Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buick Park Lane/Holden Statesman

Buick Park Lane/Holden Statesman

PRESS RELEASE:
    Buick Drives on Park Avenue in China

Shanghai, China – Shanghai General Motors (Shanghai GM) has introduced the newest member of its Buick lineup, the Park Avenue luxury sedan.

Like the affluent New York City boulevard of the same name, Buick's Park Avenue is trendy and luxurious. With its range of advanced technologies and high-grade amenities, not to mention a stylish design that conveys a sense of power and passion, it is representative of traditional American luxury sedans.

"The Park Avenue is the perfect blend of tranquility and power," said Shanghai GM President Ding Lei. "It shows Buick's ability to move with the times while continuing to leverage GM's global resources and our local knowledge. Designed especially for business leaders and other elites, it is a component of our effort to maintain our leadership position in China by addressing the needs of all of our customers."

The Park Avenue is based on GM's new global rear-wheel-drive architecture to ensure a premium driving experience. At 5,175 mm in length, 1,899 mm in width and 1,480 mm in height, and with an impressive 3,009-mm wheelbase, the Park Avenue also offers a highly spacious ride.

The Park Avenue 's genuine leather seats are designed to accommodate people of varying sizes with 8-way power adjustment for the front seats. All seats incorporate a massage function. A high-quality entertainment system with LCD panels and an advanced heating, ventilation and air conditioning system offer the relaxation and comfort that one would expect of a luxury sedan. The Park Avenue 's GPS navigation system contains road information for more than 300 cities in China . The Bluetooth mobile phone system is also available.

Like all Buick products, the Park Avenue offers a high level of safety and peace of mind. It is equipped with the GM Local Area Network (GM-LAN) high-speed communication system, which is based on the top-of-the-line 32-bit 500 kb/second engine control system. W ith a signal transmission speed approaching real-time, information flow from various sensors is instantaneous, enhancing efficiency and safety. Further enhancing safety are six intelligent air bags for the driver and passengers.

The Park Avenue is powered by GM's smooth yet powerful AlloyTec V-6 engine, which accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.8 seconds. The engine control unit features the latest Bosch E77 32-bit ECM processor. With the Remote Engine Start (RES) function, the driver can start the engine up to 20 minutes in advance within 60 meters distance. The RES function also can adjust the temperature inside the car.

Customers have a choice of two engine displacements. The Park Avenue 's 3.6-liter engine generates maximum output of 187kW (250 hp) @ 6,500 rpm and maximum torque of 340 Nm @ 3,200 rpm. Its 2.8-liter engine offers maximum output of 150 kW (201 hp) @ 6,000 rpm and maximum torque of 265 Nm @ 3,000 rpm.

Shanghai GM is offering five Park Avenue variants: the 3.6-liter Flagship, which is priced at RMB 498,800; the 3.6-liter Elite, which is priced at RMB 388,800; the 2.8-liter Luxury, which is priced at RMB 458,800; the 2.8-liter Elite, which is priced at RMB 368,800; and the 2.8-liter Comfort, which is priced at RMB 328,800.
    Last edited by Mr. Jinx; 04-10-2007 at 04:37 PM.
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

Why the hell can they sell these in China but not the US?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    my thoughts exactly, well NA at least.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17 View Post
    my thoughts exactly, well NA at least.
    because bob lutz had a panic attack over mpg ratings and has put every RWD car GM was developing on hold....
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Because of your government and auto union. Plain and simple. They've made it nigh on impossible for GM to get Holden's in to the US. So you can have the G8 or this. Not both.

That is a shame, it would be something a bit different from Buick.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    A good car?

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    A good car?
    No, a Holden.

More……

More………………

More………

As unlikely as it is, I'd love to see the WM recieve these upgrades. Considering how (relatively), cheap the Caprice is, I think there is still room for this.
    uʍop ǝpısdn sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎɯ

This looks to be specced about the same as the Daewoo Caprice, which too is higher specced than the Holden Caprice.
    I am the Stig

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    OMG even a Harmon/Kardon sound system...i'm sick and tired of NA getting stuck with all these pieces of crap and the rest of the world getting amazing cars. Then these car companies wonder why they suffer billions of losses..umm maybe cause that car can't be found at my local dealer..THAT's Y!!
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Thread Information