Thread: I've got my dSLR at last!

I've got my dSLR at last!

so i've bought my first dSLR at last. i was using two analogue SLRs before and I'm very much used to analogue photography so we'll see how i cope with it

got three lenses with it but i'll be using two of them - sony's 18-70 and 70-300; i also have sigma 28-105 from my analogue minolta but that'll stay for my dad

i also have sunpak powerlamp but i think i'm pretty sure i'll be buying something better before frankfurt motor show

some fast first shots of the camera

from that place i'd like to thank pieter and roy for helping me picking the right equipment

i'll have a chance to test the camera pretty tough as early as this weekend so i'm eagering to see the results of it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12 cylinders or walk!

Sony Alpha 100!!!! I hope to be getting one of them soon, or a Nikon D40, but recently i've wavered towards this, hope to get it after my exams. Can't wait for the pictures! Love the camera (as you can tell )

the D40 is a P.O.S and also not even close to being a direct competitor? seems a weird two options. Given those two I would go for the sony, but unless you have alot invested in KM glass I would go for a Nikon/Canon or wait for the new Sony's to come out. (I wasn't overly pleased with the build quality of the Sony A100 but it's got some really cool features that come in handy)
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    the D40 is a P.O.S and also not even close to being a direct competitor? seems a weird two options. Given those two I would go for the sony, but unless you have alot invested in KM glass I would go for a Nikon/Canon or wait for the new Sony's to come out. (I wasn't overly pleased with the build quality of the Sony A100 but it's got some really cool features that come in handy)
    I only want a budget dSLR - The Nikon D40 is the cheapest at £350 whereas the Sony is only £420, probably because the new ones are coming out... The new ones, however, will be much more expensive... D40 is very highly rated, especially good for absolute n00bs like me

Wow... that's some serious hardware! Have fun with it. I can't wait to see your photographies with all these lenses! Maybe more awesome Ferrari pictures for your website?
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

don't do D40, D50 is great but no longer so get a D80!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

D40 = no on camera focus motor (so if you get a D40 and a lens that doesn't have an AF motor built in, you'll be manually focusing)
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Wow... that's some serious hardware! Have fun with it. I can't wait to see your photographies with all these lenses! Maybe more awesome Ferrari pictures for your website?
    thankyou i can't say i didn't buy it because of that... that was the most pr0 camera i could buy as for my financial potential and i have prospects of some very interesting events just in the nearest future so i had to buy something
    12 cylinders or walk!

have fun with it i know i did when i first entered the dslr world.

Now go forth and hunt down those Minolta G lenses.....

Minolta branded lens will save you tons of dough if you can find them....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

sweet model indeed, got mine a couple of months ago with the same 18-70 and 75-300 lenses...
    i absolutly love it ! great buy and i wish you alot of great sightings
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

k i had oppurtunity to shot some pics with it... i was using whole spectrum of focal lenghts, shutter speeds, ISOs and so on... you can see the results for yourself at - http://laferrari.scuderiaferrari.pl/...an07/index.php
    12 cylinders or walk!

ok, so 15 months later and 13 thousand photos later, i'm equipped with brand new Canon 40D so far only one lens: 17 - 85 mm. probably i won't be buying longer one as for now, keeping sony for these shots

i won't have an opportunity to make any shoots as i'm leaving for sicily for two weeks this night. though when i come back i'll be making couple of photoshoots - of a Ferrari 348, Alfa SZ and Jaguar E-type among others. stay tuned
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dydzi; 08-01-2008 at 11:51 AM.
    12 cylinders or walk!

Very nice, I'm sure you'll get some great shots out of it. I have that 17-85 on my Rebel and love it.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Thread Information