Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Peugeot 406 Coupé as first car?

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Peugeot design FTW!
    And I think Pieter would be wise in suggesting a diesel, these are pretty hefty cars, the hdi would give you more low range grunt.
    I hope you mean Pininfarina design mate The last nice looking peugeot designed peugeot I have seen is ages ago... 205 GTi The rest is just plain ugly...

And offcourse you should definately not forgot that a diesel is much easier to drive for an inexperienced driver You won't believe how my first drive in a petrol went after doing all my lessons in a diesel Since you also live near Paris (= busy roads) the diesel is also easier. It is much more comfortable and easier in traffic jams because you dont need to rev it, but can just let the clutch come up. It's much cheaper and better for the environment too

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117 View Post
    Diesel? Never!
    Great, you know what you are doing. Now go and find a 3-litre V6!
    You must be joking...
    After seeing one the other day in the street it's not as fugly as I thought. But compared to this, it's a huge disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    I hope you mean Pininfarina design mate The last nice looking peugeot designed peugeot I have seen is ages ago... [COLOR=White]205 GTi [COLOR=Black]The rest is just plain ugly...
    You might be interested to know that the 205 is Pininfarina effort too.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

You must be joking...
    no he is not, the 407 is a classic example how to ruin a classic design
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Peugeot design FTW!
    And I think Pieter would be wise in suggesting a diesel, these are pretty hefty cars, the hdi would give you more low range grunt.
    and another 400 Euros for a new chip and you'll leave the V6 standing...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I hope you mean Pininfarina design mate The last nice looking peugeot designed peugeot I have seen is ages ago... 205 GTi The rest is just plain ugly...

And offcourse you should definately not forgot that a diesel is much easier to drive for an inexperienced driver You won't believe how my first drive in a petrol went after doing all my lessons in a diesel Since you also live near Paris (= busy roads) the diesel is also easier. It is much more comfortable and easier in traffic jams because you dont need to rev it, but can just let the clutch come up. It's much cheaper and better for the environment too
    Exactly, lower inertia and it's harder to stall a diesel

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    and another 400 Euros for a new chip and you'll leave the V6 standing...
    I know where my money's going now!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Exactly, lower inertia and it's harder to stall a diesel
    Actually there are diesels that are very easy to stall. And there are petrols which are difficult to stall.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Actually there are diesels that are very easy to stall. And there are petrols which are difficult to stall.
    and there are those who can't drive...

lolz, my friend's Dad's old '05 Mondeo Estate TDCi for one...

Motion & Emotion

and there are those who can't drive...
    Yes, those choose automatics.
    Visca Catalunya!

My Mum can't drive auto's... Yet her manual gearchanges suck...

Motion & Emotion

Yes, those choose automatics.
    or stall diesels...

or stall diesels...
    Diesels can be stalled. Not all diesels are the same, and they aren't perfect either.
    Visca Catalunya!

Diesels can be stalled. Not all diesels are the same, and they aren't perfect either.
    some people want immediate full power at low revs....and they stall it...you can move all diesels with out touching the throttle, and most al the way up to third gear...

some people want immediate full power at low revs....and they stall it...you can move all diesels with out touching the throttle, and most al the way up to third gear...
    I've read reviews were the journalist complained of how easy was the car with a diesel engine to stall. I personally couldn't care less, but perhaps not all diesels are that easy to drive.
    Visca Catalunya!

1) What's wrong with the 406 (pre-facelift), 206 and 306?
    2) Actually, it depends on what you're used to. Driving a petrol first-off was no trouble for me, but getting used to making the most of the limited powerband on a diesel sucked big time.
    3) You're wrong there, too! You're forgetting that diesels, whilst not emitting much carbon dioxide, have nasty levels of nitrogen dioxide.

Thread Information