Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Possibly the coolest thing for me

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    exactly... currently the only italian cars available in the states are ferraris and maseratis. alfas will be sold through the same dealer network initially, and then maybe progressing from there. assuming the old american mindset towards italian cars goes away. or it gets re-proven and we run them off the continent again.
    Solution: Save your pennies and wait until you come to Europe, then pick up a preregistered Alfa for a bargain price (would a GT V6 suit you?). Enjoy the Mini whilst you still have it. I wish I could afford a Cooper S and the insurance.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Solution: Save your pennies and wait until you come to Europe, then pick up a preregistered Alfa for a bargain price (would a GT V6 suit you?). Enjoy the Mini whilst you still have it. I wish I could afford a Cooper S and the insurance.
    i have often thought about that thing. a gtv6 woudl be very nice. although i do love the brera, and i could probably get one of them.

but then there is this little voice in the back of my head saying that i could stand to have a clio v6....
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    I wish I could afford a Cooper S and the insurance.
    Well, you're halfway there.

i have often thought about that thing. a gtv6 woudl be very nice. although i do love the brera, and i could probably get one of them.

but then there is this little voice in the back of my head saying that i could stand to have a clio v6....
    Check your medical insurance covers back problems before making a purchase
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Either way you going well. May I add the 147 GTA to that shortlist.

If you are mad enough you can try to buy a GTV6 in the US and use it as a daily driver...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Either way you going well. May I add the 147 GTA to that shortlist.

If you are mad enough you can try to buy a GTV6 in the US and use it as a daily driver...
    you mean the clio v6?

well, they are a bit illegal here, at least making it road legal here might be challenging. but it sure woudl be fun to bring one back here and trailer it to autocrosses.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

you mean the clio v6?

well, they are a bit illegal here, at least making it road legal here might be challenging. but it sure woudl be fun to bring one back here and trailer it to autocrosses.
    No I meant I like the list if you came to Europe.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

you mean the clio v6?

HA! Serious!? Emissions or something? I'm not too sure I'd like to drive around in America in a Renault Clio with all those Escalades, Excursions, Freightliners etc, the little Cobalt was scary enough!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

you mean the clio v6?

Oooh... that's going to cost you at least 10K and you'll also need to wait 25 years. But you could register it as a race car (not very difficult) and drive it. Unfortunately, it's a bit conspicuous in America.

But in certain states, it's pretty easy to import/drive, so check your local DMV.
    Last edited by kingofthering; 06-16-2007 at 05:30 PM.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information