Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VW Golf GT Sport

we get it mid-august.

I'm not fully sure of the options but i know that we've got the alloy wheels, front fog lights. Pretty much everythign except leather seats (pay more for sticky-backs?) and the 18" rims because the ride is already firm enough. Its an extremely nice car to be in. looks exactly like a GTi but without the red trim on the grill. Will upload pics once we have it. I'm insured on it too!

Ah cool, standard alloys are 17's right?
    You're lucky, Are you insured on your Mum's car as well?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    well my dad has ordered this car now.

Detailed specs:

GT Sport 2.0 TDI

170 PS

Manual 6spd

5 door

colour:

Diamond Black Pearl Effect

we test drove it last week and its FAST. so close to the GTI infact that the extra moneys worth is questionable.
    I wouldn't have chosen it, but congratulations for the car.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

make that mid-october. the VW plant has a shutdown in summer for employees to go on holiday

I get mine end of September (but I was given the same reason for the delay).
    It sounds like the same spec/colour (Isn't the colour choice from VW a bit poor especially interior on the GT Sport?!) but I've gone for the 18" alloys.
    Good news is that Tuning Box do an engine management chip to take it to 204bhp - I'll consider that after a few thousand miles
    to VW or not to VW - That is the question

I test drove both the TSI and and TDI (both 170ps) today and they are both amazing cars...but the extra torque in the Deisel seems to make a difference even though they are bot 170 ps. Any advice on the TSI vs TDI?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
    I test drove both the TSI and and TDI (both 170ps) today and they are both amazing cars...but the extra torque in the Deisel seems to make a difference even though they are bot 170 ps. Any advice on the TSI vs TDI?
    The TSI is a pretty a clever 1.4 litre turbo/super charged engine that is surprisingly tractable and fuel efficient (or so i read). I hear its not that smooth an engine.

The 2.0 TDI uses unit injection so its one of the more noisier diesels. It is very efficient however and will prove better in everyday driving I feel.

How the two cars compare might be different. I assume the TSI will be a little better balanced due to the far lighter engine.
    autozine.org

My friends Mum just got a 150ps Golf 2.0TDI which she loves, hated the fact that it was diesel, but she loves the power it has, the other day she looked down at the speedo and found she was doing 120mph on the A3 near Guildford so she said she just shifted to 6th and carried on
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

The diesel version is rather enticing.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

I'm currently looking at the closest thing to a "rival" that this model has - the Astra SRI XP 1.9CDTi (150ps), I would also consider the Golf but for the fact that it's only just been released and it hasn't had enough time to depreciate to a price that I can afford...

...still, Astra V Golf...discuss.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

For me i have heard the golf has done more to approach driving dynamics of the focus. Personally i admire the image the golf would portray more, however its slightly bland compared to the astra. But again its very subjective. For example: the Land rover defender is a lot blander in looks to a wacky alien like L200 but i would still take the LR.

The problem is also that vauxhalls are driven by the type of people i despise in aberdeen. I know it sounds silly but it scares me to be mistaken for them....
    autozine.org

Looks like we are getting the car on November 6th now. The original order date was mid-october but we are in mexico.

More great news. I am insured on this car and currently learning to drive. So my first car to be insured on and drive will be a 2007 Golf GT sport I have also been given a Citroen AX as a gift. Yet to collect it and get insurance on it, but will post details in a new thread soon

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    The problem is also that vauxhalls are driven by the type of people i despise in aberdeen. I know it sounds silly but it scares me to be mistaken for them....
    It's the same here and the main reason I dont want an opel here. Always go for the VW.

i've ordered a GT Sport and will hopefully get it by this week (it's an absolute b*tch to have to wait for it!). However having read the posts on this bulletin I feel somewhat disheartened: someone mentioned that the engine isn't very reliable and jediali said the engine isn't very smooth. Are these from personal experiences? I've always been unsure about getting new technology and reliability has yet been untested... although VW claims they have put the engine through 50K hours of 'tortuous' testing....

We've had last years version and its been the best car we've ever had. Performance is great. We get around 50 MPG and the car has never let us down. Thats why we've gone for the GT Sport again this year. (last year it was called the GT)

You've made a great choice in ordering this car. The engine is a greatly efficient performance engine, ours is the 2.0 TDI 170bhp. The build quality is excellent too. Compared to its Audi A3 equivalent there is no competition.

Some people may have had bad experiences with VW cars but our family have never made a better choice in buying the GT Sport

Thread Information