Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: problem categorising sprtscars

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Corvette - Sports car (ok) Viper - no no no no no no no no no

Don't forget, Viper revived the crave for muscle cars that seemed to died off after the 70's oil crisis. It is the epitome of what a modern muscle car should be. All the handling, chassis engineering or IRS are just modern implementations of what a capable car should have. It is, still a muscle car in very sense.
    Is then the 365 GTB/4 Daytona a muscle car?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The brand Ferrari already answers it. A Prancing horse is never a muscle car. Yes, perceptions on brands are always bias.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

The brand Ferrari already answers it. A Prancing horse is never a muscle car. Yes, perceptions on brands are always bias.
    The Viper isn't a muscle car either. It might not be refined, but it's not a muscle car. The Daytona drove like a truck and not for that we call it a muscle car.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The Viper isn't a muscle car either. It might not be refined, but it's not a muscle car. The Daytona drove like a truck and not for that we call it a muscle car.
    Daytona is an old car. Viper ain't. As i said, the capabilities doesn't dictate a car's segmentation in OUR perception. The capabilities of what you describe is a modern car's implementation which i see as prerequisites to be something capable and fast. Perhaps globalisation had forced US manufacturers touse independant linked suspension more, even on muscle cars, but that doesn't mean they will be comparable to MX-5 or F430 anytime soon. Same goes with weight and handling.

And they shouldn't be, Muscle car to me is more manly that sportscars. It's a 'male' only thing i guess.

Daytona is an old car. Viper ain't. As i said, the capabilities doesn't dictate a car's segmentation in OUR perception. The capabilities of what you describe is a modern car's implementation which i see as prerequisites to be something capable and fast. Perhaps globalisation had forced US manufacturers touse independant linked suspension more, even on muscle cars, but that doesn't mean they will be comparable to MX-5 or F430 anytime soon. Same goes with weight and handling.
    Well the Lotus Elan was launched in 1962. I think we can set it as the benchmark. All cars that doesn't handle as well as the little Elan can't be considered sportscars?
    Visca Catalunya!

Well the Lotus Elan was launched in 1962. I think we can set it as the benchmark. All cars that doesn't handle as well as the little Elan can't be considered sportscars?
    nope, IMO there's no performance benchmark for supercars. A Cayenne Turbo or ML63 goes faster thru tracks (forgotten which one but was in EVO magazine) faster than an Elise. That's the problem.

It's still, the image.

Or a truck with a sportscar body on it...
    That doesnt even make any sense...

Corvette - Sports car (ok) Viper - no no no no no no no no no

Don't forget, Viper revived the crave for muscle cars that seemed to died off after the 70's oil crisis. It is the epitome of what a modern muscle car should be. All the handling, chassis engineering or IRS are just modern implementations of what a capable car should have. It is, still a muscle car in very sense.
    What makes the Viper any different than the Corvette???
    The Viper is just a reincarnation of the Shelby Daytona Coupe:

A genuine sports car in and out. Muscle cars do NOT have two seats, they are always atleast 4.

So the Mustang is not a muscle car?

And they shouldn't be, Muscle car to me is more manly that sportscars. It's a 'male' only thing i guess.
    So you dont consider cars like the Zonda, F430, Mosler MT900, or Exige "manly"? You have a very different view of "image"...

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks View Post
    Ford is a family car manufacturer as far as i'm concern.

So you dont consider cars like the Zonda, F430, Mosler MT900, or Exige "manly"? You have a very different view of "image"...
    I say MORE, doesn't mean those which are less is NOT. Nope, you just have to agree with me that i still feel Viper as a muscle car, and no matter it's capable or not on tracks, it will always remain a muscle car in many's perception. (maybe out of states... )

But seriously, it is a compliment.

That doesnt even make any sense...
    Humour > you.
    Visca Catalunya!

Hmmm, is it prancing? No.

The Mustang is not a muscle car. It is a pony car.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    The Mustang is not a muscle car. It is a pony car.
    But if it has a V8 it becomes a muslce car. And today the definition of pony car is obsolete in my opinion.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information