Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOT my Liscense!!!

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks

GOT my Liscense!!!

Hey guys just wanted to say that i got my G2 today. That's a liscense which allows you to drive unsupervised but it expires in 2 years. Before then i'll do my G and that's permanent. For my first car i'll be driving a 92 Chevy Cavalier, not the greatest i know but it's pretty reliable, my sister's had it for 6 years and it's only needed reg. maintenance. She leaves to study optometry in the states in august and then the car becomes mine. First thing i'll do is get it repainted, and there's a bit of rust that needs to be dealt with, but not too bad. I don't think i'm gonna spend too much on it because i hope to replace it in another 2 years and then i'll put money into whatever i get then. If you guys have any ideas for minor changes that'll be good i'd appreciate it. Pics will be posted in a bit of the car and liscence..
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Cogratulations. Now get out of the forums and go and drive.

Enjoy it, but don't do anything stupid.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Congratz !
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Nicely done! Good luck on the permanent one and safe driving!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Good luck and drive below the limits because you're not "God".
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Congratulations my friend. Also, I don't want to see you post for the rest of the day. YOU HAVE TO DRIVE!
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Haha before i can get behind the wheel i need to get added to the insurance, will take care of that by nxt week, then u can expect alot less of me :P
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to say that i got my G2 today. That's a liscense which allows you to drive unsupervised but it expires in 2 years. Before then i'll do my G and that's permanent. For my first car i'll be driving a 92 Chevy Cavalier, not the greatest i know but it's pretty reliable, my sister's had it for 6 years and it's only needed reg. maintenance. She leaves to study optometry in the states in august and then the car becomes mine. First thing i'll do is get it repainted, and there's a bit of rust that needs to be dealt with, but not too bad. I don't think i'm gonna spend too much on it because i hope to replace it in another 2 years and then i'll put money into whatever i get then. If you guys have any ideas for minor changes that'll be good i'd appreciate it. Pics will be posted in a bit of the car and liscence..
    Congratulations.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Congrats man, getting mine in 4 months (g1)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Congrats man, getting mine in 4 months (g1)
    Bahahahahaha loser - I kid.

bmw, enjoy driving around and don't be dumb like I have been - stick to the limits andmaybe go 120 on the highway. Christen yourself with fire too - challenge yourself by going on the highway and stuff early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Bahahahahaha loser - I kid.

bmw, enjoy driving around and don't be dumb like I have been - stick to the limits andmaybe go 120 on the highway. Christen yourself with fire too - challenge yourself by going on the highway and stuff early on.
    Yeah that's the way to go. I remember when I first got my apprentice license I spent twenty minutes in a parking lot to get the feel of the pedals. It was first the first time I ever drove. 20 minutes later I was on the boulevard at 50 km/h, and 10 minutes later on the highway going 110 km/h!

Can I ask what is G1, G2 etc.? It's not named that way in Québec.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Yeah that's the way to go. I remember when I first got my apprentice license I spent twenty minutes in a parking lot to get the feel of the pedals. It was first the first time I ever drove. 20 minutes later I was on the boulevard at 50 km/h, and 10 minutes later on the highway going 110 km/h!

Can I ask what is G1, G2 etc.? It's not named that way in Québec.
    That is far more daring than me! I should have started like that but I have to admit I was scared even going 70 km/h on some roads...

G1 Licence means you can drive only with a person with a whole G licence who's had it for about 2 years or so and have a blood alcohol of 0, you get this licence after writing a written test. G2 is the same but no other person needed, (you get your G2 a few months later after a road test) , then G is the full certificate that lets you be able to have up to 0.08 or whatever it is blood alcohol (I don't care becasue I don't drink - I have had my G2 for a year and some now and am just not motivated to take the second road test.)

It is a stupid system really. I figure, it should be L for Learners licence after you take a more thorough written test than current. Then you are only allowed to drive with in an Instructor say for a month (and you must complete mandatory driving lessons in this time). After the month is up, you can drive with anyone else with a full G licence that's had it for say, over 3 years. Then you have say a year where you can only do this. After, you take a more comprehensive two legged road test one on one day and one on the next to assure you are qualified for highway and city driving.

That also should be standardized across Canada.

What is it like in Quebec David?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What is it like in Quebec David?
    G1 is the exact same thing here, except it is called "permis temporaire" (temporary license) or "permis d'apprenti" (apprentice license). You can get it as soon as you are 16. After that there's the "permis probatoire" (probatory license) which you can get 8 months after the temporary one if you take lessons (12 lessons of one hour + final test) or 12 months if you don't take lessons. I took lessons. You can drive alone too. As you understood, same thing as G2. After that there's the full license which is also exactly like yours.

We have the exact same system, except we're not calling it the same way. I heard there was a system in Ontario where you couldn't drive on highways or driving at night before a certain amount of time (4 years I believe). Is that true?
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Take it to Mosport!!!! Theres a real baptism by fire

All i can say is keep your fluid and air pressure levels up and drive fast...

Thread Information