Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anti rice

anti rice

i found this on a great site the other day, thaught all you rice haters would like it http://maddox.xmission.com/civic.html
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Go this link and check out the galeries ... and you rice haters can post the picture of teh car you like more to smash

( this stay better in Smash any car trhead but the message stays here )
    Fun is not a straight line

UCP's only lancia lover ....

yeah ive seen that site before really is quite funny what some people do to there cars, and then think that it looks good.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

"""""They go all out and buy new rims, tint their windows"""""

What's wrong with doing this???

I bought rims because my car didn't even have rims, it had the sh*tty things that came with it. So besides having a better look my tires are also thicker (from 185 to 205) which gives me a little bit more security at driving.

And I tinted my windows because it keeps the car cooler, the sun doesn't bother that much and I like the way it looks.

I do know that my car is very slow, and I do race sometimes with other cars and they are usually faster cause a Civic is slower than anything, but even if I loose I enjoy the run. If I had a fast car I would race it too and enjoy it even more, but this is what I can afford right now.

People is taking too serious this ricer thing. Let them be stupid, and let them have freaking stickers in their car that say "I am faster than you yo".......Why care so much about it. THEY WILL KEEP ON DOING IT.

If anybody wants to criticize my car after reading this go ahead, but I don't find anything wrong with those mods.

PS: OMG I do have a muffler, so what, the stock muffler was shameful.... a black little pipe and I like the one I have now (it doesn't make much noise, don't believe me then watch my video)

My car might look ricy, but I'm different from them cause I do know that my piece of !@#$ is freaking slow.

Sorry... Got a little bit out of topic I know nobody has criticed me, thanks thanks thanks... just wanted to remind you all..

Niko

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    """""They go all out and buy new rims, tint their windows"""""

What's wrong with doing this???

I bought rims because my car didn't even have rims, it had the sh*tty things that came with it. So besides having a better look my tires are also thicker (from 185 to 205) which gives me a little bit more security at driving.

And I tinted my windows because it keeps the car cooler, the sun doesn't bother that much and I like the way it looks.

I do know that my car is very slow, and I do race sometimes with other cars and they are usually faster cause a Civic is slower than anything, but even if I loose I enjoy the run. If I had a fast car I would race it too and enjoy it even more, but this is what I can afford right now.

People is taking too serious this ricer thing. Let them be stupid, and let them have freaking stickers in their car that say "I am faster than you yo".......Why care so much about it. THEY WILL KEEP ON DOING IT.

If anybody wants to criticize my car after reading this go ahead, but I don't find anything wrong with those mods.

PS: OMG I do have a muffler, so what, the stock muffler was shameful.... a black little pipe and I like the one I have now (it doesn't make much noise, don't believe me then watch my video)

My car might look ricy, but I'm different from them cause I do know that my piece of !@#$ is freaking slow.

Sorry... Got a little bit out of topic I know nobody has criticed me, thanks thanks thanks... just wanted to remind you all..

Niko
    You reasons are totally different than ricers. You do things logically, tinting windows to keep the car cool(and it doesnt look that bad) and rims because the wheels you got were crap. Ricers do it to make their cars look "fast" or "hooked up dog!" Then they think, "man my car is sweet now" when it is not. You know you cant get too much perfomance out of that little weed waker of an engine so you dont bother modifing it, ricers think that 200hp is alot and try add a muffler, new intake and crap like that to make the car "faster."

From another thread... much more relevent here:

I agree with Slicks on this one... the whole riceboy attitude is basically trying to look faster than you actually are. It's asthetic rather than technical. Even when people do modify performance, they don't really affect performance much, and the reasons for doing so aren't really speed-oriented either.

"Exhausts" are put on to attract attention. They are usually not a whole exhaust, but instead just a new muffler/tip. This is an auditory modification.

"Intakes" are put on to look good in the engine bay. They are usually not a true intake system, but instead just a new filter. This is a visual modification.

Being a riceboy annoys me more as a state of mind than anything else. It bothers me the most when people spend all their time and money on visual/auditory stuff and then spew BS about their car, trash talk etc.

However, If people genuinely just like the look of the car, and they don't attempt to promote their car as fast (as in, the mods make a difference) when the are almost entirely stock. Hats off to the people who actually go all-out modifying, and give these cars noticable performance increases for their own sake, not for attracting attention.

You must keep in mind that Slicks has just as much of a right to express his opinion than your guys do to defend yours. Just for the record, I'm backing his opinion 95%.

Look at this crazy car ... and can anyone teel me whats this car i dont have sure ..
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think it may just be a Mitsubishi Lancer. Maybe.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by stratos
    Look at this crazy car ... and can anyone teel me whats this car i dont have sure ..
    omfg
    what you on about thats a spaceship

Quote Originally Posted by stratos
    It's a Lancer, or Evo. Most likely Lancer, as no-one in their right mind would do that to an Evo.

Come to think of it, no-one in their right mind would do that to a Lancer either.
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Whath this guys do to their cars ...

The pics are low res ... Loook to the old bettle and for the 406

more pics... sorry, they are low res
    •·.·´¯`·.·• DarkPhenix •·.·´¯`·.·•
    •·.·´¯`·.·• Underground Sounds of Lisbon •·.·´¯`·.·•

and more..
    •·.·´¯`·.·• DarkPhenix •·.·´¯`·.·•
    •·.·´¯`·.·• Underground Sounds of Lisbon •·.·´¯`·.·•

Wait, how exactly is a Camaro funny car rice?
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

these tunning guys a mad ... look what they do with he cars !!

Lokk to the Smart

Thread Information