Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: my 240sx (coming soon)

You say that like Australia doesn't...

Christian von Koenigsegg said our 100 w/5% Ethonol was basically a race fuel and would give a ~60bhp boost over the quoted CCX power output...
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    much the same as here

and our chicks are hotter.
    Haven't been to Australia, but I doubt our chicks have anything to envy to your chicks.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Erm no. We have them too. Even 100 octane petrols in some places.
    110 ftw
    even if i was cheating, and got it at an airfield and consequently put it in a 400hp sti
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Haven't been to Australia, but I doubt our chicks have anything to envy to your chicks.
    since my experience is limited to a few spanish restaraunts i won't comment decisively
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

listen up kiddies. its time for one of my rare "drop some technical info on your ass" replies. all this bickering is making me want to stop being so lazy and post something informative for a change. i know my stuff, i am usually just too lazy to type it all out, so listen up.

i seriosley doubt the tunes are different because of different octanes in different countries, especially when considering these factors: our gas is different than yours probably but its no better or worse. you guys overseas just have a different way of measuring octane in the gas.

you guys use the RON system, and we use the MON system here in the US. octane ratings in RON are usually 8-10 points higher than the MON scale. theres were you get your discrepency. please no more america bashing, we don't have garbage petrol, and neither do you, so shut your mouth. anyways, moving on...

the tune does effect what octane gas you want to run, because it can affect things like timing and air fuel ratio, but engine compression has the biggest effect. i know the aussie LS2 and the american ls2 have the same compression ratio, so that does leave it to the tune, but since having more advanced timing that would require greater octane fuel would result in more horsepower, and the fact that the horsepower ratings between the two ls2's are the same that pretty much closes the book on that theory as well.

i could go on if you'd like but i think i have proved my point. i don't want to see any more of your guy's stupid comments messing up my thread. so just stop and we can all get along

and btw sorry for the lack of pictures i have been extremely busy lately and i havent even had a chance to put the starter in yet, let alone get pictures of the car. they will come tho, all in good time.

you gents have a great night!
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Sorry Juggs, but America has really poor quality petrol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    yeah, but companies like shell would still have good quality fuel right
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    You would know this how? What car do you put it in exactly? Do you even have a car? America has just as good gas as any other country. We can buy high octane gas just like anyone else. You might have to go to a track to get some C16 or what not but it is avaible.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by rev440 View Post
    You would know this how? What car do you put it in exactly? Do you even have a car? America has just as good gas as any other country. We can buy high octane gas just like anyone else. You might have to go to a track to get some C16 or what not but it is avaible.
    well, the only reason i can think of why US gas may have poorer quality is the sheer volume you guys use, some of it may be dodgy.
    i.e. i know here the woolworths petrol stations....some of them are poor quality, never putting that in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    well, the only reason i can think of why US gas may have poorer quality is the sheer volume you guys use, some of it may be dodgy.
    i.e. i know here the woolworths petrol stations....some of them are poor quality, never putting that in my car.
    Have you seen the size of american cars lately? We also have 300+ million people living in america which I would guess 150million of these people can drive that might be why we use so much gas. Im still waiting for Zyteks response.

yes, but my point it is when there is such huge volumes in use, the chances of a poor batch getting through quality control is higher, no?

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    yes, but my point it is when there is such huge volumes in use, the chances of a poor batch getting through quality control is higher, no?
    I would belive you are correct on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440 View Post
    I would belive you are correct on this one.
    My reasoning was the same as clutch's.

even if for some reason it is worse quality, it is not bad enough where it is going to make a difference in power. i don't know the last time i remember hearing somebody here complaining about their car running bad because of bad gas. i'm sure it happens sometimes but very very rarely. where are you getting this info that we have poor quality gas anyways? since our gas is good enough for 99.999% of our population i guess that the fact that we have "poor quality" gas shouldnt even be an issue now should it? give it a rest. this is the stupidest argument i have ever heard in my life.

edit- after a little research i have come to the conclusion that autstrailia if anything has worse gasoline than us. a few google searches for things like ["petrol quality" comparison US austrailia] and ["gas quality comparison" us austraila eruope" turned up many results complaining of fuel quality in those other countries but i didnt see any about US fuel quality. AU imports a ton of their petrol from asia... yeah i bet thats REAAAAAAL quality stuff, not to mention you guys pump even more ethanol into your gas than us! a google search for ["poor quality petrol" australia] turns up even more results. complaints from the countries it is imported from as well as the actual gas there are numerous. a search of ["poor quality gas" US] turned up no results that i saw that were actually complaining about the quality of gas in the US. hell i guess BMW is mad at you aussies because your gas sucks so bad they can't even put their direct injection engines into production because they won't work with your crap ass petrol.

however even with all this evidence i believe that the difference is very small. any of your cars would run the exact same on your gas or ours. and if i imported some of that nice overseas gas i wouldn't suddenly have a rocketship for a car either. so i repeat- give it up

zytec fan- maybe you guys out there in idaho are making your gas out of potatoes or something, what makes you think we have bad gas? maybe when your old enough to actually have your liscense you shouldn't even drive because you might get some bad gas, because i mean...that happens alllll the time nowadays lol.
    Last edited by Juggs; 06-22-2007 at 12:30 PM.
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    this is the stupidest argument i have ever heard in my life.
    no no go over to rev440's thread on the dodge stealth for that one
    not to mention you guys pump even more ethanol into your gas than us!
    yeah, because ethanol is soo bad so sorry for using a renewable resource!
    AU imports a ton of their petrol from asia... yeah i bet thats REAAAAAAL quality stuff
    well considering their cars are far better quality than those in the US it's not exactly a stretch
    complaints from the countries it is imported from as well as the actual gas there are numerous.
    you will find the majority of those complaints are related to the woolworths run petrol stations, which in their early years caused engine damage to a lot of people specifically those running private imprts tuned for 98-100ron
    if you think the Us doesn't have dodgy ptrol chains you're kidding yourself, or the general public is too retarded to know any better.

any of your cars would run the exact same on your gas or ours. and if i imported some of that nice overseas gas i wouldn't suddenly have a rocketship for a car either.
    correct

edit: oh yeah - pics of the 240 or GTFO
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 06-22-2007 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    You say that like Australia doesn't...

Christian von Koenigsegg said our 100 w/5% Ethonol was basically a race fuel and would give a ~60bhp boost over the quoted CCX power output...
    Where I live you can buy that at most gas stations. Its suppose to be like 105octane.

Thread Information