Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh damn!

That's a bummer man, no doubt that sucks. Any chance that it qualifies under your countries lemon laws?

Clivey, how many miles does the car have?

Ours is from February 2005 with 58,200km on the clock and no problems at all.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Clivey, how many miles does the car have?

Ours is from February 2005 with 58,200km on the clock and no problems at all.
    He said that it has done 75,000.

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman View Post
    He said that it has done 75,000.
    My bad...
    Visca Catalunya!

My bad...
    Happens to everyone.

If this is used for driving lessons then I'm sure that it has taken some real abuse.

Yeouch! Looks like somebody's knocked a curb with it too, the wheel looks a litte bent, maybe from impact though... I'm guessing your Dad's now using the purple Mini?

How steep is your drive exactly..? And how was it found? Just heard a BANG and find the car devouring your home?

Ps. Vauxhalls have always had useless handbrakes... ALWAYS leave a Vauxhall in gear.

You never seem to have much luck with cars in your family Clive... PolOH NO!, your run in with the (stolen?) BMW...
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 05-19-2007 at 05:09 AM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Yeouch! Looks like somebody's knocked a curb with it too, the wheel looks a litte bent, maybe from impact though... I'm guessing your Dad's now using the purple Mini?
    That was done in the impact - the wheel trim's fallen off becasue the wheel rim bent. The wheel and tyre (and suspension etc.) were what was holding the car where it was, if it'd just hit the garage door, it'd have gone straight through.

The car's been recovered now, I've got some more pics that I'll post of the actual damage when I can be bothered to go and fetch the camera, resize and upload them. There's £3,500 worth of damage tot he car, apparently.

How steep is your drive exactly..? And how was it found? Just heard a BANG and find the car devouring your home?
    The drive's only a slight slope at the top (where the MINI was parked), but it drops down (14%) to the house. Big ouch for the car...just glad it hit the garage door and only caught the wall - if it'd hit the wall head on it would have written the car off.

I had my best friend round for the afternoon, we were just playing on his XBox 360 when Dad walked in and started chatting to us, next thing we hear is a massive bang - Looking out of my bedroom window revealed what'd happened.

Ps. Vauxhalls have always had useless handbrakes... ALWAYS leave a Vauxhall in gear.
    Mine does, but I can't agree that all do (we've never had that before with a V'hall). I leave mine in gear all the time anyway, even on a flat road. Our drive has claimed two victims so far, the "Death Shed" Mondeo and the Mini.

You never seem to have much luck with cars in your family Clive... PolOH NO!, your run in with the (stolen?) BMW...
    Don't start...I don't even know what the hell to do about my car.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

A friend of mine was driving his 2004 Mini One back home around 1am when the power windows suddenly opened. ..... twice. spooky stuff. haha
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    That was done in the impact - the wheel trim's fallen off becasue the wheel rim bent. The wheel and tyre (and suspension etc.) were what was holding the car where it was, if it'd just hit the garage door, it'd have gone straight through.

The car's been recovered now, I've got some more pics that I'll post of the actual damage when I can be bothered to go and fetch the camera, resize and upload them. There's £3,500 worth of damage tot he car, apparently.

The drive's only a slight slope at the top (where the MINI was parked), but it drops down (14%) to the house. Big ouch for the car...just glad it hit the garage door and only caught the wall - if it'd hit the wall head on it would have written the car off.

I had my best friend round for the afternoon, we were just playing on his XBox 360 when Dad walked in and started chatting to us, next thing we hear is a massive bang - Looking out of my bedroom window revealed what'd happened.

Mine does, but I can't agree that all do (we've never had that before with a V'hall). I leave mine in gear all the time anyway, even on a flat road. Our drive has claimed two victims so far, the "Death Shed" Mondeo and the Mini.

Don't start...I don't even know what the hell to do about my car.
    Crikey o'reily. So your cars still a little worse for wears then? My friends Mum drives an '05 Meriva Design A/C and even on the minimal slope infront of their house it rolls ever so slightly. So Claire leaves it in 3rd plus the handbrake.
    £3,500 damage to the car, I can't believe how expensive repairs are, I'd be interested in seeing those pictures at somepoint.

Motion & Emotion

£3,500 damage to the car, I can't believe how expensive repairs are, I'd be interested in seeing those pictures at somepoint.
    BMW labour is expensive...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    A friend of mine was driving his 2004 Mini One back home around 1am when the power windows suddenly opened. ..... twice. spooky stuff. haha
    HAHA, Our old A6 1.8T had a similar problem, my Dad parked up in London to go to a meeting somewhere and he locked the car, started to walk away when he heard the whooshing noise, looked around to see the windows going down and back up then the locks went crazy up down up down, windows doing the same, so he unlocked it, got in and started it, fiddled with the interior window switch and locks then got out, locked up and went to his meeting, the car was fine until 2 weeks later when they were in the tile centre i got out of the car to find them, locked the car and the windows went crazy again... New locks and something with the windows was fitted soon after. End of problem

Motion & Emotion

BMW labour is expensive...
    thats a fact.. it took forever and was super expensive when i wrecked mine. i even had a part that was back ordered for the entire US for almost a month.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

What did you do to it?

Motion & Emotion

ran it into the back of a van on my way home from work...

http://ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24081
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Ah ouch, airbags can be bitches...

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information