Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Computer

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    That's when it comes to comparing Athlon to Pentium 4 or Athlon X2 to Pentium D. These days a 3.0Ghz X2 6000+ struggles to match the 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo E6600. It's also proven that a E6300 underclocked to 1.6Ghz can beat a 2.0Ghz X2 3800+.
    Your reading the Intel note book upside down... The dual core AMD's have beaten there counter parts nu meres times in the past and still do..
    Last time i checked a independent tester done both dual cores and P4's with FX series cpu's.. What came out on top??? 70% of test done the AMD x2 was top or top 3. Epically when it came to multimedia it came out in front.

My nephews
    Didn't shame my old XP2500-m Clocked to 2.4gh/z with small 512 ram. It speed wise felt the same, Smoothness it was much more superior task after task it handled the pressure and was sharp over and over again, Mine would start to slow till it builds back. That was the difference i felt.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    Your reading the Intel note book upside down... The dual core AMD's have beaten there counter parts nu meres times in the past and still do..
    Last time i checked a independent tester done both dual cores and P4's with FX series cpu's.. What came out on top??? 70% of test done the AMD x2 was top or top 3. Epically when it came to multimedia it came out in front.

My nephews
    Didn't shame my old XP2500-m Clocked to 2.4gh/z with small 512 ram. It speed wise felt the same, Smoothness it was much more superior task after task it handled the pressure and was sharp over and over again, Mine would start to slow till it builds back. That was the difference i felt.
    As I said, AMD used to kick the butts of the entire Intel line-up (Pentium 4/D age), but now the Core 2 line-up is killing everything AMD has to offer, except for the X2 3600+ considering there's no Core 2 in its price range (~$60).

Now that benchmarks from various websites show that the X2 6000+ 3.0Ghz is as fast as a Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz (and that E6600 also costs a little less), it's very clear who the winner is, especially when the Core 2 architecture is also much more superior in terms of overclocking. Highest I've seen AMD K8 architecture goes is around 3.0Ghz-3.2Ghz, but with the same cooling a Core 2 will do at least 3.0Ghz and range all the way to a little over 4.0Ghz. This is not considering anything farther than watercooling. I can imagine that one will need a 4.5Ghz X2, which is impossible, to match my 3.6Ghz E6600, not to mention I still have loads of headroom.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 06-05-2007 at 04:34 PM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

If you build yourself, Canada Computers (http://www.canadacomputers.com) is a trusty source for well-priced components. They also have a selection of pre-configured systems that might be worth checking out.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

As I said, AMD used to kick the butts of the entire Intel line-up (Pentium 4/D age), but now the Core 2 line-up is killing everything AMD has to offer, except for the X2 3600+ considering there's no Core 2 in its price range (~$60).

Now that benchmarks from various websites show that the X2 6000+ 3.0Ghz is as fast as a Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz (and that E6600 also costs a little less), it's very clear who the winner is, especially when the Core 2 architecture is also much more superior in terms of overclocking. Highest I've seen AMD K8 architecture goes is around 3.0Ghz-3.2Ghz, but with the same cooling a Core 2 will do at least 3.0Ghz and range all the way to a little over 4.0Ghz. This is not considering anything farther than watercooling. I can imagine that one will need a 4.5Ghz X2, which is impossible, to match my 3.6Ghz E6600, not to mention I still have loads of headroom.
    Abit's X38-MAX motherboard can go up to 600FSB!

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Abit's X38-MAX motherboard can go up to 600FSB!
    So can my QuadGT.

Although I have the option, I find it pretty useless......I mean, I only need 500FSB to reach 4Ghz and that's on 8x multiplier and I have the option to go 9x. I would do 8x since it's tidier when I run 1:1 on the memory. Unless I've got phase, forget 600FSB.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    If you build yourself, Canada Computers (http://www.canadacomputers.com) is a trusty source for well-priced components. They also have a selection of pre-configured systems that might be worth checking out.
    Great find, using that site and for just about the same amount of money, I was able to fit in a X2 4000+ Brisbane and a 8600GT!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Great find, using that site and for just about the same amount of money, I was able to fit in a X2 4000+ Brisbane and a 8600GT!!
    I recommend that system as well.

Thread Information