Thread: The inevitable happened :p

The inevitable happened :p

well yeah last weekend was the twyford rally... the same one that we hit a tree on last year. just this time we hit one a bit harder

Had an awesome day, shame about the weather, but suppose it made it more fun / challenging on the stages.

SS1 - first run through it seemed alot smoother than last year, we had a reasonable run. forgot how slippery twyford could be and how much left foot braking helps you round there.

SS2 - we had a few spins trying to push it a bit hard and ended up loseing time and dropped us to about 7th in 14's

SS3 - first time round the tight section at the back, really enjoyed it and gained alot of time on people round there. Track was getting increasingly more rough.

SS4 - didnt get to do it as out team mate hit the same tree that we were to hit on ss6

SS5 - first lap was a flyer, cought our 30 second man at the end of the first lap who then decided he didnt want to move out the way so we couldnt get past him for the entire second lap and we lost loads of time, told us he didnt know we were there even though we had the lights flashing, horn on and was pretty much touching his bumper. CAR 70 PLEASE LEARN HOW TO PULL OVER

SS6 - trying to gain back the time that we lost from being stuch behind car 70 we were pushing it, maybe a bit too hard, came into a 3R just af you enter the tight section and hit some mud on the inside which sent the car sliding and we ended up in the trees.

seems like twyford has struck again as it was last year where we clipped a tree here too.

I would like to say a massive thanks to all the organisers / marshals, also to darky's crew who did an excillent job all day despite the weather and also to pat and liz for what they do. Also to loz, you did well yesterday even though you may ofgot a little scared at one or two points
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Yikes. Did your co-driver get out of that OK?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Yikes. Did your co-driver get out of that OK?
    yeah were all ok, both got quite a bit of bruising and a came out with minor whiplash but other than that were okay, stupid thing is in the pic of the 4 cars together the bacl 205 next to us hit that tree 3 stages earlier and he was airlifted to hospital and when i found out i was like how odd that 2 team mates hit the same tree and both get stage canceled
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Well, I guess it's part of the job. It wasn't a huge shunt.
    How is your team mate now?
    When's your next rally and will the car be ready? How's your championship this year?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Sad to see and read that. How bad is the car?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Hard luck .. guaranteed to happen - it's rallying

Looks as if you might be lucky and no chassis twist ?
    Hope you both feel better soon and that you've not frightened your nav off -- rally drivers ALWAYS hit the nav's side of the car

Keep us up to date on the car repairs.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

yeah chasis arms snapped, new car is almost rebuilt my nav is fine now, somehow we both came off as bad as eachother, we were doing about 50moh when we hit the tree so it hurt quite a bit

Ouch nasty, and in a tin can too, (NO OFFENCE, LOVE 205's - actually miss ours )
    Whiplash?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Yeah, looks painful, but at least you're in one piece!

The 205 is still serviceable right?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yeah, looks painful, but at least you're in one piece!

The 205 is still serviceable right?

no no no snapped chassis arms and everything so reshell is in progress

Thread Information