Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The epitome of American ignorance?

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    i happen to be a big nascar fan and a big dale jr fan. i actually used to hate jeff gordon too but as of late i have begun to like him because i feel bad for him and he puts up with soo much crap and sort of shakes it off which i can respect but lemme lay down an explaination for all your foreign types in here :^) (just foolin around guys)

Gordon was not Dale Sr. big rival, his biggest rival was actually darryl waltrip. and earnheardt fans dont hate gordon because of dale sr, they hate him because of jeff gordon. gordon is the anti-earnheardt. people see gordon as a spoiled little rich boy who has had everything handed to him on a silver platter by daddy. where as dale sr had to work his way up and had a really crappy life, but never gave up and finally got a big break and through hard work and perserverence he made it to the top...the American way. Dale Sr. personifies the American dream and thats why people love him.

now here is when the "ignorance" comes in. dale sr. came up the hard way but many could argue that dale jr didn't. and this is kind of true, without dale sr. its pretty doubtfull that dale jr would have ever become a driver. however it seems pretty clear that dale jr was never spoiled, his old man used to whoop his ass pretty hard. while jeff gordon was pretty much a spoiled little punk who never worked a day in his life (u know, the kind of kid who gets a brand new m3 for his first car in highschool and never worked a day in his life).

also, it should be noted that dale jr and jeff gordon are actually buds. jr even asked his fans not to throw anything, but if they had to throw something, they should throw toilet paper instead of beer, because they could hurt someone or damage a car with a beer can.

secondly...i know ignorance is a very popular word these days but the behavior of many nascar fans lately has nothing to do with ignorance. they are just being drunk and retarded and they dont like gordon because he's very different from them and he's a damn good driver.

as to those who talk crap on nascar fans, go ahead and get off your high horse! nascar fans might be rednecks but at least we arent eurotrash and ive never heard of anyone dying or getting seriously injured in a "nascar riots" (there's never been a nascar riot) so go ahead and clean up your own backyard before you talk crap about someone elses.
    That was a great post, until the last paragraph
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    That was a great post, until the last paragraph
    haha i gotta add a little fun to my essays

your sense of humour has immediately reached legendary status...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Your fun is somebody elses insult, just remember that
    I am the Stig

but it is an American insult, which has to be tolerated world wide or else...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

i happen to be a big nascar fan and a big dale jr fan. i actually used to hate jeff gordon too but as of late i have begun to like him because i feel bad for him and he puts up with soo much crap and sort of shakes it off which i can respect but lemme lay down an explaination for all your foreign types in here :^) (just foolin around guys)

Gordon was not Dale Sr. big rival, his biggest rival was actually darryl waltrip. and earnheardt fans dont hate gordon because of dale sr, they hate him because of jeff gordon. gordon is the anti-earnheardt. people see gordon as a spoiled little rich boy who has had everything handed to him on a silver platter by daddy. where as dale sr had to work his way up and had a really crappy life, but never gave up and finally got a big break and through hard work and perserverence he made it to the top...the American way. Dale Sr. personifies the American dream and thats why people love him.

now here is when the "ignorance" comes in. dale sr. came up the hard way but many could argue that dale jr didn't. and this is kind of true, without dale sr. its pretty doubtfull that dale jr would have ever become a driver. however it seems pretty clear that dale jr was never spoiled, his old man used to whoop his ass pretty hard. while jeff gordon was pretty much a spoiled little punk who never worked a day in his life (u know, the kind of kid who gets a brand new m3 for his first car in highschool and never worked a day in his life).

also, it should be noted that dale jr and jeff gordon are actually buds. jr even asked his fans not to throw anything, but if they had to throw something, they should throw toilet paper instead of beer, because they could hurt someone or damage a car with a beer can.

secondly...i know ignorance is a very popular word these days but the behavior of many nascar fans lately has nothing to do with ignorance. they are just being drunk and retarded and they dont like gordon because he's very different from them and he's a damn good driver.

as to those who talk crap on nascar fans, go ahead and get off your high horse! nascar fans might be rednecks but at least we arent eurotrash and ive never heard of anyone dying or getting seriously injured in a "nascar riots" (there's never been a nascar riot) so go ahead and clean up your own backyard before you talk crap about someone elses.
    I like your post, but you're going to have to explain the 'Gordon is a golden boy' statements. From what I recall, he started racing at a very young age, and was incredibly successful in quarter midgets and go kart series. From there, he got a bid in the Busch series and had two very good years, providing him a seat with Hendrick Motorsports. I'd call that 'hard-earned'. Dale Jr. on the other hand only has to sign his last name on a piece of paper for the people of NASCAR to recognize who he is. I doubt Jr.'s path up the racing ladder was no where near as long and difficult as Gordon's.

There, just had to let that out. I'm a Gordon fan so seeing stuff like this happen at Talladega (it's happened at least 2 or 3 other times to him) kind of upsets me considering Jeff is a great driver and an all around good guy.

The problem is that glass bottles aren't allowed at NASCAR events, and after chugging a cooler of New Castle on the steps of Atlanta motor speedway I will never forget that very stupid rule.

People hate Jeff Gordon because he will wreck his teammate to win. Also all southerners hate him because he enunciates well.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    People hate Jeff Gordon because he will wreck his teammate to win.
    He went out of his way to NOT wreck Jimmy Johnson at the race in, I believe Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    The problem is that glass bottles aren't allowed at NASCAR events, and after chugging a cooler of New Castle on the steps of Atlanta motor speedway I will never forget that very stupid rule
    Eh?! So you're saying it would be better if they had GLASS bottles to throw at cars instead of cans? Wouldn't that make it a hundred times worse/more dangerous?
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Eh?! So you're saying it would be better if they had GLASS bottles to throw at cars instead of cans? Wouldn't that make it a hundred times worse/more dangerous?
    They could implement the plastic 16 oz. bottle rule that they have in most American sporting venues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    He went out of his way to NOT wreck Jimmy Johnson at the race in, I believe Bristol.

True, but it was Martinsville. A couple of seasons ago he did wreck Jimmy Johnson for a win, though I can't remember which race. It wasn't the first time either. Sorry I can't site a better instance, but I'm not a NASCAR fan. I just live in the middle of NASCAR country and repeat what i hear at work on mondays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post

It would, BTW that was meant to be funny guess I should have used this " "

i know that, thats why i never hit below the belt or get dirty. i figure ya'll were calling nascar fans ignorant and hillbilly's and rednecks and stuff. all i said was to get off your horse and then i pointed out that people around the world get pretty stupid when it comes to sporting events, no area is exempt from stupidity.

i know that, thats why i never hit below the belt or get dirty. i figure ya'll were calling nascar fans ignorant and hillbilly's and rednecks and stuff. all i said was to get off your horse and then i pointed out that people around the world get pretty stupid when it comes to sporting events, no area is exempt from stupidity.
    Stupidity - no, Acting up on it - yes
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

ias to those who talk crap on nascar fans, go ahead and get off your high horse! nascar fans might be rednecks but at least we arent eurotrash and ive never heard of anyone dying or getting seriously injured in a "nascar riots" (there's never been a nascar riot) so go ahead and clean up your own backyard before you talk crap about someone elses.
    Guess what we've never heard of anyone getting injured in F1 or WRC "riots" either !!!
    Silly comparison.
    If you're going to take teh football hooligans then at least compare liek with like .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooliga...tes_and_Canada
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information