0 0%
  • Sauc3

22 42.31%
  • Bonsai

3 5.77%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: General Photography Competition #89 [Voting]

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    When will you finally understand that being sarcastic has nothing to do with being a moderator? Weren't you here in those days when I wasn't a mod? If you were then you must remember I was even more sarcastic. If you insist on being a cry-baby then do me a favour and go cry anywhere else.
    No, its just that anyone who isnt a mod gets the look-down treatment from some of the mods. Being a mod doesnt make you smarter or more knowledgeable than any other member. It also doesnt give you the moral freedom to act sarcastic, even if you did used to before you were a mod. Maybe your 'mod' status should inspire you to look more fairly upon the rest of the members. A.K.A less of the sarcasm. That's all I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Are you allowed to edit your shots there? Nobody said you delivered poor work.
    Yes, photoshop in my art photography class is like a canvas in a fine art class. I merely wanted to imply that if a photo is edited it does not make it a bad photo. Many people get flamed to death in these threads because they disagree with the fact that every entry has to be camera-to-comp. That rule alone makes the competition itself less diverse. Devoted photography-comp websites allow a certain amount of photoshop editing. We arent talking photo chopping-comps here. That's all I wanted to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    Yes, photoshop in my art photography class is like a canvas in a fine art class. I merely wanted to imply that if a photo is edited it does not make it a bad photo. Many people get flamed to death in these threads because they disagree with the fact that every entry has to be camera-to-comp. That rule alone makes the competition itself less diverse. Devoted photography-comp websites allow a certain amount of photoshop editing. We arent talking photo chopping-comps here. That's all I wanted to say.
    I didn't make the rules (drakkie did), but as long as we have these rules we should all follow them. Seeing as it is difficult to check the images, the competition is based on trust. If someone violates that trust, it makes it a lot harder to believe that person again.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    No, its just that anyone who isnt a mod gets the look-down treatment from some of the mods. Being a mod doesnt make you smarter or more knowledgeable than any other member. It also doesnt give you the moral freedom to act sarcastic, even if you did used to before you were a mod. Maybe your 'mod' status should inspire you to look more fairly upon the rest of the members. A.K.A less of the sarcasm. That's all I ask.
    I wonder why are you the only one complaining about my sarcasm...
    That look-down treatment is only real in your head. When I think something I say it, that's just it. I could be cynical like many people, but it's just not my style. Sorry if you can't stand it.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    I find it amazing that it is over, they cheat and then get away with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    but had it been my decision, Drakkie wouldn't be taking part in these competitions for a while.
    Then do it.

Or if UCP's forum rules implies that someone who breaks the rules gets reprimanded in a way that he would get flame for a couple of weeks, then might as well you don't defend our arguments on your actions.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    I'm on W's side on this one. I have no idea to what extent Cotterik was involved but had it been my decision, Drakkie wouldn't be taking part in these competitions for a while.

I discussed about it with him. I took a decision. I don't think he's gonna cheat again (and as I stated, if he does, he'll be permanently banned from the comps), but I may be mistaken. If Wouter thinks that's not enough, he's free to do what he thinks to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    I wonder why are you the only one complaining about my sarcasm...
    I did too a few months ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117 View Post
    I discussed about it with him. I took a decision. I don't think he's gonna cheat again (and as I stated, if he does, he'll be permanently banned from the comps), but I may be mistaken. If Wouter thinks that's not enough, he's free to do what he thinks to be good.
    You are in charge.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

One possibility would be to make a poll, asking UCP users what they think would be appropriate. But this isnt a democracy is it

I would be comforable for a ban for a month with a maximum of 3 months for not-adhearing to the current rules.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    One possibility would be to make a poll, asking UCP users what they think would be appropriate.

Those who like the concerned member would vote for a low penalty, those who hate him for a strong penalty...

Well dont aim it at a single user. Just an esablished penalty for users who would violate the competition rules.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Can we just make it so there are NO edits, whatsoever alowed?

This would make it much easier on everyone and there would be no arguements as to what edits can be done and what qualifies as one.

I know some people like to edit but these long arguments and accusations are pathetic. Just make it a simple matter, NO edits after the shot is taken.

Did anyone even read my apologies ? For me the matter is closed, but you seem to keep on going about it ! Let it go !

Please people... I stuck my head in the sand on purpose in this matter, after my apologies, perhaps also because I was very stressed out and needed to think about a lot of things at that time. I hope you can understand it, because I lost a person very close to me.

After this I am time after time confronted with a administrator that clearly hates me and i think would prefer to ban me, becuase my views dont line up with his. Kind of childish bullying is the result now. I am quite tired of it now W. IMO a real admin would correct me, be forgiving etcetera.

I'd love to meet up and talk the matters through if you like while enjoying a beer somewhere. I also do this because my English is reasonable, but i sometimes have trouble to get my points across the way I like and am misunderstood then. Beers on me.

ps:

I have surely behaved liek a jerk to some, but i have grown up now and atleast try to not do so anymore. Offcourse you do that to me now often..
    Last edited by drakkie; 05-14-2007 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Can we just make it so there are NO edits, whatsoever alowed?

This would make it much easier on everyone and there would be no arguements as to what edits can be done and what qualifies as one.

I know some people like to edit but these long arguments and accusations are pathetic. Just make it a simple matter, NO edits after the shot is taken.
    Or, let's allow moderate editing like any normal photo competition would. This would make it much easier on everyone and there would be no arguements as to what edits can be done and what qualifies as one.
    My other signature has a V12

Oh yeah, cause we do that now and nobody gets confused/breaks rules.

This has all been done before. About 2 months ago. Same argument, same debates, same decisions.

Thread Information