Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not made here...

The weight of the latest ones doesnt help. No doubt if 1500kg Falcons werent a thing of the past, they'd be able to do something about it, but maybe they'll get it next time.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd View Post
    Don't point out its FWD chassis - that isn't holding the Aurion back from selling. The only things I can think of are doubts about Mitsubishi's long term future and the poor resale of the 380 (you can already find very mileage eighteen month old 380 VRXs in the mid 20K range, compared with the high $30K new price).
    The guy I sold my Magna to yesterday mentioned he recently saw '06 Falcons (obviously low km) going for $20k at the Pickles auction in ACT

Btw I've driven an AWD Magna and they are far superior to the FWD version, have substantially less FWD feel & feedback through the wheel if you know what I mean

Also, that article made the Aurion out to be a heap of crap when its comes to cornering - but then again, we all go tearing around a racetrack every weekend don't we?
    Cyco does minus track.

Having driven both - I'd agree that the Commodore is better dynamically, but at the sort of speeds that 99% of us would drive at on public roads that gap isn't that great. After all, neither are meant to be sports cars and both can comfortably do double the recommended speed on most tighter corners.
    Omega You really got to take a 195 for a ride it makes the 180 engine feel even worse. The 180 engine and 4 speed auto are very much under par with anything other then granny speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i suspect your car was turned into a marshmallow after having 5 less than lightwieght guys placed within it the chassis never recovered!
    Yeah he should have bought a VP
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    Ive drivan a VE SS but not a Berlina I was pretty liked the ss alot it was a great peice of equipment. But if the Berlinas anything like an omega (unless it was a true bargin) id give it a miss.
    I think the berlina went back a step to it's roots.. More based on a base car with calais options tossed in for cheap, I would only have a berlina with 6lt 6 speed auto Fe2.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Actually there is no SV8 any more. There's the SS which is same as the old SV8, the lowest spec sport V8 model, then there's the SS-V if you want a fancy interior and big wheels.
    That was what I was trying to say.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information