Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My dad is in the hospital

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    Thanks for the support!

On the contrary Slick, life is great! It's death that sucks. It forces us to make changes in our lives that maybe we weren't quite ready for. But change is part of life. I thank God my dad is going to be OK, because it made me realize that I'm not ready to lose part of my family. But I better get ready because some day it will happen.

On the positive side, it's during times like these that you realize who your real mates are. The support given to me by so many of you on UCP and a lot of the people around me has helped like you have no idea. For that I'm thankful. Death always brings pain with it no doubt, but it also brings forth faith, strength, comradery and inspiration. Life is good. Maybe that's what called you in?
    I was going to write some stuff up but i changed my mind as it would be rude of me to move the subject one bit away from you and your father.
    But I'll say who is left behind when others leave find it very hard at times to understand why it wasn't them. I live with plenty of guilt and suppressed memory's, Who i was 6 years ago isn't who i am today, In some ways i went to the school of hard knocks and learnt fast.

You will laugh my mum has been telling everyone i got this ability to pick up things when something is wrong, All because i told her not to call my niece because she was suspended or in trouble and her mobile has been taken off her and her mother will answer the phone (They haven't spoke for more then 12 months and i don't know her). And that's what happen, I'd say lucky guess.

And you very much welcome got plenty of support to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Gret to hear on the continued progress and being an active person I'm sure you can look forward to continued improvement.

My dad had a simple philosophy he passed on to those who had heart attacks......
    That was to NOT spend the rest of life worrying about whether another one will happen. To spend it instead doing what you enjoy and with family.
    ( He had his first attack when he was 48. He had another 6, two of which were "dead at scene" levels, had a pacemaker, had 3 strokes and lived till he was 82. And even in his 80s would chat up the good looking nurses and advise me on business )

Best wishes to you, your family and especially your dad who I hope is up soon giving you hassle
    Your dad sounded like a top bloke funny bugger.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Furioso View Post
    really glad your dad came out okay, really hope he gets better.

my father died of a heart attack on my birthday 12 years ago, really thaguth me the lesson to let others know cherish the time you have with your family memebers
    Shit man you got it hard twice.

My dad past 11/9 or for our state side mates 9/11 27 years ago this year, And his birthday comes bathurst 1000 weekend, In 2005 my brother and i were there our dad always wanted to go there.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

It's great news that your father is getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    Bloody great to hear your dads pulling through, we've had a few forum members having family members in hospital now, but most seem to pull through...we must be a good luck charm!
    Thanks Spaz, maybe we are a good luck charm??!! I think it has to do more with the support, prayers and good wishes we have towards one another when something like this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Gret to hear on the continued progress and being an active person I'm sure you can look forward to continued improvement.

My dad had a simple philosophy he passed on to those who had heart attacks......
    That was to NOT spend the rest of life worrying about whether another one will happen. To spend it instead doing what you enjoy and with family.
    ( He had his first attack when he was 48. He had another 6, two of which were "dead at scene" levels, had a pacemaker, had 3 strokes and lived till he was 82. And even in his 80s would chat up the good looking nurses and advise me on business )

Best wishes to you, your family and especially your dad who I hope is up soon giving you hassle
    You're too kind Peter. Your dad was a wise man, he kinda sounds like mine, he has the same philosophy. Same with chatting up the nurses and the advice. I'm sure he's proud of you where he is today, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Furioso View Post
    really glad your dad came out okay, really hope he gets better.

my father died of a heart attack on my birthday 12 years ago, really thaguth me the lesson to let others know cherish the time you have with your family memebers
    I'm sorry to hear about you dad bro, but he was right about chereshing our time with the people we love.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    I was going to write some stuff up but i changed my mind as it would be rude of me to move the subject one bit away from you and your father.
    But I'll say who is left behind when others leave find it very hard at times to understand why it wasn't them. I live with plenty of guilt and suppressed memory's, Who i was 6 years ago isn't who i am today, In some ways i went to the school of hard knocks and learnt fast.

You will laugh my mum has been telling everyone i got this ability to pick up things when something is wrong, All because i told her not to call my niece because she was suspended or in trouble and her mobile has been taken off her and her mother will answer the phone (They haven't spoke for more then 12 months and i don't know her). And that's what happen, I'd say lucky guess.

And you very much welcome got plenty of support to give.
    Sounds like you've lost people very close to you Slick and I can understand how you feel. A few days ago, when my father was near death, in desperation I was going to ask God to take me and not him. But then I realized that we all do that when the people we love are in danger of leaving us. As I see my dad get better, it makes me think the God allowed him to stay a little longer cuz he must have things left to do in this life.

I believe God has a plan for all of us, when we fulfill that plan, he calls us home. I guess what I'm trying to say is: don't feel guilty for still being alive mate, you and many others have given me great comfort these past few days. I'm sure that your presence brightens up a lot of peoples lifes. Maybe that part of your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    It's great news that your father is getting better.
    Thanks dude.

Great news Taz on your dad getting better! I wish your father all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Great news Taz on your dad getting better! I wish your father all the best!
    All your good wishes have worked wonders. Many thanks.

Sounds like you've lost people very close to you Slick and I can understand how you feel. A few days ago, when my father was near death, in desperation I was going to ask God to take me and not him. But then I realized that we all do that when the people we love are in danger of leaving us. As I see my dad get better, it makes me think the God allowed him to stay a little longer cuz he must have things left to do in this life.

I believe God has a plan for all of us, when we fulfill that plan, he calls us home. I guess what I'm trying to say is: don't feel guilty for still being alive mate, you and many others have given me great comfort these past few days. I'm sure that your presence brightens up a lot of peoples lifes. Maybe that part of your plan?

Thanks dude.
    Yes to many way to young, I'm a pretty quite person i don't talk loud i try not to commit much I'm always guarded only my mum see's me crack and it's been a while.. My mum has said many times over the years she wished she was taken and not my father, I tell her she's stupid and to shut up, She's been mother and as much as she could be father to me, I know it's not easy to be honest i don't know if a man could do both roles? I've seen her stand up to men fist and all to protect us and now i protect her it's the least i could do.

I hope ive helped with the other to make parts of your days better, And now your dad is starting the road up the hill I'm glad all is getting better you can all start to maybe have a little smile together.
    But no need to thank me please i don't like being thanked it gives me tomato cheeks
    I know my job here and some years ago i had a simple nose job to fix the broken one.. When i woke 1 hour after a simple 15min operation they told me i was no responsive to them when they tried to wake me for some time, I was shocked thinking shit was i going to die or something?. I had some time after to think about it and had this memory of being carried off the operating table onto a bed, And the nurses were telling me they were changing my gown as it was very bloody, Then i here a nurse telling someone he has been no responsive to us he hasn't woken up, Then i get this smash on the chest and someone is rubbing really hard wake up Darrell, I shit and open my eyes and this lady walks from the end of the bed and says welcome back Darrell she was the nurse, I was thinking who was hitting me? Then all i could think of was what is all this crap on me lol. Since then i have been a weird guy seeing things people walk past my door and mums asleep i think I'm seeing things lol i don't believe in ghost's but i know I'm here to make sure my mum is fine and looked after. She has my brother but really when it comes down to it it's only us he's got he's own family to take care of.

Now out of slick twilights zone and back to the real topic.

Tell your dad don't chat them hot nurses up to much he will only brake there hearts when he heads home and leaves them.

I am real happy things have turned out for you and your dad Taz.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    I am real happy things have turned out for you and your dad Taz.
    Thanks crisis, unfortunately things have taken a couple of steps back. Yesterday my dad's right lung developed an infection and is producing a lot of phlegm. The doctors have him sedated since yesterday, back on the respirator and a tube going into his lung to drain out fluids and phlegm.

He was partialy awake today and noded yes or no to me. Once the infection subsides, the doctors want to wait to see my dad without any kind of plumbing comming out of him for 24 hours before putting the pace maker in. God willing that will be soon.

Very lucky he is in the right place to be looked after, They just got to get rid of this infection that is causing all the problems, And he's in the best place to do that, Fingers crossed.

Hey Taz, I'm adding my most positives vibes to those of the UCP gang towards you and your Dad. UCP helped in a big way to get Terry back on her feet and to keep me on mine. With this backing, I reckon your Dad has no choice but to get better.

PS: Do you have to be sick to get into that hospital or do they also take holiday bookings?
    Last edited by Doug_Dread; 04-10-2007 at 12:35 AM.
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    Very lucky he is in the right place to be looked after, They just got to get rid of this infection that is causing all the problems, And he's in the best place to do that, Fingers crossed.
    That's a big comfort to me, it's the best hospital not only in Queretaro but in the country in general. Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_Dread View Post
    Hey Taz, I'm adding my most positives vibes to those of the UCP gang towards you and your Dad. UCP helped in a big way to get Terry back on her feet and to keep me on mine. With this backing, I reckon your Dad has no choice but to get better.

PS: Do you have to be sick to get into that hospital or do they also take holiday bookings?
    Thanks Doug, I'm sure all the prayers and possitive vibes will help my dad as they did Terry. That's what I love UCP, as you've seen, we're a close nit group here. God bless you and Terry and thanks for the good vibes. So glad to see you guys are going to be ok!

PS: I'll have to ask the local travel agent about holiday bookings.

2nd PS: I love your sig Doug, couln't agree more with it.

The pacemaker is in!!!

Yep, the docs put the pacemaker in today and all went well thank God!! My dad should be out of the ICU tomorrow and in a "normal" room during the weekend. He should be home by Monday.

Yep, the docs put the pacemaker in today and all went well thank God!! My dad should be out of the ICU tomorrow and in a "normal" room during the weekend. He should be home by Monday.
    Great news. Glad all went well.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    Great news. Glad all went well.
    Thanks, you can't imagine the relief I feel right now.

Bloody rippa mate!

Thread Information