Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air powered car

Air powered car

I just found this through a link on another site. Its a car from India that runs on compressed air. Pretty cool idea if I do say so myself

http://important-mohamooda.blogspot....ndia-soon.html
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

Question is: would you buy a car that runs on air?

its not like free energy, you need a compressor, then that takes electricity, which makes factories produce Batteries, which then the factories create smoke, polluting the air, making the ozone layer thinner, and killing us all. so its not much better than gasoline haha

Quote Originally Posted by 70cuda88 View Post
    its not like free energy, you need a compressor, then that takes electricity, which makes factories produce Batteries, which then the factories create smoke, polluting the air, making the ozone layer thinner, and killing us all. so its not much better than gasoline haha
    But again, even if it helps a bit, would you buy it? How exciting could an airpowered car be?

Were does it say anything about batteries?

A dedicated rotary air engine that "needs only 1 psi to overcome friction"

http://www.engineair.com.au/index.htm

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    I can't help wondering why no one thought of this earlier. There must be some reason why none of the major manufacturers have pursued this, or why they've all rejected this as a possibility.

Could someone translate the costs listed on the website into dollars, or at least euros, please?
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

It is interesting to say the least but it seems to me I'd rather have something powered by the Flintstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
    I can't help wondering why no one thought of this earlier. There must be some reason why none of the major manufacturers have pursued this, or why they've all rejected this as a possibility.

Could someone translate the costs listed on the website into dollars, or at least euros, please?
    The car costs a bit less than $8400 US to buy, and the refill (which takes you 300km) costs about two bucks.

That's not really an issue anymore.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy (in VA) View Post
    I always thought the oil companys buy patents for these kinds of systems so that they won't harm their own business.

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark View Post
    I always thought the oil companys buy patents for these kinds of systems so that they won't harm their own business.
    No, they could always use another method of making profit. Even they know that oil will run out someday.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    No, they could always use another method of making profit. Even they know that oil will run out someday.
    What do you mean "no"? That would be thinking ahead, your statement contradicts that.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

it probably runs on indian air. Which probably has enough gas in it to run anything. Atleast it smells like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    it probably runs on indian air. Which probably has enough gas in it to run anything. Atleast it smells like it.
    LMFAO.... i felt terrible laughing at it...

Thread Information