Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Comp 118 Weekly Automotive

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I was on 10 mbps last week and I just had to wait 2 minutes before all the pictures became visible.....and the rules are not there for nothing...
    Err.... is that 10 Megabytes ? I'm on 1 Megabytes ....
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    pieter i gotta admit i'm not with you when it comes to including img photos... c'mon, how many of people around are using some connections slower than 512 kbps these days (even when i had one like that i didn't have any problems with uploading the photos). i think that this percentage can sacrifice for easier browsing to rest of us and convenience of the future voting poster?
    Although i had a much slower connection, i do agree with dydzi. I rather let the pics load themselves and i go for a drink or whatsoever.....
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

See post no.11 please,, please, please...
    please right click, hit view image, and check out where your browser takes you...
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari View Post
    please right click, hit view image, and check out where your browser takes you...
    I am back on 100 MBps, so MY troubles are over, but I suggest the voting thread will be the one to image upload. and not the entry thread...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    What is it?
    Well the only thing I know is, that those cars were powered by Ferrari Engines. There were around 5 or 6 of those cars. Here are some more photo's of them.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FERRARI RULEZZZ

I am back on 100 MBps, so MY troubles are over, but I suggest the voting thread will be the one to image upload. and not the entry thread...

If you were having troubles on a 10 MBps connection, then it was NOT your connection causing the problem. I'm on a 5 MBps connection and the loading of the photos is almost instantaneous.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If you were having troubles on a 10 MBps connection, then it was NOT your connection causing the problem. I'm on a 5 MBps connection and the loading of the photos is almost instantaneous.
    OK Einstein give us a further clue
    Edit: Before you come up with the suggestion, yes, I have been using my own laptop all the time...
    Last edited by henk4; 06-09-2007 at 06:59 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I'm assuming you were in a hotel? If the hotel advertised that speed for their provided internet, I would readily assume that speed encompasses the entire hotel, including their own business needs, as well as the usage for the rest of the guests. I strongly doubt you were using all 10MBps on your own.

I'm assuming you were in a hotel? If the hotel advertised that speed for their provided internet, I would readily assume that speed encompasses the entire hotel, including their own business needs, as well as the usage for the rest of the guests. I strongly doubt you were using all 10MBps on your own.
    I was in an office and was using the 10 mbps on my own.

I don't know what the problem is, but 10MBps is NOT a slow connection. It is faster than the vast majority of home connections in the US. I've never heard of anyone with a 100MBps connection in their home. I can't imagine how much that costs you.

I've got 100MBps in my house shared between 5 computers - I think it's normalish over here in Europe
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 06-09-2007 at 07:43 AM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

I don't know what the problem is, but 10MBps is NOT a slow connection. It is faster than the vast majority of home connections in the US. I've never heard of anyone with a 100MBps connection in their home. I can't imagine how much that costs you.
    I am now on 100MBps with my mother in law. She pays 20 Euro per month....

We pay £26 per month I think

Motion & Emotion

I see that now, but realize that you guys are spoiled. Those pictures are tiny in filesize and resolution. Even with a 10MBps connection, it seriously should not take 2 minutes to load those pages. I'm on a 4-yo Mac on a 5MBps cable connection and it takes no more than 10 seconds.

4yo heap o' crap, Pre-N Wireless 100MBPs, it's ok, but sometimes it can get a little slow when all 5 machines are using it, but compared to my grandmothers 56kb Dial-Up connection it's lightyears ahead. I guess when you get used to it you kinda take it for granted.

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information