Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NISSAN R35 GTR, its f%*&$#G nice

Originally posted by Nildo
    Thanx 'Head, but actually I prefer the JZ80 twin turbo supra. Not as quick, but the motor is better for conversions. There is a guy I heard of that put one in a walkinshaw group A racing commodore! It was a good choice too, putting about 30% more power out at the wheels.
    oh good good
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Haha!

RB26DETT, thats the Skyline in the the web page that you gave us! I know because I'm not only a big fan of Nissans like you said you are, but I also live in Australia! Australia is alot closer to Japan than the USA plus Skylines are perfectly legal here, even with turbos and intercoolers. Are road laws arn't as strict as you.

The GT-R isn't even released yet, only the Skyline is. The Skyline and GT-R are completely different models - One is a coupe and the other one is a racing car.

The Skyline line has been rename the GT-R and the name Skyline is now being used for that new version of the car you see on the website below.

So, yes, that is CALLED the Skyline... but it is not related to the R34. The GT-R, however is still in concept. You can see images on the concept on my website.

I'm not calling you stupid because it is very confusing. I had to do some research on what I am talking about so I have got my facts straight. Also too, I love Nissans... hehe

the r32 r32.5 r33 and r34 were all called skylines but the r35 will be just named the nissan R35 GTR - skyline are for sedans
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

who know why did nissan go with a v engine and not inline engine. The inline engine is a symbol of the skyline.

Originally posted by bnr32
    who know why did nissan go with a v engine and not inline engine. The inline engine is a symbol of the skyline.
    a v6 has more power if you engineer it properly and it takes up less space also and itsmuch more reliable and it can stand two turbos better i think its a much more free engine also thats means it like less strained then an inline engine
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Having a V design for the skyline isn't so bad. What worries me is the news than nissan may opt to have two engines, one for Japan (the V6), the other for the international version being a V8. Presumably nissan is trying to get US market to pay attention by adding the much loved (by them!) V8 configuration. Personally, I reckon it is disgusting.

Straight or Vee pales in comparison to this insult. What is the point of the GTR if it isn't an over engineered, easily modified engine, built to produce serious power twin turbo six? If we get a V8, it won't be anywhere near as tunable, and all turbo set ups will be custom or aftermarket jobs. I don't know if it is certain though, so there is still hope.
    Last edited by Nildo; 06-30-2003 at 03:34 PM.

Thumbs down r35

it friggn sucks i like the originals better
    reminds me of and maxima i saw.

Originally posted by Nildo
    Having a V design for the skyline isn't so bad. What worries me is the news than nissan may opt to have two engines, one for Japan (the V6), the other for the international version being a V8. Presumably nissan is trying to get US market to pay attention by adding the much loved (by them!) V8 configuration. Personally, I reckon it is disgusting.

Straight or Vee pales in comparison to this insult. What is the point of the GTR if it isn't an over engineered, easily modified engine, built to produce serious power twin turbo six? If we get a V8, it won't be anywhere near as tunable, and all turbo set ups will be custom or aftermarket jobs. I don't know if it is certain though, so there is still hope.
    stupid americans - why can't they just use the bloody v6 - whats their problem - i hope those americans realise something - a jap v6 is as good or maybe even better than their own american v8 but this is nissans work and its up to them - i think the new skyline will be a hit
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

American and japanese approaches to maximizing power reflect culture. one is not "better" than the other, jsut different.

The Japanese culture goes for a minimalist approach. it believes in only using extreme powere when there is no other choice. which is why they decided to design LIGHTER cars and more efficient engines to achieve high rates of speed. That is also why they embraced turbo instead of supercharging as their preferred form of forced induction....lighter. The lighter the car the less power you need to go fast. And since turbo truly "boosts" power and speed they maximized the strength of their smaller 4 cylinder and V6 engines.

America is all about power, bravado. Having the biggest stick. That's why cars got HUGE. And to make a huge car go fast Americans adopted the big engine philosophy. American engines do have raw power but that power is offest because the car itself is so much heavier than its japanese counterpart. but American cars ARE good. They can go fast. The approach is different. Sometimes going al or power can lead to inefficiency and wasted effort but that's ust the approach Americans take.

right nic. still, i reckon americans should bite the bullet and accept the 6. Unlike the rb26 it isn't a small capacity six (3.3-3.6 litres) and has huge potential. One engineer was talking about 330 kw (445 hp), which is more than the V8 is claimed to produce. it just annoys me because the skyline had some history and that is being compromised for the sake of basic appeal in the US.

Nice car, ill guess it will look the same but does anyone know what size the alloy wheels on it are because they look mad.

just love those generalisations!

Interesting comments Nicademus. Can't forge beauty with a hammer though eh?

Nissan aren't stupid. Its become a very well respected name and they won't miss out on selling it.

How many other cars do you know that are so damn ugly that your better-half thinks you have finally lost the plot. Isn't it hugely satisfying to want a toy car that has no looks whatever. I mean it really is ugly. But then, eye to eye with the devil, what did you expect to see.

I like the new Skyline range and I am sure the new GT-R35 coupe incarnation WILL be stunning.

Remember when everyone else was deciding if the GOLF GTi would get its street cred back or how the BMW 750iL could depreciate so much.... they crept in with all that bonkers technology which no-one understands and said 'there you go - chip that'.

My point being: Nissan did NOTHING for me before the Skyline popped up. Then all of a sudden, I became all religious and started taking Japanese cars seriously. I wish the UK would learn from the Japanese in terms of their insight and willing to look at things in new ways.

Nicademus - Probably politically incorrect but your assumation sounds plausible and sadly true imo. The US car market doesn't seem to innovate and relies on 'big sticks to try to make it go faster'. Strange - I wonder what size engines Boeings would have if someone hadn't invented the Jet Engine. 54466 litre big bore cubic block cc thingy jobba whatsit

) that'll upset the natives.

Pssst...come here.....hey....any Ford boys here?? the RS Focus. its pants! pass it on. know what i mean? pale almost translucent legs with blue veins...white skirt...white shoes...ankle chain.....white handbag...bleached hair...know what i mean. pants. sum1 broke the 4x4 and stuffed a potato up the exhaust......215hp......pffft.....pants....u ain't seen me, ok?
    Last edited by stomith; 07-07-2003 at 05:34 PM.

political correctness drains the truth out of reality.

A FAT woman is not "big boned". Dinosaurs have big bones, that woman is fat.

LOL.

it IS true and it shouldn't be made or taken offensively.

but i agree with you

the R35 is nice but id rather have the R34

damn these pics are old!!! I saved them on my computer about a year ago!!!

Thread Information