Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Single turbo setup?

Quote Originally Posted by hightower99 View Post
    As for wheels I have found none that are 18" tall and wide enough to have a 305mm tire mounted. Tires are not so much a problem, just the wheels to mount them on.
    I doubt you'll find 18" wheels that'll let you fit 305 tyres, you'll probably need to get 19s. Though try contacting a wheel company directly and asking them if they make any of their designs in that particular size, it might just be that it's an uncommon size that wheel stores don't stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    I doubt you'll find 18" wheels that'll let you fit 305 tyres, you'll probably need to get 19s. Though try contacting a wheel company directly and asking them if they make any of their designs in that particular size, it might just be that it's an uncommon size that wheel stores don't stock.
    Will a 10"x18" fit a 305mm tire?

If so then I think I have found a great wheel.

Comes in 10x18 for alittle under 3000DKK (which is a deal compared to the 6000DKK I would have to pay for 11x18...).
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

Use the handy calculators in http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html
    That's an excellent page for all tyre/wheel things.
    Especially offset and its importance -- whcih migth be a much larger issue for you than jsut finding a rim.
    3-piece rims can be made availabel at any width/offset and not always expensive. They don't tend to be modern looking though ( ie fanboy spindly ) but you don't WANT spindly with what you're planning

re welding, as long as you're only working steel then mig/tig is fine. Gas if you are needing to do complex panel bonding. Or spot weld even better, but can be expensive to rent. After the basics of cleaning, preparing, starting and flow then I'm afraid the rest is experience No amount of books can help THAT much. Trying it will greatly ... especially in doing a clean safe fillet.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Use the handy calculators in http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html
    That's an excellent page for all tyre/wheel things.
    Especially offset and its importance -- whcih migth be a much larger issue for you than jsut finding a rim.
    3-piece rims can be made availabel at any width/offset and not always expensive. They don't tend to be modern looking though ( ie fanboy spindly ) but you don't WANT spindly with what you're planning

re welding, as long as you're only working steel then mig/tig is fine. Gas if you are needing to do complex panel bonding. Or spot weld even better, but can be expensive to rent. After the basics of cleaning, preparing, starting and flow then I'm afraid the rest is experience No amount of books can help THAT much. Trying it will greatly ... especially in doing a clean safe fillet.
    Thanks for the wheel link. The BBS wheel has a slightly shallow offset (compared to stock) which will keep it away from suspension parts and keep the car legal (max 20mm increase in track).

I have also been looking at BBS and OZ 3 piece wheels, they do offer the best fit but they cost 6-7000DKK a wheel here.

I am not good at gas welding at all... But I do have access to a spot welder...

I thought there might be some techniques out there that I don't know... Also Matra I have heard of a rosetta weld but I can't find info on how to make one?
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it

Thanks...

Seen those before still insane that they stuffed the V12 into an E30 chassis...

I am argueing with myself as to whether I still want to try this with an E36 M3... Basically I haven't seen any info on this ever being done (i.e. I can find lots of E30 mods but no E36 M3s...)

That and I have fallen in love with a particular E34 M5... which has the virtues of having a larger engine compartment and more stronger and higher performance suspension, brakes, and drivetrain (from gearbox to wheels).

I wil have to decide soon so that I can get started....

Thread Information