it until this summer. Are you ordering it for the X360 or the PS3?
    I have it on pre-order for the X360. I haven't seen any PC announcements, and no PS3 here...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    Trailer wasnt that good, it only SEEMED good because of the graphics. I woulda liked to see more cars, weps, etc....
    It's called a Trailer for a reason. It's not meant to show you everything you want to see. That ruins it.

Plus, it's only the first trailer.
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    I have it on pre-order for the X360. I haven't seen any PC announcements, and no PS3 here...yet.

It's called a Trailer for a reason. It's not meant to show you everything you want to see. That ruins it.

Plus, it's only the first trailer.
    Uh, actually it is, if you only show the graphics then you could have pretty much shown me the trailer for GoW again...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    Uh, actually it is, if you only show the graphics then you could have pretty much shown me the trailer for GoW again...
    I'm guessing they haven't yet developed as much as they want the whole weapons/cars thing. I expect a ton of gameplay videos before the actual release of the game. There's still a lot of time left. With the trailer they probably wanted to answer the burning question: what city?
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Initial trailers don't necessarily give you too much. Why? Its a drip feed process that lures more potential buyers of the game. Showcasing all of the features in one trailer is not so smart..it would mean digging for more things to feature for future trailers. Take Crysis for example, its initial trailer showcased a great deal of graphical prowess and and psychics, yet there was a great deal left out.

I agree with F1_Master, trailers are sneak peeks, should they be like the trailers of old (circa 40s and 50s) then they would show us everything worthwhile and leave us disappointed when we see another trailer or play / see the movie.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

This is a repost. There has been a GTA IV thread ever since the countdown was initiated for the trailer. Do a bloody search instead of making a redundant thread - there's no excuse. This isn't even in the right forum.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...t=31613&page=2
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

i wished you would play as a guido...it better be a way bigger verson of liberty
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

wow. a grown up gta! fantastic!

May 5th = Xbox 360, GTA4, PGR3 & Test Drive Unlimited V2!!!!!!!!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information