• Good Idea

3 75.00%
  • Not Very Good

1 25.00%

Thread: Ethanol Boosting Systems - Opinions

Ethanol Boosting Systems - Opinions

What do you think?

http://www.ethanolboost.com/EBS_Overview.pdf

Sounds good to me. Apparently a car company (yet to be named)(possibly Ford?) is doing some testing and this should be availible within the decade.
    Last edited by The_Canuck; 06-03-2007 at 06:54 PM.

In a decade?! won't all our cars be flying by then?

why don't they just add a small electrical engine that can release immense bursts of instant-torque goodness, to me that sounds like a much better idea, and it can be refilled as your driving, so....infinite NOS!

As i'm going trough it I must say it is not the best written thing...

Some questions that raised when I was reading:

I'm wondering if higher pressure turbo's will become available cheaply enough and reliably enough...

Do people want to put two hoses in at the pump ?

How much Turbocharged Gasoline cars are there really out there in comparison to NA ? Over here not many !!!

How do they want to ADD space ? It comes with an extra rear trunk attached to it ???

In general the idea seems to be not so well thought off. It also seems IMO that it will never succeed, as there are so many factor's that won't be overcome easily (if at all)... And on top of that, why not improve the knock sensors in the engines and the ECU ? In a decade time they will surely have improved !

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    As i'm going trough it I must say it is not the best written thing...

Some questions that raised when I was reading:

I'm wondering if higher pressure turbo's will become available cheaply enough and reliably enough...

Do people want to put two hoses in at the pump ?

How much Turbocharged Gasoline cars are there really out there in comparison to NA ? Over here not many !!!

How do they want to ADD space ? It comes with an extra rear trunk attached to it ???

In general the idea seems to be not so well thought off. It also seems IMO that it will never succeed, as there are so many factor's that won't be overcome easily (if at all)... And on top of that, why not improve the knock sensors in the engines and the ECU ? In a decade time they will surely have improved !
    By high pressure how many pounds of pressure do you mean? As for the gas n/a to turbo I would guess 20 N/a cars to 1 turbo car.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

What I think this article is trying to promote is a system where ethanol (think alcohol) is injected in a turbocharged gasoline engine as boost pressures rise in order to keep the exhuast temps down, prevent detonation, and to prevent a lean air/fuel condition.

Water/methanol systems have been used for years. This is very similar.

E85 offers a ~20% increase in power in any gas powered car, at the sake of more fuel consumption. Lots of hotrod guys in the mid-west switching over to e85 in their NA 350's and whatnot, running 12.5:1 compression on the street. If you can afford the fuel why the heck not. e85 is 15% gasoline.

So more boost, more ethanol. I've been thinking about this as you could reach much higher boost levels using ethanol to cool the intake charge. You could run higher compression levels as well, but who wants to do that... Crank up the BOOST BABY!!!

I don't think my ethanol tank would last more than week, what did they say? a month? gimme a break.

Definitely not spam, and according to a statement from Facebook, to put Entrepreneur Magazine available, it is intentional.

Edit:
    I disaggree.
    Last edited by henk4; 11-07-2010 at 08:44 PM.

Thread Information