Thread: Help with a website in dreamweaver?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help with a website in dreamweaver?

Hi all

i am currently creating a webiste for my kayaking club in dreamweaver, i can understand how to use it and i can read and use HTML however i now have a problem. We would like to create a members area but i don't know how to do it.

Does anyone have experience or Know of any tutorials that can help me?

thanks

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by DBR9 View Post
    Hi all

i am currently creating a webiste for my kayaking club in dreamweaver, i can understand how to use it and i can read and use HTML however i now have a problem. We would like to create a members area but i don't know how to do it.

Does anyone have experience or Know of any tutorials that can help me?

thanks

Matt
    I don't know about dreamweaver, but you need to create a php script. One containing the login page, with variables as username and password, one with the processing script hidden on the server and one with the executing script and the resulting page.

I'm not too much into the actual coding, but I can suggest you google for it or something. PHP is a difficult code and isn't learned in a day, such as HTML. I'm sure any good book shop also has some books about it...

Good Luck !

ok thanks for that, i understand php a bit, someone mentioned the same scripts as you before, im currently installing an extension to help with php, many thanks for pointing us in the right direction drakkie

Quote Originally Posted by DBR9 View Post
    ok thanks for that, i understand php a bit, someone mentioned the same scripts as you before, im currently installing an extension to help with php, many thanks for pointing us in the right direction drakkie
    You might want to try this:
    http://www.firepages.com.au/phpdev4u1.htm

It is a simple kit that let's you run your own localhost to test your scripts within 5 minutes ! Been kinda good to me a few times !

Thread Information