Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1999 Volvo V70R 2.4 AWD 265

this one of the few fast cars where people dont think your a git! you can help your mother move house at 150mph
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by robcooper View Post
    Haha, i thought you'd be pretty happy with me posting it up , Tom!

It woulda been cool for your Dad to have one too, but you've still got an ....Audi, am i right?....Still great cars! (My Dad wants an RS6 Plus!)

Anyway, ill post up more pics sometime, once i got exams outta the way and al that stuff...

Cheers.
    YEP!!! Yeah, he opted for a new A6 1.8T over a V70R!
    Gone now though, maybe a Volvo next year Unless I can persuade him to go RS6 but it's unlikely, he just dissmisses it with 'aah, it's the old style though... It's too similar to what I had." and I'm like "You had a 4-cylinder 1.8litre Turbo for crying out loud and with puny tin-can alloys, and very few options, not a 4.2litre Twin Turbo V8!! You're an idiot."
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    YEP!!! Yeah, he opted for a new A6 1.8T over a V70R!
    Gone now though, maybe a Volvo next year Unless I can persuade him to go RS6 but it's unlikely, he just dissmisses it with 'aah, it's the old style though... It's too similar to what I had." and I'm like "You had a 4-cylinder 1.8litre Turbo for crying out loud and with puny tin-can alloys, and very few options, not a 4.2litre Twin Turbo V8!! You're an idiot."
    Haha - i would have replied exactly the same....cant quite compare
    Although Audis do LOOK great these days, S-Lines and all these diesels make me double take everytime!...And if im honest, i have to take a second look at most classic-shape V70s too!

Ive only ever seen 2 others..one was infront of my dad while he was in his van and i had just got off the bus - you shouldve seen both our faces. And he has seen 3 - one dark blue, the silver one and another laser blue......

Haha - i would have replied exactly the same....cant quite compare
    Although Audis do LOOK great these days, S-Lines and all these diesels make me double take everytime!...And if im honest, i have to take a second look at most classic-shape V70s too!

Ive only ever seen 2 others..one was infront of my dad while he was in his van and i had just got off the bus - you shouldve seen both our faces. And he has seen 3 - one dark blue, the silver one and another laser blue......
    lol, I'm torn between Dad's ideas for his new car next year, host of Audi's another Landy or a Volvo Which to choooooooose....
    Is your Dad's an Auto or manual?

Motion & Emotion

Its a 5 spd Auto

Its a 5 spd Auto
    I prefer to hear the Auto Volvo 6-cyliders

No gaps in the noise!

My friend's Mum's V70 2.5 has gone now... replaced by 2004 Mazda 3 1.4 TS...

Motion & Emotion

I prefer to hear the Auto Volvo 6-cyliders

No gaps in the noise!

My friend's Mum's V70 2.5 has gone now... replaced by 2004 Mazda 3 1.4 TS...

I know what you mean - even the XC90 sound pretty hearty when used properly . My Dad got quite an impressive sound clip on his mobile last year - managed to get wheel spin - pretty impossible lol.
    Ill try and upload it sometime.

In the meantime, here is the vid i currently have on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e67zZ-kQIxc

(Im not making excuses, but this video doesnt portray the speed very well....)

I know what you mean - even the XC90 sound pretty hearty when used properly . My Dad got quite an impressive sound clip on his mobile last year - managed to get wheel spin - pretty impossible lol.
    Ill try and upload it sometime.

In the meantime, here is the vid i currently have on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e67zZ-kQIxc

(Im not making excuses, but this video doesnt portray the speed very well....)
    ahaha, lol, my Dad never drives fast...
    Which Newton do you live in btw?

Motion & Emotion

ahaha, lol, my Dad never drives fast...Which Newton do you live in btw?
    Is it possible in a 1.8T?? - joking - great car

Newton in Cambridge...

Is it possible in a 1.8T?? - joking - great car

Newton in Cambridge...
    It did shift fairly well but not quite as well as our current 2.4... The 2.4 sounds better too...

Motion & Emotion

It did shift fairly well but not quite as well as our current 2.4... The 2.4 sounds better too...
    Yeah they sound pretty decent. I live about a quarter of a mile from a Porsche and Aston dealership and at the Aston place they sell approved performance cars. On the way to the bustop couple of weeks ago i saw an A4 3.0 Cabrio from there.....and it sounded soooo sweet! Great sounding six-cylinder....

Yeah they sound pretty decent. I live about a quarter of a mile from a Porsche and Aston dealership and at the Aston place they sell approved performance cars. On the way to the bustop couple of weeks ago i saw an A4 3.0 Cabrio from there.....and it sounded soooo sweet! Great sounding six-cylinder....
    Oooh, I've only ever seen cars with them in, I've only ever heard the engine in a Golf VR6 undercover police car... Being ragged of course!

Motion & Emotion

Niiice! They are great sounding engines - and while im here (and im sure that this'll be posted on UCP too, but im way too lazy to do it myself) i am a member of the Volvo Owners Club website, and someone posted up a link that pretty much said that Volvo are not going to make 'R' models in upcoming generations...

Its like my Dad was saying yesterday - Volvo were up there with the big boys in the mid to late 90s - they had the T-5 and Rs - coppers use(d) them , this alone is free advertising. But becasue of this 'negative' image that most people have on Volvos , that theyre safe and not fast, has made Volvo lost faith in themselves to make fast, practical, safe cars.....

My Dad finds himself extremely lucky to have even a 'warm' Volvo....

But look out on pistonheads.com Tom, there has been a few 265 Rs on there this past few months, all hovering around the £5/6K mark.....

Cheers.

Niiice! They are great sounding engines - and while im here (and im sure that this'll be posted on UCP too, but im way too lazy to do it myself) i am a member of the Volvo Owners Club website, and someone posted up a link that pretty much said that Volvo are not going to make 'R' models in upcoming generations...

Its like my Dad was saying yesterday - Volvo were up there with the big boys in the mid to late 90s - they had the T-5 and Rs - coppers use(d) them , this alone is free advertising. But becasue of this 'negative' image that most people have on Volvos , that theyre safe and not fast, has made Volvo lost faith in themselves to make fast, practical, safe cars.....

My Dad finds himself extremely lucky to have even a 'warm' Volvo....

But look out on pistonheads.com Tom, there has been a few 265 Rs on there this past few months, all hovering around the £5/6K mark.....

Cheers.
    We have a load of V70 T5 marked traffic cars around here, and I past an outgoing V70R AWD in the most hideous colour imaginable, I had a good mind to knock on the window and give him a good ticking off for ruining what would be a fantastic car by opting for it in the colour he had. It was vomit inducing!

Motion & Emotion

We have a load of V70 T5 marked traffic cars around here, and I past an outgoing V70R AWD in the most hideous colour imaginable, I had a good mind to knock on the window and give him a good ticking off for ruining what would be a fantastic car by opting for it in the colour he had. It was vomit inducing!
    Haha, great. Do you mean the classic shape or current, sorry? And what colour was it in?

Thread Information