Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: First R8 Written Off

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade View Post
    I meant the other way around, if Audi were to use the V10, Audi would work their magic on the Lambo engine to make it more Audi-like, rather than just leaving it as it is, thereby creating a new 'soul' for the car as Kitdy put it.
    Well they've already got a Gallardo derrived V10, the 5.2litre on that you can find under the bonnets of the new S6 and S8
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Well they've already got a Gallardo derrived V10, the 5.2litre on that you can find under the bonnets of the new S6 and S8
    Doesn't that reek of sloppyness? Low end cars are supposda share parts not Audis!

Anyways, I read in C+D that the V10 in the S8 just doesn't cut it. No crap, the V10 was designed for a Lamborghini sportscar not an Audi luxury sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Doesn't that reek of sloppyness? Low end cars are supposda share parts not Audis!

Anyways, I read in C+D that the V10 in the S8 just doesn't cut it. No crap, the V10 was designed for a Lamborghini sportscar not an Audi luxury sedan!
    It's not the same engine really, the Lamborghini uses a 5.0litre V10 whilst the Audi's use a 5.2litre.

Motion & Emotion

It would make sense for audi to detune the V10 so not to step on lambos feet. In all fairness the lambo V10 was developed form the audi V8 so they deserve something back. We can all see companies sharing parts now..we dont sniff at Bentley continental because it has a phaeton platform underneath (we have other reasons ) I guess only the mega-rich companies can afford not to collaborate these days to survive.
    autozine.org

The lambo had dry sump oil lubrication system and intake/exhaust tuned for high end breathing, for say an audi S8 it might be nice to give it a more flexible intake system and direct injection (FSI) to make it a tad more relaxing to drive, i guess power could have been maintained in the audis but it didn't seem the priority, instead the just wanted "V10" on the back of the car and a bit more torque. Audi were not trying to compete with the BMW V10 (at least not yet)..i could be wrong
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    It would make sense for audi to detune the V10 so not to step on lambos feet. In all fairness the lambo V10 was developed form the audi V8 so they deserve something back. We can all see companies sharing parts now..we dont sniff at Bentley continental because it has a phaeton platform underneath (we have other reasons ) I guess only the mega-rich companies can afford not to collaborate these days to survive.
    Lamborghini's V10 is derrived from Audi's old straight 5 engine and Audi's V10 isn't as powerful as Lamborghini's anyway, despite it being slightly bigger.

Audi 5.2-V10 - 450BHP / 540NM Torque

Lamborghini 5.0-V10 - 520BHP / 510NM Torque
    Attached Images Attached Images

Motion & Emotion

It really would be interesting to see the diesel V-12 in the R8. Then you guys wouldn't be complaining so much.

The lambo had dry sump oil lubrication system and intake/exhaust tuned for high end breathing, for say an audi S8 it might be nice to give it a more flexible intake system and direct injection (FSI) to make it a tad more relaxing to drive, i guess power could have been maintained in the audis but it didn't seem the priority, instead the just wanted "V10" on the back of the car and a bit more torque. Audi were not trying to compete with the BMW V10 (at least not yet)..i could be wrong
    Audi's is FSI

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    It really would be interesting to see the diesel V-12 in the R8. Then you guys wouldn't be complaining so much.
    Audi has already developed a diesel V12?

Audi's is FSI
    my bad english, i meant to imply audi gave it more real world features like FSI and shorter longer intake etc..sorry to confuse

edit: where did you read the V10 came from the straight 5? my research indicates so many similar specs (even bore and stroke) between the (S4) V8 and V10, it is common especially for V engines with common bank angles. e.g the old merc 3vpc 5.5 V8 and 3.2 V6 where made on same production line so when one changes they both change - we now have a new 4 vpc 3.5 V6 and a V8 all with this common 90 deg bank angle (compulsary for V8 and one type of V6 (othere type is 60 deg))..you know your stuff and could be right though.
    Last edited by jediali; 04-10-2007 at 02:46 PM.
    autozine.org

Audi has already developed a diesel V12?
    The Q7 V12-TDI concept.
    http://www.easier.com/view/News/Moto...cle-92489.html

and the R10 LeMans racer.
    http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en2/exp...i_R10_TDI.html

my bad english, i meant to imply audi gave it more real world features like FSI and shorter longer intake etc..sorry to confuse
    Oh right, no worries.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Motion & Emotion

It would make sense for audi to detune the V10 so not to step on lambos feet. In all fairness the lambo V10 was developed form the audi V8 so they deserve something back. We can all see companies sharing parts now..we dont sniff at Bentley continental because it has a phaeton platform underneath (we have other reasons )
    I do. If I buy a Bentley I want one, not a Volkswagen Continental...
    Lamborghini's V10 is derrived from Audi's old straight 5 engine and Audi's V10 isn't as powerful as Lamborghini's anyway, despite it being slightly bigger.
    I'm pretty confindent those two engines don't share a single bolt.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The Q7 V12-TDI concept.

and the R10 LeMans racer.
    I knew about the R10 but forgot about the Q7 V12-TDI concept.

What is the Lamborghini V10 based on, if anything then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I do. If I buy a Bentley I want one, not a Volkswagen Continental...
    Agreed. I do sniff it at jediali. Take that!
    Last edited by Kitdy; 04-10-2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: no good reason

What is the Lamborghini V10 based on, if anything then?
    The Gallardo's V10 engine is based on Audi's old straight-5 design.
    The 5.0litre V10 is a essentially the current Audi 4.2litre V8 with two extra cylinders added and a slightly smaller bore diameter.

Motion & Emotion

The Gallardo's V10 engine is based on Audi's old straight-5 design.
    The 5.0litre V10 is a essentially the current Audi 4.2litre V8 with two extra cylinders added and a slightly smaller bore diameter.
    ie: audi 4.2 V8 is based on its old straight 5??
    autozine.org

Thread Information