Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 11yr old boy killed 476kg wild hog

Taking a second look this "wild boar" is missing the signature tusks and wild boars dont often run. A hunting buddy of one of my dads friends has EXTREMELY bad scars from the attack of a normal sized boar, so a boar that size running from a fat little inbred does stir some suspicion of bullshit...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    I cant believe the kid shot it, something that size would have taken close to half a century to grow that large, its a rarity that should have been left untouched...
    Actually, try a couple months.
    Like I said fellows, these aren't new.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~bamster/rave5.html
    These aren't quite as big, but you can see they've been around.
    Last edited by F1_Master; 05-27-2007 at 09:10 PM.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    I cant believe the kid shot it, something that size would have taken close to half a century to grow that large, its a rarity that should have been left untouched...
    Why? It's a giant feral pig.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Well then its not the average wild boar because the average wild boar doesnt get anywhere NEAR that big. And an animal that size is about as rare as an albino deer, also seen by a hunter, however the hunter did not kill it, or a giant clam...

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Why? It's a giant feral pig.
    what he said. i don't think people fully appreciate the damage these animals do to native wildlife and habitat, especially in places where natural predators have been depleted.
    if an average 100kg boar can causes $65 of damage to a farm each day, imagine how much this animal caused? imagine the sheer scale of food it would have consumed on a daily basis.
    i also agree with the doubts expressed over it being a boar, looks like a giant sow to me.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

For a start I smell some fantasy on this all story. But that would be enouhg for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I was already afraid that reading a good book was not high on the priority list...
    To kill is much more macho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    Are you seriously comparing the use of brain-washed, druged-out kids for genocide to an 11 year old boy hunting? I thinks it's quite ridiculous thatanyone would give a kid a high-powered weapon, too, but it's not at all the same as kids high on meth killing people with automatic rifles.
    Learning how to use a weapon at 11 is the 2nd step to make a accidental murder. Step 1 is having the gun at home. You can't be a killing shooter if you don't have a gun. We don't need guns at home and that's a strong enough argument agains every activity related with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    Every single news article on this says it is a wild boar. Maybe I'm just not as cynical as the rest of the members of this forum, but I'm willing to assume they know whether it is or isn't a wild boar.
    Have you ever heard about sensationalist press?

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Teaching kids how to properly use guns at a young age isn't a terrible thing, it brings families together, it can be a way of bonding for fathers and sons, it teaches the the kid responsibility and disicipline.
    Of all the nice things a son and a father can do together that teach responsability, why chosing one that is so closely related to death?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

It's no different from the olden days when a father taught his son how to chop wood. just more explosive.

From what i hear their mounting this one's head in the den - that's going to be one F**king big centrepiece.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Um, i think if that "boar" was tearing up a farmers crop hed hear it, not to mention shoot it. Even so we would have heard, or seen, something of this huge "boar" by now, so its probably never been seen before...

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    Learning how to use a weapon at 11 is the 2nd step to make a accidental murder. Step 1 is having the gun at home. You can't be a killing shooter if you don't have a gun. We don't need guns at home and that's a strong enough argument agains every activity related with guns.
    Learning to use a gun at a young age is just part of the culture in many parts of the United States. In addition to being taught how to use a firearm most young people that I know are also taught the utmost respect for their dangerous potential. They are the biggest stickers about gun safety and many people don't simply leave a gun in their closet but keep it in a safe.

In addition to having a firearm for recreational purposes I feel like I need a gun where I live. Our house has been broken into twice now and thankfully no one was home. However I never want to be put in a situation where I could not adequately defend myself from an armed criminal.

Again lets just talk about the boar not guns which is one of the most amazing things I have seen in a while. That is a damned scary animal too and even the small ones can cause serious injury if you are not careful.

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    Learning to use a gun at a young age is just part of the culture in many parts of the United States.
    Best argument against US ever.

Best argument against US ever.
    And learning to use a gun does mean that you are learning to use it to be a criminal.

And learning to use a gun does mean that you are learning to use it to be a criminal.
    I don't believe you didn't understand my point, so I really don't think I need to answer. Anyway, what I mean is: when guns are an important part of your culture and a subject that connects fathers and sons, something is certainly wrong.

I don't believe you didn't understand my point, so I really don't think I need to answer. Anyway, what I mean is: when guns are an important part of your culture and a subject that connects fathers and sons, something is certainly wrong.
    Not when you are using them for recreation.

Apparently, it's not unheard off, just that this is not a pig forum, or farmer's forum.... google up Hogzilla. Another men killed something of this size as well couple of years back.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n..._hogzilla.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Not when you are using them for recreation.
    It's only recreation if it doesn't envolve killing.
    Shooting plates is acceptable and guns should stay inside the shooting club.

Thread Information