Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: my 240sx (coming soon)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Congraulations, enjoy it.

By the way that's we called the 200SX, isn't it?
    200sx, 180sx, silvia, s13, s14, s15 etc etc yes
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Yep. But I think we only got one generation over here. I'm not sure.
    We had two, one with pop-up headlamps and the other (newer) with fixed headlamps.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

cool, a bigger response than i was expecting. anyways to answer some of your questions, yes i got the 240 because it was free but i have always liked 240sx's anyways so i was pretty pumped when i found it. me and my buddies run across cheap(sub $100)/ free cars all the time and we usually just take em out to our field and jump them and race em around the dirt and stuff (i think i have posted some pics of our other cars before, i'll have to do some digging). i found this thing on a local message board i go to, the guy bought it for parts for his nicer 240sx and now just wanted it out of his driveway so we went and picked it up!

for the unitiated the ka24e is the base model motor, its a 4 banger SOHC, and like fisetdavid26 said it comes with 140hp 152 ft lb of torque. unfortunatley the car is an automatic but with all the weight we have taken out of it, it should FLY. it has no interior in it what so ever except the dash and 2 front seats, and 2 front seat belts. no windows except the windshield, no blinkers. headlights or tail lights and a lot of other trimmed up panels.

for the class i am racing in saftey equipment is kept minimal. we will have to relocate the gas tank which will be the biggest headache but won't be too bad. a roll bar is not manditory but we have plenty of scrap steel laying around so we plan on putting one in. we already have helmets and all that stuff too so we should be set with very little money invested in her.

the car is definatley NOT street legal so any fun we have with it will be responsible (as always). it will only be driven at the track or out on my friends private property. i plan on taking some pics of it this weekend because i have to go and take pictures of all the parts off it we took off so i can sell them, and i will post them up for you guys. i'll let you know how it goes and how she does in the races!
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

That's real cool. I wish I could drive.

We Americans always seem to get screwed over with Japanese cars. We didn't get the last version of the Silvia, I don't think.

We had two, one with pop-up headlamps and the other (newer) with fixed headlamps.
    which one? there were 3 or so with fixed headlamps (the S14a is not a separate model imo)
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    which one? there were 3 or so with fixed headlamps (the S14a is not a separate model imo)
    We had those two.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visca Catalunya!

We had those two.
    Wow, you guys got owned... the first one is the '89 right? and the series two S14? if i am not mistaken...

anyway, the KA24E is according to my sources, a 2.4 litre SOHC. Which co-incidentally produces the same HP (stock) as my silvia did with the SR20DE (also non turbo) (105 Kw - 185 Nm)

Another interesting note on how people in the US are jipped, KA24E's or the better KA24DE (112KW - 217 Nm) were never in turbo guise. all aftermarket in the US of A.

(of special note, I am fairly sure no one else got the "240 SX" as all other countries got the two litre donks, which although saller, were well and truely more capable little engines.)
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Wow, you guys got owned... the first one is the '89 right? and the series two S14? if i am not mistaken...
    Well I'm not ver familiar with Nissans, but IIRC both were called 200SX, the first one had a 1.8-litre turbo (170bhp) and the second one a 2-litre turbo 200bhp.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well I'm not ver familiar with Nissans, but IIRC both were called 200SX, the first one had a 1.8-litre turbo (170bhp) and the second one a 2-litre turbo 200bhp.
    yup, but the first model also came with the 2 litre engine, depending on which year it was built i think, just to confuse buyers

In England most of the 200SX's you see are just SR20DE's, but there are a few SR20DET's around, I think. I'm pretty sure they sold the turbocharged ones at some point. Then again they might not be SR series engines, I don't really know... Either way, though, there are 2.0 NA and Turbo models here, and both are awesome but the turbo is more awesome.

Also i've decided i'm buying an S14 at some point in my life, sometime between the AE86 and Evo VI. Hopefully for free as well.
    owner of the most unique corsa in hemel hempstead - its completely mod-free

just to clear up any confusion about Nissan's s-chassis around the world...the first serries was the s13 series, and in japan they were the silvia and the 180sx (hatchback)...180sx named so because it was offered with a ca18det, or 1.8 liter 4 banger... later, it also came with a turbocharger sr20det or naturally aspirated sr20de, but the name 180sx stuck despite the displacement change...the silvia is the same except it is a coupe style and has fixed as opposed to popup headlights.

in america, the s13 was called the 240sx named rightfully so because form 89-90, it was offered with a 2.4 liter ka24e (single cam) and from 91-94 (94 made mainly convertibles) it was offered with a ka24de (twin cam)

i'm not entirely familiar with the european s13's, but the 200sx was named so because of its 2.0 liter sr20det or sr20de

the s14's (second generation with rounder body style and all fixed headlights) in japan were called silvias, and were offered with an sr20det or sr20de

in america, s14's are still called 240sx's with their 2.4 liter ka24de

in europe, s14's are called 200sx's because of their 2.0 liter sr20de or sr20det

the s15 also has the sr20det, but was only offered in japan

note: there were changes made to the engines (primarily sr20det) throughout the years, and that's where you get terms like redtop, blacktop, etc...
    Last edited by katurbo; 06-14-2007 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by katurbo View Post
    They were also available in Australia.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by katurbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    They were also available in Australia.
    what this man said, although some changes were made to the AUDM version

Yeah, about 40kw less.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Yeah, about 40kw less.
    yeah, 150kw vs 190kw or something, thanks to japan thinking we didn't have premium unleaded for some reason

Thread Information