View Poll Results: To what extent should we allow editing in the photo comps, according to you ?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Any editing should be allowed

3 6.98%
  • Only slight editing should be allowed, such as contrast/saturation adjusts

20 46.51%
  • Editing shouldn't be allowed in any way

20 46.51%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Editing in the Photo Competitions

Jesus Christ Drakkie, get over yourself already! You bring more problems than solutions to this thread / forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    As you can see on the poll results many people are unsatisfied with it. I just suggested a possible solution to this stand-off. The endless debates here seem to never find a proper solution, so I came with an idea to end them. You seem to not even want to end this stand-off or give a constructive idea or whatever it is called...
    Problem is YOU CAUSED THESE DEBATES!

and any constructive solution is tainted by the fact that most members do not wish for you to be able to participate in these contests!

As much as it pains me to say it, this is about you.....but it's not. so stay out. Stop acting like a victim when you knew full well what you were doing.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

"Photoshop made me do it."

- drakkie, 2007

As you can see on the poll results many people are unsatisfied with it.
    Not with the comp, just a part of its rules. And 47% of the votants are satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117 View Post
    And 47% of the votants are satisfied.
    And all the voters as well.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Just wondering, since digital cameras had more and more functions.

What if they started to include easy-to-use point and click 'editing' within the camera's UI, so that RAW images can be somehow edited in those high end DSLRs (which is actually something illegal in UCP comp).

I know my assumption is hypothetically impossible, but just WHAT IF ? (i.e changing a blue sky to a sunset sky)

Would that be illegal as well? How would you control then?
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    You'd controll it by alowing no edits what so ever, of course

Did you yourself pay the almost 3000$, that it costs ? Prove it then and stop complaining!
    What the hell kind of crack have you been smoking now? CS2 cost me $285 since I'm a student.

Is all the software on your computer? Didn't you ever download a song?
    Yes and yes. But stealing a $700 computer program and a $0.50 song are two very very different things.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Just wondering, since digital cameras had more and more functions.

What if they started to include easy-to-use point and click 'editing' within the camera's UI, so that RAW images can be somehow edited in those high end DSLRs (which is actually something illegal in UCP comp).

I know my assumption is hypothetically impossible, but just WHAT IF ? (i.e changing a blue sky to a sunset sky)

The Pentax K10D can process RAW shots and convert them to JPEGs in camera, though I'm not sure what's the extent of the adjustments you can make.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    What the hell kind of crack have you been smoking now? CS2 cost me $285 since I'm a student.
    US prices are so much lower. check this link. CS3 will cost me atleast 2000 dollars if I would buy it. AFAIK Adobe sells no student licenses that would be valid for my studies.

https://store2.adobe.com/cfusion/sto...ionMethod=FULL

Yes and yes. But stealing a $700 computer program and a $0.50 song are two very very different things.
    Not really stealing is stealing. I wonder when police will come at your door and they'll sue you

I doubt it, arrest is a more likely occurence.

$3000? You're an idiot. Even here, Great Britain, where prices are absolutely ballyhoo, you pay $1000 max for a legitimate copy of Photoshop. Or, heaven forbid, you can pay $120 here for a copy of Photoshop Elements, which will do all the small edits you so badly want. So you don't need the big one, right?

Or... were you planning to cheat?!?!?!! OMGZZ!! NO!.... yeah, whatever.

I still doubt yours is legal. You've always been a slimy, conniving kind of fellow not ready to own up to his mistakes.

And anyway- the debate is over, and the rules have stayed the same. Just as predicted.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    I doubt it, arrest is a more likely occurence.

$3000? You're an idiot. Even here, Great Britain, where prices are absolutely ballyhoo, you pay $1000 max for a legitimate copy of Photoshop. Or, heaven forbid, you can pay $120 here for a copy of Photoshop Elements, which will do all the small edits you so badly want. So you don't need the big one, right?
    I do. I use it quite often for school, you'd be surprised about the amount of it, which requires things which elements won't do... Also ones I don't enter I take out things like reflections and play around a bit. I also use it for one of my many jobs, which is creating flyers for parties of many befriended DJ's, among which quite succesful ones some regional Dutchies might know.

Or... were you planning to cheat?!?!?!! OMGZZ!! NO!.... yeah, whatever.

I still doubt yours is legal. You've always been a slimy, conniving kind of fellow not ready to own up to his mistakes.
    It is. However i won't send anyone my serial number...

And anyway- the debate is over, and the rules have stayed the same. Just as predicted.

Against the majority of the votes !! Most people that voted against editing barely enter anyway !! Can't you all except defeat ? Should this poll have been started in the first place if the outcome wouldn't matter anyway ?

Honestly I find it pretty sad that members that act to be better then anyone else, can't even take their loss.

[/furious rant]

Against the majority of the votes !! Most people that voted against editing barely enter anyway !! Can't you all except defeat ? Should this poll have been started in the first place if the outcome wouldn't matter anyway ?
    Are you blind or do you have problems to read properly? Sam pointed out that the rules will stay the way they are. So the limited amount of editing will remain allowed as it has always been. Now who exactly has been 'defeated'? Maybe the people that voted to have all editing allowed, all three of them. Hmmm and one of those happens to be you. So who exactly is having problems accepting 'defeat'?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

and if people were allowed to edit as much as they want, we probably wouldn't enter at all
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

US prices are so much lower. check this link. CS3 will cost me atleast 2000 dollars if I would buy it. AFAIK Adobe sells no student licenses that would be valid for my studies.

https://store2.adobe.com/cfusion/sto...ionMethod=FULL

Not really stealing is stealing. I wonder when police will come at your door and they'll sue you
    Wow, sucks for you. Straight from Adobe it's only like $800. There are third party websites that you can order from if you are just a student in general, if you want I can go look up where I got mine from.

You seem to have very loose definitions of what is right and what is wrong.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Thread Information