Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holden & Ford Fail Quality Test, Says New Survey

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    It seems theres confusion over whether the Camry is a large or medium sized car Most likely they meant to put Aurion under large...
    Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Surprising the Falcon rates so low seeing the BA/BF are at the end of their model cycle and suprised the Commodore rated better than the Falcon seeing its a new model.
    The figures are from Jan - June 2006. So the Aurion and VE were not on the market.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    Ok ill bite What proof do you have they dont? You have proven several times by adding 4 odd word posts that you either like to say very little or know very little and never add anything in the process!

Ok now you post your proof and ill post mine.

Nows your chance son now either put up or shut up
    from experience thinking of 6 people of the top of my head have had wrxs and stis and had no issues at all with the gearbox. in addition the gearboxes get absolutely flogged

your statement was general and sweeping

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    looking at the position of the VWs I can only laugh. Either these are made in Australia, or the quality standards in Oz differ completely from what we are used to....
    Most, if not all, VWs in Australia are made in South Africa.

They arnt as much of a problem now that they have switched to the 6 speeder but they still arnt the strongest box. I know one case where hes already had several problems and ive got some good friends who work at our local STI dealer (rolfe group) so if he wants to trash talk hes welcome to
    But is the weak link the box or idiots behind the wheel dumping the clutch at the redline because it's an AWD?

What a crock. Theres alot of cars there that I know are shit and many that rated well early have poor longevity (as slick pointed out) mitsu outlandish top of the light 4x4 list that made me laugh and vectra getting a 50% rateing Its more then that and theres a 100% chance of major mechnaical and computer woes in the near future of ALL them. And subaru wrxs and sti version to this day are takeing off fast and leaving their gearboxes behind.....

They seem to only caputre bit and peices of the market I noticed some very unpopular euro cars in there but none of the more popular models (ie renault megane) and fancy VW bottoming most lists (and even a reverse podium in the med cars)

Now here something I dont beleive either the adventra being the most unreliable car on the study? I call B/S to that ive been selling parts for them for years and while they may be slow,unnecconmoical and handle like a boat but they ahure as shit do one thing well (unless you take them off road) and thats hold together.

And you used an oxymoron slick you said build standards and GM US int he same sentance

Some neat stats but for the most part I call B/S

What got me was the barina was better then the focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    looking at the position of the VWs I can only laugh. Either these are made in Australia, or the quality standards in Oz differ completely from what we are used to....
    Australian standards arn't set that much higer then above average, But the jurno's standards are unachievable.
    the defintly arnt made here. I ofetn dispute our journalists here I blame them for these relusts not the cars.
    They belive the falcon commodore or any car they test must be the greatest quality money can buy, Even if the cars are not expensive they must feel like there worth millions.. Our jurno's are shit really are shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
    The figures are from Jan - June 2006. So the Aurion and VE were not on the market.
    Now that makes sence just goes to show how dum they are, Everyone is going to read it and judge the new cars on that now, But in 12 months many things can change early problems can be fixed niggles can be ironed out they are tools.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by bypopulardemand View Post
    from experience thinking of 6 people of the top of my head have had wrxs and stis and had no issues at all with the gearbox. in addition the gearboxes get absolutely flogged

your statement was general and sweeping
    Well they are not a box that suffers fools lightly no where near as bad as the early 90s mazda awds.

But still working closely with a subaru dealership thay are known to be a weak link (classy does have a point its a combination of both) I know several such cars that needed them replaced (in one case and this is a person i know personally in a new sti has had 3 so far) front shafts are also a major issue too gearboxes are the most espensive and one of the most common problems in wrxs that have been thrashed.

A majority of what i said then was general and sweeping I said i call bs and gave several relevant examples why I beleive this it so. And your answer is general and sweeping too no detial no info no indications on your qualifications to comment but at least you manged more then a sentance this time
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Another one is the holden 5 speed manual was never known as a shit box.. It was known to be pretty strong i think for might have used it also?? Could be wrong??... Anyway i know one bloke who has blown 2 of them because he added a Toyota blower.. And yet so many are after that conversion auto to manual.

If you blow a T5 that's a serious effort.

T-5s are not the best in heavily modified cars (but still plenty of potential there peter hollinger modded plenty for the sierra/mustang/v8 supercars in his time) and std/mild applications thay are a good box. Not bullet proof but not too bad either.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

The intellectual superiority and manufacturing superiority of the Japanese continues to amaze me.

God bless Asia!

Meanwhile, Europe continues to design and manufacture absolute sh*t like the Audi Q7 and the BMW X5...

Unbelievable.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

T-5s are not the best in heavily modified cars (but still plenty of potential there peter hollinger modded plenty for the sierra/mustang/v8 supercars in his time) and std/mild applications thay are a good box. Not bullet proof but not too bad either.
    I know a few guys who race in IPRA and the T5 is near indestructible, the top guy in SA has had his in for 4 years without a failure. He runs a sr20det in a Datto 1200 with a solid centre clutch and full spool diff so the shock loadings are horrendous. He's in the process of converting it to a CR dog box so he can flat change and of course the noise of a dog box
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    I know a few guys who race in IPRA and the T5 is near indestructible, the top guy in SA has had his in for 4 years without a failure. He runs a sr20det in a Datto 1200 with a solid centre clutch and full spool diff so the shock loadings are horrendous. He's in the process of converting it to a CR dog box so he can flat change and of course the noise of a dog box
    As i said they where used in v8 supercars and group a for a while

And the story goes that Eddy Tassone used a std one with an uprated clutch on dyno runs wether thats true or not I dont know eddy doesnt like some of the people I associate with (judges and an opposing team youd think he was bitter about the whole nos thing)

Quote Originally Posted by john14 View Post
    The intellectual superiority and manufacturing superiority of the Japanese continues to amaze me.

God bless Asia!

Meanwhile, Europe continues to design and manufacture absolute sh*t like the Audi Q7 and the BMW X5...

Unbelievable.
    Lexus makes the RX, Toyota makes the Kluger and Prado, etc. The X5 and Q7 aren't terrible cars, they're just pointless SUVs.

Surveys such as this one can be taken with a grain of salt.
    There is no distinction between a small fault (ie: a rattle) and a major fault (ie: an engine failure).
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd View Post
    Surveys such as this one can be taken with a grain of salt.
    There is no distinction between a small fault (ie: a rattle) and a major fault (ie: an engine failure).
    Tis true and we dont know wether these faults are fixable faults (a rattle problem that can be fixed) or precieved faults (ie the rocks in the dirvers head are rattling and they assume its the car) and beleive me there are plenty of people out there who arnt happy with their perfectly fine car and the claim faults and fight and argue there is a problem .

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    If you blow a T5 that's a serious effort.
    Yes and i think i still wont one..

Thread Information