Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferrari 308 N/A 400 Hp? Really???

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    http://www.ferraris-online.com/pages...=FE-308M-22409

Here it is said that the engine can be tuned up to 400 BHP.....Sheehan is not just somebody, so there might be an element of truth in there.
    The standard 308 Michelottos got about 315 BHP with Kugelfisher fuel injection.
    I'm not saying I don't believe it, but I'd like to know in which condtions this engine would be producing 400bhp.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It was definitely naturally aspirated, and fuel-injected. I've seen pictures the guy took during the build since my last post, and he built the car from a stripped bodyshell...

Custom cast aluminum control arms, limited-slip diff, a host of custom-machined or racing engine internals, drilled Brembo brakes (looks like almost the same setup as my STi!), extensive chassis triangulation and titanium stiffening, coilovers, F-355 seats, etc.

It's very, very ****ing impressive, if this old Quail's book, and it all adds up to a 308 with 288 GTO performance, A.K.A., a 360-chaser.

And a better looker than anything Ferrari's produced since, ITQHO, even if it is a denatured Fiat.

So, maybe it's more like 375hp. At this point, after talking with the builder for a few hours, I don't even care. It's still easily the most thouroughly fettled streetable 308 I've ever heard of, and it lives in Arkansas.

Suck it.

Thread Information