Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best work experience ever!!

Best work experience ever!!

Since monday of this week i've been on work experience as everyone has to in year 10. I've been working in the service department at Graypaul Ferrari and Maserati. so far i've worked on about 15 cars, 2 quattroportes, an F50, 2 F430's, 2 360 modenas, a porsche 911 turbo, and 3 Enzo's. some of the stuff has been minor like general servicing and changing fluids, others like the Enzo's have been major stuff like gearboxes, brakes, exhausts and honestly it is the best experience ever, working on these cars is awesome but when you finish the job and go for a drive, the speed of these cars is amazing and yes they do reach 0-60 in 3 seconds and i can vouch that certain cars can do certain high speeds. i've got some pictures, sorry for the quality of some they were taken with my phone..
    Attached Images Attached Images

some more pics sorry for the quality..

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    WOW! That's incredible, 3 enzos. I've only been lucky enough to ever see one on the road. It was 2 years ago but still remember that day. That is pretty sweet man, congrats!
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Awesome, When I had to do work experience I had to help out in the yr2/3 class at my old Primary School where my Mum works, my cousin loved the fact that I was in his class... My local TVR garage turned me down because they don't do work experience, the Renault dealer never called back and my Mum's friends Subaru/Izusu dealer turned me down because the last work experience guy was such a pain in the ass they didn't want to take the risk again...
    Good luck with the rest of your time there!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Wow looks like tons of fuN! Congrats!
    Top 10:
    1) Mclaren F1
    2) Dodge Viper
    3) BMW M5
    4) Ferrari F430
    5) Ferrari Enzo
    6) Corvette Z06
    7) Lamborghini Gallardo
    8) 1967 AC Cobra 427
    9) 1971 Hemi Cuda
    10) Mercedes SL55 AMG

here is a picture of the three Enzo's you can see the third in the background sorry about the pics the lighting isn't perfect and neither is the camera but what can you do ...

And i thought Subaru was fun !

i think i can speak for pretty much everyone here when i say that i am jelous!

no here's a question for you...are ferrari's a pain in the arse to work on? i used to work at a shop here and i used to get so pissed even when a volkswagon would come in because things are usually more complicated than they need to be. i would imagine a ferrari wouuld be even tougher.

2nd question...why are so many people taking their pretty much brand new ferrari's in?! are they really that prone to breaking?

Thats some good times right there, kind of makes you nervous to not screw up though, on someone else's supercar. Good times nonetheless.

Best work experience ever, indeed! I am jealous too. Congratulations DBR9, nice job.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Sounds good. Which Graypaul was this?
    My other signature has a V12

Cool job. You must enjoy it a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinin View Post
    Sounds good. Which Graypaul was this?
    I think you can guess. That service bay looks convincingly like your (and my) local.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    I think you can guess. That service bay looks convincingly like your (and my) local.
    Thought so, although there's a few of them around
    My other signature has a V12

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    i think i can speak for pretty much everyone here when i say that i am jelous!

no here's a question for you...are ferrari's a pain in the arse to work on? i used to work at a shop here and i used to get so pissed even when a volkswagon would come in because things are usually more complicated than they need to be. i would imagine a ferrari wouuld be even tougher.

2nd question...why are so many people taking their pretty much brand new ferrari's in?! are they really that prone to breaking?
    1. They aren't that bad to work on at all. They aren't complicated it's just there are often more parts than other cars. Except for the 360's which are notorious for being damn awkward to do anything to, especially the early ones. On tuesday a 360 came in needing a new clutch and because of the number of parts you have to remove it takes 14 hours to take apart the car fit the new clutch and put back together which isn't fun at all. compared to the 5 hours on all other cars in the garage.

2. The reason there are a number of new ferarri's in is because some are being sold through the dealership and are sometimes checked over upon delivery or sometimes it can be installing special parts, like a 599 gtb came in to have a custom multimedia system put in before the customer picked it up and the Enzo's are there because they have to be serviced every 6 months and one came in as an emergency as it was leaking gearbox oil due to a cracked pipe seal.

3. This is Graypaul nottingham, the only other is in Edinburgh.

4. you would think that you would be worried about damaging them but when your in the garage it's not like a motorshow where everyone is in awe of the £600 000 Enzo and don't dare breathe on it, in the gargae you just go and get on with it, these cars aren't as delicate as everyone thinks. They are pretty robust machines.

I chose this place because i have always had a passion for cars and since about a year ago have been looking into careers and i am currently aiming to become a motorsport engineer and take the course and possibly PHD at Oxford Brookes University but it is a good idea to get used understanding the basics so i went and worked with performance cars for this week and it is probably the best experince ever and i will probably go there next year if i get chance.

Thread Information