Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: My dad is in the hospital

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear about your dad Pando, my deepest condolences bro. You're so right, this close call has made me think about how fragile our lives are. My father has always been a very active and healthy person. Sure he had prostate cancer 5 years ago but got through that. I never expected to see him like this without him having had some sort of sickness beforehand, know what I mean?

I agree with you about saying what needs to be said and doing what needs to be done. Say it and do it TODAY!! There may not be a tommorrow. Cheers.

My dad was taken off the repirator today!! Praise God!! Sure he has an oxigen mask now, but not a machine doing the breathing for him.
    Great news Taz. Life is fragile but its sometimes amazing what doctors can do in these situations. I unfortunately lost my grandfather about 4 weeks ago, who lived 71 years with only seeing a doctor once or twice in his younger days. It sounds as if your dad will be ok, and best best of luck to both of you and your family.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Oh, BTW, Taz I was bored earlier and decided to make you some Cobra avatars. Take a look and enjoy
    I put a p/w on the file since I didn't want random people using the avatars elsewhere. If anybody else on UCP wants to take a look at them, just let me know if you want the pass.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XMILIQJO
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Great news Taz. Life is fragile but its sometimes amazing what doctors can do in these situations. I unfortunately lost my grandfather about 4 weeks ago, who lived 71 years with only seeing a doctor once or twice in his younger days. It sounds as if your dad will be ok, and best best of luck to both of you and your family.
    Thanks Badda, I'm sorry for your loss. I got a call from my dad's cardiologist a few minutes ago. He says my dad is well enough to get his pacemaker put in on saturday at 10:00 am. After that, they expect him to stay in the hospital two more days, in a normal room, not the ICU and should be home by monday!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    Oh, BTW, Taz I was bored earlier and decided to make you some Cobra avatars. Take a look and enjoy
    I put a p/w on the file since I didn't want random people using the avatars elsewhere. If anybody else on UCP wants to take a look at them, just let me know if you want the pass.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XMILIQJO
    That's great Vaigra, thanks bro!! I clicked on the link but it's not clear how to see the avatars. Could you please mail them to me?
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 04-05-2007 at 08:07 PM.

No problem. You might want to remove your email address from there though. Bots will pick up on it and spam your inbox.

Being nice since 2007.

No problem. You might want to remove your email address from there though. Bots will pick up on it and spam your inbox.
    Done, thanks again Asif!!

Not a problem. Let me know what you think of the avatars once you've taken a look see.

Being nice since 2007.

Not a problem. Let me know what you think of the avatars once you've taken a look see.
    One word, AWSOME!!! Gracias!!! (Thank you!!!)

Glad you like.
    And I did know what Gracias meant haha

Being nice since 2007.

I don't pray, but for you I'll make an exception. I hope all goes well, friend. Don't let him give up.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    I don't pray, but for you I'll make an exception.
    Every little bit helps, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    I hope all goes well, friend. Don't let him give up.
    He won't give up, he's a strong man. Much of what I am is thanks to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    Sad to hear about the condition, Hector but it's brilliant that he is getting better. Close calls like that makes one think how fragile life really is and perhaps appreciate life a bit more. I unfortunately lost my dad almost 7 months ago and although there are always things undone and unsaid, it has changed the way I try to be with people whom are near and dear to me.
    My deepest condolince to you and you family Best wishes hope all is alot better now.
    My dad was taken off the repirator today!! Praise God!! Sure he has an oxigen mask now, but not a machine doing the breathing for him.
    TAZ's Dad FTW! Great new mate.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Very sorry for you loss to you and your family,

Life sucks to be honest, Death to me is like eating food it's been a part of my life since before my first memory's, And yet i still can't handle it for myself or anyone else. I normally don't like to jump into threads or conversations about anyone that is ill in anyway because to ignore it is the only way i have been able to live with it, But i couldn't stay out of this something was calling me in.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    TAZ's Dad FTW! Great new mate.
    Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    Life sucks to be honest, Death to me is like eating food it's been a part of my life since before my first memory's, And yet i still can't handle it for myself or anyone else. I normally don't like to jump into threads or conversations about anyone that is ill in anyway because to ignore it is the only way i have been able to live with it, But i couldn't stay out of this something was calling me in.
    On the contrary Slick, life is great! It's death that sucks. It forces us to make changes in our lives that maybe we weren't quite ready for. But change is part of life. I thank God my dad is going to be OK, because it made me realize that I'm not ready to lose part of my family. But I better get ready because some day it will happen.

On the positive side, it's during times like these that you realize who your real mates are. The support given to me by so many of you on UCP and a lot of the people around me has helped like you have no idea. For that I'm thankful. Death always brings pain with it no doubt, but it also brings forth faith, strength, comradery and inspiration. Life is good. Maybe that's what called you in?

Bloody great to hear your dads pulling through, we've had a few forum members having family members in hospital now, but most seem to pull through...we must be a good luck charm!

My father has always been a very active and healthy person. Sure he had prostate cancer 5 years ago but got through that. I never expected to see him like this without him having had some sort of sickness beforehand, know what I mean?
    Gret to hear on the continued progress and being an active person I'm sure you can look forward to continued improvement.

My dad had a simple philosophy he passed on to those who had heart attacks......
    That was to NOT spend the rest of life worrying about whether another one will happen. To spend it instead doing what you enjoy and with family.
    ( He had his first attack when he was 48. He had another 6, two of which were "dead at scene" levels, had a pacemaker, had 3 strokes and lived till he was 82. And even in his 80s would chat up the good looking nurses and advise me on business )

Best wishes to you, your family and especially your dad who I hope is up soon giving you hassle
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 04-06-2007 at 02:05 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

really glad your dad came out okay, really hope he gets better.

my father died of a heart attack on my birthday 12 years ago, really thaguth me the lesson to let others know cherish the time you have with your family memebers

Thread Information