Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Peugeot 406 Coupé as first car?

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117 View Post
    You must be joking...
    I've already stated my opinion eslewhere on these forums and that I agree with Ingolsdadt, it IS FUGLY. You just go and get that 406 and appreciate a pretty coupe rather than a bloated carp.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Piacki- it's a beautiful car. Buy it and or sell it if things don't work out.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Piacki- it's a beautiful car. Buy it and or sell it if things don't work out.
    Yes, apart from my obvious preference for the propulsion unit, the car itself figures high on my list, should i want a less practical but more style oriented vehicle. It really looks like a Modena for everyday use....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Speaking of which Henk, what defines your need for such a practical car if you don't mind me asking? Just curious.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Speaking of which Henk, what defines your need for such a practical car if you don't mind me asking? Just curious.
    it needs to be able to carry tons of luggage, two racing bikes, the UCP ladder and some people at the same time....(in good comfort and with a low fuel bill)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    it needs to be able to carry tons of luggage, two racing bikes, the UCP ladder and some people at the same time....(in good comfort and with a low fuel bill)
    Ah yes, the UCP ladder, what make of road bike do you have? I've a trusty old 1988 Peugeot roadracer that I share with my Dad, it's a beautiful piece of kit.

Motion & Emotion

Ah yes, the UCP ladder, what make of road bike do you have? I've a trusty old 1988 Peugeot roadracer that I share with my Dad, it's a beautiful piece of kit.
    Jan Janssen Vector (Just take out the front wheel and she will go in through the back door, with the saddle sitting tight against the roof.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Jan Janssen Vector (Just take out the front wheel and she will go in through the back door, with the saddle sitting tight against the roof.
    nice! We keep our Peugeot in my grandparents barn at their house in the south of France, took it down there on the boot of the old 1.8T A6, then spent absolutely ages cleaning flies from it when we got there... my usual bike (Jeep Comanche TSI) just about fits in the boot of the Mazda with the seat folded both wheels on and the removed and just about squeezes into the boot of the A6 with no rear wheel. Are you into long-distance cycling and if so how far do you usually go?

Motion & Emotion

Nice car. Go for it. And besides, a Pinifarina designed Peugeot is kind of a legend in your Country...
    orangeferrari.blog.com

Get one, and make sure there is a V6 under the bonnet. It also comes with four pot brembo brakes as seen on a Lotus Esprit.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Peugeot design FTW!
    O RLY?

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    O RLY?
    You forgot the 1007. Altough I guess that would've been too scary.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    You forgot the 1007. Altough I guess that would've been too scary.
    He's only a young boy, that'd be child abuse.

Try and find an hdi, and if you buy it change that horrid factory disguised tail pipe, it's ridiculous.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    1) What's wrong with the 406 (pre-facelift), 206 and 306?
    2) Actually, it depends on what you're used to. Driving a petrol first-off was no trouble for me, but getting used to making the most of the limited powerband on a diesel sucked big time.
    3) You're wrong there, too! You're forgetting that diesels, whilst not emitting much carbon dioxide, have nasty levels of nitrogen dioxide.
    1) Boring, conservative cars. That was kind of the strategy of PSA back then, look at the Citroen models of then too...

2) Anyone heard of a TurboDiesel No really, the diesels I have driven (Avensis D4D and Primera 2.0 and 2.2 TDi) were not at all limited by a narrow powerband... Whatever your used to I guess indeed !

3) Nope The current particle filters do their job well. CO2 levels are also a LOT lower. Hydrogen cars are the worst polluters in a odd way

Thread Information